• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL 15 PS4 / X1 - No EASHL in the game?

Cake Boss

Banned
So BestBuy page of the last gen version says this

Suit up with your friends and pit your skills against other competitors in the online EA Sports Hockey League

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/nhl-15-...19214171006&skuId=6420036&st=nhl 15&lp=5&cp=1

While the next gen version makes no mention of it at all.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/nhl-15-...19214171002&skuId=6420045&st=NHL 15&lp=1&cp=1

KuGsj.gif
KuGsj.gif
KuGsj.gif
KuGsj.gif

Hahaah EA you just saved me $400 on a new console, all of the games I am interested in this fall are still coming out for the 360 (Horizon 2, NHL 15, Destiney).

Was only going to get it to play EASHL with friends, but unlikely they will pick up the next gen version now.

woodchuck

I was thinking of buying a ps4 for NHL and fifa. Spent so many hours on eashl on nhl 09. If it's true , I hope everyone boycotts next gen nhl

Nivert

I never participated in EASHL but it seems crazy to remove it I can't see them doing it. I wonder if they'll give any confirmation at or after EA's press conference.

I seriously just pre-ordered this game on my way home from work. AND NOW I READ THIS?!!?!
Horsecrap.
My friends and I ONLY play this mode. If they take it out there is no reason to purchase. Guess I'll put that pre-order towards NBA 2K15. At least that is a COMPLETE game.

Complete game my ass, they took out the EASHL style mode in 2K14, not to mention the totally busted ass netcode.

Ellite25

That's some bullshit if true. How could they not include this mode for the new consoles? It doesn't even make sense. That was one of my favorite modes to play too.

NateGrigs

I feel for everyone here that would miss it, but this wouldn't affect me at all. Everytime I tried to play a game online I got pissed at the cheap tactics and cheese goals. Maybe it gets better if you put time into it or have some buddies to play with, but I just stick with playing offline.

Is this playable at gamescom? I was hoping some footage would leak out

TheCloser

Banned
That's some bullshit if true. How could they not include this mode for the new consoles? It doesn't even make sense. That was one of my favorite modes to play too.
There exists a scenario where the devs were having trouble with the implementation of this mode and realized that they would be unable to finish it prior to the release of the game. The 2 options then would be not to release the game or release it without eashl. We both know which option makes more sense.

Lucian

There exists a scenario where the devs were having trouble with the implementation of this mode and realized that they would be unable to finish it prior to the release of the game. The 2 options then would be not to release the game or release it without eashl. We both know which option makes more sense.

Logic does not belong in this thread.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
They've had 2 years to work on this after producing years of shitty versions with minimal improvements, there's no excuse to not have it in. EA is a joke if they leave this mode out, they've always treated the NHL franchise as a second thought, this is just reinforcement of that.

I'd cancel my preorder asap. I have the Ultimate edition preordered to boot, I thought the shit that comes with it are related to EASHL? Sad if true.

I'll be pretty much done with EA if this is true. EASHL has to be one of the most played game modes, and competitively nothing else in that game comes close.

Guarantee HUT will make the cut though...Why one and not the other? Oh yeah, profit.

Cake Boss

Banned

They had 2 years to work on this, I bet you their crappy physics system thats holding this back will probably won't be that impressive, it will just include some new hitting animations and players falling animations and thats it, will add nothing to the final game.

TheStruggler

Report me for trolling ND/TLoU2 threads
I never understand when every next generation of consoles come out they end up taking features out of the game compared to last gen, then add it in the year after like wtf

TheCloser

Banned
They had 2 years to work on this, I bet you their crappy physics system thats holding this back will probably won't be that impressive, it will just include some new hitting animations and players falling animations and thats it, will add nothing to the final game.
I really doubt that. How about you play the the game before shit talking.

Robcat

Banned
There is no way they leave eashl out. Fifa 14 on ps4 and xbox one have pro clubs and that mode isn't nearly as popular as eashl. This is really the only mode I play in NHL. It really takes all the rage out of losing one on one its a lot more fun losing as a team lol. That being said I can totally see EA doing this.

rashbeep

Banned
If this is actually true then I really have no reason at all to buy a next gen console this year.

I wish I was joking.

Wow have the game preordered, but if this turns out to be true, im out. I only play this and online vs play. EA is seriously the worst, how do you take an extra year for the next gen versions of the game and not have arguably the most popular game mode? Words cant describe how stupid that would be.

bsnakes12

Neo Member
Damn, this is a huge blow. I find single player in sports games to be mostly terrible and have been a huge fan of this feature since the start.

I can't say this will stop me from buying it since I think I've bought every game since NHL '94 but the shelf life of this game is going to decrease dramatically. I like playing online 1v1 but it gets old quick and usually I'd play a game or two and move on to something else after the first few weeks along with a half hearted franchise that I'd abandon soon as well.

Online Team Play felt totally different, this actually kept me coming back weeks and months after the game came out or I'd just sit around all day on a saturday afternoon playing game after game even if it was just with complete randoms. Especially after the first few weeks after the guys who have no idea what their doing stop playing and it's just the dedicated guys who take it seriously and want to have a good game.

At this point considering the amount of info they've released so far I'm very skeptical that this will be a noticeable step up from the 360 version I've been playing the last few years. I thought the E3 footage looked pretty rough but I ignored it since it was E3 and they still had a few months to go. Now there's about a month to release and all we have are some player ratings and pictures of arenas which don't matter anyways since you never see the rest of the rink during the game really.

I'm on PS4 now which means probably no demo if it gets the Madden treatment and just a couple youtube videos showing stickhandling moves nobody every uses and hopefully a full period at least before the actual release date.

TheCloser

Banned
Seeing how I have played every single one since NHL 04, I kind of know what to expect from this developer and publisher, this year won't be that different.
Yea cool, I've played every nhl since 2000 so yea, it's not a competition. I can understand your frustration with the unconfirmed rumor and if it's true, I will be disappointed as well. It is still not an excuse to shit all over their new game without even playing it. What they have shown of the puck physics and 12 player collisions has the potential to impact the game positively. The dev team are one of Ea's smaller dev teams so they don't have as much man power as we'd like. I'm sure they had a good reason to leave it out if this rumor is true. Hut is still in because it's using the one v one online framework so that's not surprising.

What the hell?

I actually enjoy playing the 1 v 1 game itself (Which consisted of 1% of my NHL playing time) but how the fuck do not release last year's game and then leave this out?

GL;HF to EA if this is true.

Red_Man

Yea cool, I've played every nhl since 2000 so yea, it's not a competition. I can understand your frustration with the unconfirmed rumor and if it's true, I will be disappointed as well. It is still not an excuse to shit all over their new game without even playing it. What they have shown of the puck physics and 12 player collisions has the potential to impact the game positively. The dev team are one of Ea's smaller dev teams so they don't have as much man power as we'd like. I'm sure they had a good reason to leave it out if this rumor is true. Hut is still in because it's using the one v one online framework so that's not surprising.
Do you work for EA or something? There is no reasonable excuse to have this mode omitted, and EA has shit on NHL fans for years now without apology.

Rammer is that you?

T.M. MacReady

NO ONE DENIES MEMBER

is that the Fragile EAgle?

Red_Man

Have we seen any gameplay from this? Aside from the leaked stuff.
Nope. Just the stuff from their development trailers that are like 1 min long. Really inspiring confidence since this launches in under a month.

EA's Gamescom live stream came and went with nothing re: game modes or EASHL.

Official gameplay trailer from Gamescom: http://www.operationsports.com/news/755748/nhl-15-official-gameplay-trailer-from-gamescom/

Demo coming 8/26. Guessing this may give us our first real look at whether EASHL is in the game (e.g. looking at game mode options).

I hadn't even thought about it until this thread appeared...but if they haven't mentioned anything AT ALL by now, I really doubt it's in. You know they always hype up previous modes and claim it's "All improved!" along with "other improvements which really did dick"

Fucking sucks, man.

TheCloser

Banned
Do you work for EA or something? There is no reasonable excuse to have this mode omitted, and EA has shit on NHL fans for years now without apology.

Rammer is that you?

is that the Fragile EAgle?

Lol, you should go read the any other thread involving ea to see how much i support EA. Especially when i'm the one that evangelizes that all EA sports games have bad AI so therefore all ea sports games suck.

jim-carrey.gif

Cake Boss

Banned
If it was in they probably would have said by now on Twitter or something, just to throw some water in the fire.

But they haven't so its likely out for next gen versions.

New update on OS: UPDATE #2: (Wednesday, 11:50am EST) EA Sports Hockey League (EASHL) is clearly indicated on 360/PS3 (via Amazon, Best Buy) but NOTHING for Xbox One/PS4.

Doesn't look good for the XB1/PS4 versions of the game. What a joke, EA, if true.

New update on OS: UPDATE #2: (Wednesday, 11:50am EST) EA Sports Hockey League (EASHL) is clearly indicated on 360/PS3 (via Amazon, Best Buy) but NOTHING for Xbox One/PS4.

Doesn't look good for the XB1/PS4 versions of the game. What a joke, EA, if true.

Beyond fucking retarded... I'd seriously buy the PS3 version if the PS4 version didn't come with EASHL.

Red_Man

I just don't get why they would remove it from the next-gen version. Doesn't make sense.
Because EA is a piece of shit company, that's why. They've always treated the NHL franchise as an after thought, that's all this is. You'd never see this kind of situation with a game like Fifa.

I just don't get why they would remove it from the next-gen version. Doesn't make sense.

It makes no sense but then you look across the board at sports games in general (FIFA, 2k) and this kind of bullshit is consistent. Then they're going to treat it like some new feature the next year.

I could have accepted no EASHL if they ported it over last year, FIFA had similar things where they ported it and took out features (But at least they're adding it in this year), but this year for NHL? The fuck.

depward

Yeah this seriously ticks me off. Shame on me for buying a PS4 really for the idea of next-gen EASHL hockey.

EASHL is easily my top played game mode of, well, the last however many years EASHL has been in the NHL series.

My thoughts summed up are:
  1. If it was in the game, Rammer could just simply send out a tweet that said "EASHL is in PS4 / Xbox One." I'm actually fairly impressed with the amount of people tweeting about no EASHL.
  2. This mode at least generates SOME revenue (not HUT-level of revenue, but something as people like to buy boosts and slot equipment unlocks [which is ridiculous in its own right])
  3. They didn't release a next-gen hockey game last year... so shouldn't that mean they had a longer time to work on NHL 15 for next-gen?

Have people been bugging Rammer on Twitter about EASHL? Seriously, it's less than 1 month away and they won't even confirm or deny it...

ref

Seriously not cool if it's not in the game.

I'm going to buy it regardless as I missed out on 14, but EASHL is such a great experience. Not having it in will be a major, major disappointment.

Maybe they are following the trend of other developers and patching it in. I was really looking forward to this game since I skipped last years because it wasn't on the new consoles.

Maybe they are following the trend of other developers and patching it in. I was really looking forward to this game since I skipped last years because it wasn't on the new consoles.

This seems like something way too big to patch in? I'm not a dev expert so I don't even know if an add on/expansion is possible

I'm going to buy it regardless as I missed out on 14

Nooo join the cause :(

Although I kind of want to play it too...but I'd rather not allow them the pleasure of an additional sale.

I'm really tempted to still buy it for Be A Pro and the regular online vs, which I play a lot of. I also skipped NHL 14 so it's been 2 years since I had a hockey game to play.

But I think if this feature really is gone I need to vote with my wallet on principle, hard as it may be to do. I can't give them money for this.

depward

Have people been bugging Rammer on Twitter about EASHL? Seriously, it's less than 1 month away and they won't even confirm or deny it...

Yes, very much so. Rammer doesn't have a history of really replying to anyone on twitter... so nothing new there. He tends to just retweet a lot of their EA NHL twitter account tweets.

Top Bottom