• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NG+ |OT| NeoGaf+ For posts that don't fit anywhere else

nush

Gold Member
Why was DunDunDunpachi DunDunDunpachi banned? I remember him as the Wikipedia of Shmups
cf1c4531e2af09ea7965b21c3ce585c6.gif

Maiden Voyage

Gold™ Member
Watching one of those Chappelle Netflix specials and legit wondering what the fuck stove top stuffing tastes like. I don't think I've ever had it before.
Stove Top Stuffing tastes like mush and sage. It's boxed 'stuffing' that you just throw in the oven. It's like the Hamburger Helper version, if that makes sense.

If you make stuffing homemade it can taste decent. I'm not a fan of it myself but will have a spoonful when I make it at Thanksgiving dinner to make sure it's worthy of serving. You can get a much better texture by making it from your own roasted bread.
Here's the recipe I use for Turkey day if you ever want to try it out. Unless it's illegal in Europe, of course.

Last edited:

Thaedolus

Gold Member
Watching one of those Chappelle Netflix specials and legit wondering what the fuck stove top stuffing tastes like. I don't think I've ever had it before.
It’s like $2 a box if you’re curious.

But Maiden Voyage Maiden Voyage is correct, that sausage and sage recipe is the way to go. Just don’t let your wife get carried away and start broiling corn bread in the oven to add to it and forgetting about it and setting off the smoke alarm

Thaedolus

Gold Member
So the espresso machine stopped…espresso’ing

I suspect the grinder, and I was vacuuming out beans and grounds and in the YouTube tutorial I watched it was like “hey make sure you don’t lose this spring.”

Well I vacuumed up the fucking spring. And it’s gone. Like, I disassembled my Dyson animal style/doggy style vacuum and I can’t find it. The wife says I dumped it in the trash- well ok I just dug through the trash with my bare hands and it’s not in there. The contents of the trash are: two happy meal boxes from lunch, and apparently yogurt and coffee grounds from this morning, and German shepherd hair. I know this because I dug through it with my bare hands to prove I didn’t see the spring fall out of the vacuum container when I emptied it.

So anyway I’m gonna order a new grinder for the coffee machine and if that doesn’t solve the problem there’s always sitting in the garage with the truck running

Soodanim

Gold Member
So the espresso machine stopped…espresso’ing

I suspect the grinder, and I was vacuuming out beans and grounds and in the YouTube tutorial I watched it was like “hey make sure you don’t lose this spring.”

Well I vacuumed up the fucking spring. And it’s gone. Like, I disassembled my Dyson animal style/doggy style vacuum and I can’t find it. The wife says I dumped it in the trash- well ok I just dug through the trash with my bare hands and it’s not in there. The contents of the trash are: two happy meal boxes from lunch, and apparently yogurt and coffee grounds from this morning, and German shepherd hair. I know this because I dug through it with my bare hands to prove I didn’t see the spring fall out of the vacuum container when I emptied it.

So anyway I’m gonna order a new grinder for the coffee machine and if that doesn’t solve the problem there’s always sitting in the garage with the truck running
If the spring is in a limited set of known locations, get back in there. Maybe get something to serve as a sieve.

Or look for a replacement spring on eBay/AliExpress, you might be able to save a few quid. Or, if there's a guide somewhere, it might be a fairly standard spring you can source quite easily.

Don't give up just yet.

Thaedolus

Gold Member
If the spring is in a limited set of known locations, get back in there. Maybe get something to serve as a sieve.

Or look for a replacement spring on eBay/AliExpress, you might be able to save a few quid. Or, if there's a guide somewhere, it might be a fairly standard spring you can source quite easily.

Don't give up just yet.
tbh I think it just acts as a little buffer for the grinder; when I order a new one I’ll try to make sure I get the spring too. I’m still like flabbergasted I couldn’t find it, I think I opened a portal to another dimension or avada kadavra’d it with my vacuum wand.

In other news, the doc put me on a new med for the MEM tinnitus I’ve been enduring in my right ear and so far it seems to be working

Soodanim

Gold Member
tbh I think it just acts as a little buffer for the grinder; when I order a new one I’ll try to make sure I get the spring too. I’m still like flabbergasted I couldn’t find it, I think I opened a portal to another dimension or avada kadavra’d it with my vacuum wand.

In other news, the doc put me on a new med for the MEM tinnitus I’ve been enduring in my right ear and so far it seems to be working
That's interesting, I didn't know about MEM Tinnitus. And a medication works for that? That's a result. I've got a mild case of regular tinnitus, not strong enough to do anything about although I don't think there's too much (I did hear about some trials in South Korea a few years back where they injected people behind the ear)

22:22:22

NO PAIN TRANCE CONTINUE
I always bring a pair of 2 boxers. They get paid in laughs.

Mostly cringe though.

Last edited:

Maiden Voyage

Gold™ Member

I promise this is worthy of your time.

Thaedolus

Gold Member
That's interesting, I didn't know about MEM Tinnitus. And a medication works for that? That's a result. I've got a mild case of regular tinnitus, not strong enough to do anything about although I don't think there's too much (I did hear about some trials in South Korea a few years back where they injected people behind the ear)
As far as I know there’s nothing to be done for ringing tinnitus, which I also have in both ears. But that’s such a consistent sound that I pretty much forget about it. At night we just turn a fan on.

The MEM shit started happening probably a couple years ago now and it’s super obnoxious/disruptive/inconsistent. Some days it would be really bad, other days it would just go away. It made it hard to tell if the muscle relaxants he tried at first were really effective or not, but one thing they definitely did was make me loopy. So he started me on a really small dose of an anti seizure medication which he saw has some success in some clinical studies. It’s off label use for it but so far it appears to be working, but like I said the symptoms are so inconsistent one day to another that I think it’ll take a while to really tell. But for today it doesn’t feel like I have a rattlesnake in my ear, so I got that going for me, which is nice.

nush

Gold Member
As far as I know there’s nothing to be done for ringing tinnitus, which I also have in both ears. But that’s such a consistent sound that I pretty much forget about it. At night we just turn a fan on.

The MEM shit started happening probably a couple years ago now and it’s super obnoxious/disruptive/inconsistent. Some days it would be really bad, other days it would just go away. It made it hard to tell if the muscle relaxants he tried at first were really effective or not, but one thing they definitely did was make me loopy. So he started me on a really small dose of an anti seizure medication which he saw has some success in some clinical studies. It’s off label use for it but so far it appears to be working, but like I said the symptoms are so inconsistent one day to another that I think it’ll take a while to really tell. But for today it doesn’t feel like I have a rattlesnake in my ear, so I got that going for me, which is nice.
I assume you've tried ear cleaning? That fixed mine.

Thaedolus

Gold Member
I assume you've tried ear cleaning? That fixed mine.
Brotha, I’ve tried a lot of less invasive interventions and they’ve definitely looked at how clean my ear canal is... I’m pretty sure I fucked my right ear up by being a right hander who shot guns like a good ‘murrican without adults telling me to protect my ears, and being a right handed drummer. Too many gun shots, concerts, and jam sessions.

Protect your ears, kids

Thaedolus

Gold Member
Wife: I’m on my way home, will you make me that sandwich you made me for Mother’s Day that was so delicious

Me: sure give me like a 5 minutes heads up for when you’ll get here and that way it won’t be some soggy bullshit by the time you’re here

Wife:
Meme Reaction GIF

Thaedolus

Gold Member
Ya want some warm toasted bread to enjoy on our nice back patio like last Sunday or do you want something I smashed into the dog’s water bowl? I got time for either just give me a heads up

Thaedolus

Gold Member
Alright let’s be real, if you’re willing to blow your load into a woman who’s ovulating, you need to be willing to take care of disease vectors who kept you up all night with their illness then gave you that illness and puke fruit loops all over your and that live in your house and have the gall to ask you to wipe their butts when you’ve shown them how to do it and they’re perfectly capable of it but still will scream across the house that you need to wipe them when preschool ended so they’re at home but you’re on a call so it’s really asinine they don’t understand that daddy can’t pay the mortgage if he doesn’t tell this guy that his plan to put a device on the market isn’t going to work because he’s not listening….

Anyway, Mondays amirite

Thaedolus

Gold Member
Also, how does a 3 year old shit more than a 210 pound man in his late 30s?

Like, I’d pay money to have shits that big.

Thaedolus

Gold Member
Child 1, running around naked after getting out of the shower

Me: go get your pajamas on please

Child 1 comes back about 5 minutes later still naked

Me: will you please go get in your pajamas like I asked you?

Child 2, in the bath tub: DAAAAAAAAAD!!!!!

Me, running in thinking it’s scalding water or something: what what what

Child 2: can I have water? I got soap in my mouth

Me: there’s water coming out of that faucet right there

Child 2: well no dada not that water

Fucking fine let me go get some nice ice filtered…Child 1 QUIT RUNNING AROUND THE HOUSE NAKED, GET YOUR GODDAMN PAJAMAS ON

Wife: could you have a bit more patience please?

Edit: basically my life is Bluey but less cute and Australian

Last edited:
Top Bottom