• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL 16 EASHL Beta |OT| Where No Progression Is Better Than Nothing

Delryk

Anyone up for playing some Beta Games on the last night tonight?

In past years, it was 100% necessary. I think the AI actually does a pretty good job of getting the puck to the open guy now. Does it really matter if they can or can't now? But I do agree that sometimes you call for a pass and the AI passes it to you right away so you pass the puck off accidentally after receiving it.

It just gets annoying playing against peeps that keeps calling for the puck.. lol.

Anyway.. guess im done with the beta on my side. My club went 18-7-1 and i think i got like 31 pts in 23 games.. that includes all the crappy lost connections..lol.. so im happy. Saw guys trying to cheese but so far so good..

Tops guys on the leaderboards have like 3 pts per game avg.. so they managed to keep the goals down -- also, maybe these guys played against human goalies..lol imo, best eashl setup yet.

Beta has been extended until Monday August 10th

http://bit.ly/1MQVLka

To make sure that everyone gets time to experience the new gameplay tuner and offer additional feedback - We are extending the EASHL Beta until Monday, August 10, 2015, on both Xbox One and PlayStation 4. The beta will end between 10:00 am - 12:00 pm PT.

This tuner will only impact gameplay and will not affect other in-game elements such as presentation or online connection. This tuner will update EASHL player class attributes and general gameplay elements to make the game more balanced. As this is a beta, your current experience will not fully represent what will be in NHL 16 when the game launches in September. We are incredibly appreciative of all the feedback so far, and we will continue to improve and refine the experience.

EASHL Beta Gameplay Tuner:

• Lowered AI faceoff attributes.
  • Lowered Power Forwards shot accuracy and chance to intercept the puck cleanly to make up for their strong puck control.
  • Lowered success of the standup goalie to cover the top of the net when in the butterfly.
  • Lowered strength of protecting the puck. Players will still absorb hits in the right situations, but it will lower the threshold of the strength of the collision to cause the player to stumble.
  • Lowered balance on all classes slightly to go hand in hand with the lowering of puck control strength when protecting the puck.
  • Decreased friction on boards to help regular passes kick around easier.
  • The goalie will favor the shooter more, taking away the short-side but will be more vulnerable to cross-ice passes as a result.
  • Lowered AI goalie speed moving across for passes.
  • Less goalie error on slower pucks on net towards their 5-hole.
  • Lowered AI goalie aggression to come out and play the puck and chance of flipping the puck over the glass.
  • Lowered goalie passing/shooting speed.
  • Decreased player controlled goalie speed in core movement (T-pushes and full butterfly pushes) to make them easier to control.
  • Lowered speed of goalie passing the puck out from their glove when they are covering the puck, and raised the ability for a near opponent to intercept it.
  • Increased player controlled goalies ability to make saves near their body when they are cutting off the angles, and decreased ability to make saves when they are back on the goal line and forced to reach out to the edges of the net.
  • Added a fix to prevent faceoff spamming from working.
  • Reduced wrap around success for shooters to be more in line with the player controlled goalies ability to get over.

Since they extended the beta, the temptation to take advantage of Gamestop used game policy has greatly risen...will there be room for a ps4 guy this weekend?

I caved! Could not resist. Hope to play with you gents tonight/this weekend. And Marvie my smoke detector works the way it should!

Since they extended the beta, the temptation to take advantage of Gamestop used game policy has greatly risen...will there be room for a ps4 guy this weekend?

I caved! Could not resist. Hope to play with you gents tonight/this weekend. And Marvie my smoke detector works the way it should!
Yea just send an invite and I or someone else will get you in today

Marvie_3

Banned

You fix smoke detectors like EA fixes faceoff spamming. :lol

I got to the main menu and this download thing just isn't showing up, looked up some video where a guy moved his D-Pad around a bunch and got the download menu to appear, but no luck so far...

It keeps alternating between this "Team of the Week" and a picture of Ryan Kessler HUT thing

Ugh, this just isn't showing up. I wonder if I showed up too late to download, like if you didn't get it by the original cut off date, you're out.
I'll attempt this again in a few hours, but it looks like I may just have to wait 6 weeks...

Got on chat with Manish G. from EA and he gave me a code, it's downloading, 35 minutes left!

I tried joining the club, but it looks like it's been maxed out? (21 members)

I'll be around for most of the evening, I'll have some company over for a bit maybe 4 hours from now, but I'll be here before then and after.

I tried joining the club, but it looks like it's been maxed out? (21 members)

I'll be around for most of the evening, I'll have some company over for a bit maybe 4 hours from now, but I'll be here before then and after.

We can boot some people that have 0 games played and get you in

Ill be home in about 20 mins and ill take care of it unless Aces sees the thread

Cool, I'm playing with the OS guys right now, but whenever you and the fellas would like to play and I'll be right there to send that request whenever our current game is done. I told them I was just a mercenary for hire!

So far, the game feels good. Feels slower than I remember but I don't have a problem with that at all. I'm not positive about input lag---I was a split second late a few times, but I think that was mostly my fault. You definitely have to set yourself up better to make passes, isn't going to be as OP as years past with all the other kinds of builds. So far I've chosen Sniper.

Playing this game made me so happy though. It's been WAY too long.

naeS

Cool, I'm playing with the OS guys right now, but whenever you and the fellas would like to play and I'll be right there to send that request whenever our current game is done. I told them I was just a mercenary for hire!

So far, the game feels good. Feels slower than I remember but I don't have a problem with that at all. I'm not positive about input lag---I was a split second late a few times, but I think that was mostly my fault. You definitely have to set yourself up better to make passes, isn't going to be as OP as years past with all the other kinds of builds. So far I've chosen Sniper.

Playing this game made me so happy though. It's been WAY too long.

Try sending your request again, the pending requests may have been full.

I cleared 2 spots out with least gms played, Brosephstalin and scenedance

Ph33nix should be good whenever he sends the request

If scenedance or broseph want back in just post in here and we will make it happen

Im up for games in about 20 mins

Sent the request. Had two nice warm up games.

Going to get me a bite to eat and feed the dog, and I'll be on whenever yall want to get this started.

Stat!

I cleared 2 spots out with least gms played, Brosephstalin and scenedance

Ph33nix should be good whenever he sends the request

If scenedance or broseph want back in just post in here and we will make it happen

Im up for games in about 20 mins

I'll be on as well

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Anyone playing on X1? NPP club, I saw there was a bunch of invite request, if anyone wants to play I'm down for a few games

Just fyi, I accepted TSizzle's club request---he is CrimsonCommie on GAF.

We lost the first game but have been doing much better since!

Top Bottom