• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL 16 EASHL Beta |OT| Where No Progression Is Better Than Nothing

Delryk

full dressing rooms usually lasts 2-3 weeks after the release date.. then everybody leaves but the "main" guys. Like this every year of EASHL

MilesTeg

Banned
Man this setup is just terrible. There better be drop-in in the final game or im out. There also needs to be some kind of progression/reward system for your skater. Right now it feels very barebones and its a hassle to even get a game going.

Added Aces to PS4 team and hes been made a GM

There are 3 other pending invites

Ryok...
Forzanera....
...goonies

Post in here if you want your invite to be accepted

Man this setup is just terrible. There better be drop-in in the final game or im out. There also needs to be some kind of progression/reward system for your skater. Right now it feels very barebones and its a hassle to even get a game going.

Didn't they eventually add drop in games this year? I can't see how they won't have that.

...although I guess last year "I can't see how they won't have EASHL" was a thought I had to myself up until August...

There wont be progression for your pro. Its the hill they will die on this year for the sake of "balance" and getting expanding the audience for the mode

Didn't they eventually add drop in games this year? I can't see how they won't have that.

...although I guess last year "I can't see how they won't have EASHL" was a thought I had to myself up until August...

I gotta think they will have drop-ins in the retail version, and its prob already been answered in one of their QA sessions.

They prob wanted to keep the beta as light on features as possible to gather good metrics to avoid as many embarassing crashes/bugs as possible.

Robcat

Banned
There wont be progression for your pro. Its the hill they will die on this year for the sake of "balance" and getting expanding the audience for the mode

I gotta think they will have drop-ins in the retail version, and its prob already been answered in one of their QA sessions.

They prob wanted to keep the beta as light on features as possible to gather good metrics to avoid as many embarassing crashes/bugs as possible.

They already said no drop ins with your created player only real nhl teams. They also said they might add it in later.

They already said no drop ins with your created player only real nhl teams. They also said they might add it in later.

thanks for the info, yea i figured it was answered already

not a deal-breaker for me.

hopefully they at least find a way to improve drop-ins if they are being added post-launch or next year so that everyone is not forced to scramble to get their preferred position and that there is some kind of "kick" functionality for idiots who idle, do stupid shit with the goalie or pipe loud music thru their mic

hopefully they at least find a way to improve drop-ins if they are being added post-launch or next year so that everyone is not forced to scramble to get their preferred position and that there is some kind of "kick" functionality for idiots who idle, do stupid shit with the goalie or pipe load music thru their mic

I agree with all of the above, and it would also be nice if you could choose to be in a game with a required amount of humans on each side, or that if one side has a human goalie the other must as well...too many times in previous versions I would see 3 v 6 or 3 v 5 just because both sides had all ready'd up.

But the position stuff is more important to me. I started figuring out when I could tell someone picked a position to spite everyone else and if they were going to act a fool on purpose. Most commonly with goalie.

Jachaos

So I left the PS4 club the other day because a friend of mine had one and wanted to try with me but I'll be joining up again. My ID is DoTheChomp.

I suck. Would you guys still accept me? Haha

Its just a beta. If u want to give the game a shot send an invite to your console's club and they will let you in

Ryökäle;174048081 said:
Already posted a few posts above yours, PSN just doesn't like ö's and ä's. ;D

My bad, i didnt see it yesterday when I browsed the thread and denied your req. Send another one. I will be available to accept in 3 hrs. If forsakenkid, aces, saad or milly are around they can let you in before i get to it

Jachaos

Anyone know if SharePlay works with the Beta? I was trying to get a bud to play it but he said it told him he didn't have the application, yet he saw the other PSN ID in my room so obviously something worked.

The input lag is crazy unbearable. I'll have to measure it some time. Feels like over a full second of delay.
I literally had one day of games where the input lag didn't legit affect my play. Every other day, my player has passed the puck because I called for the pass a second+ earlier. Or I barely miss a poke check because my guy didn't poke check right when I pressed R1.

I think it might be playable with the input lag if I hadn't already become so accustomed to offline play. It's too bad, because it's very cool playing with human players and people you can communicate with. Hell, I'd be fine if they reverted the physics back to NHL 14 if it's too complicated to have even 2 v 2 without input lag. And even though it might set a bad precedent, I'd consider paying a $5 premium for dedicated servers.

It just sucks feeling like I have to panic pass the puck the moment I get it when I'm on defense because whatever normal play I'd like to do just won't work because of the delay.

What's even more frustrating is I had one day (three games) where the lag wasn't there. So who knows.

Earlier in the thread I posted about input lag problems. I figured out my TV was set to something other than a "game" picture mode. It cleared up the input lag in NHL along with any other miniscule input lag I had that went unnoticed for months with other games.

So if anyone else is having issues then check that out.

Unfortunately my TV is already set to game mode, plus I don't experience input lag with any other games.

It's really frustrating going back and forth between this and Rocket League. Rocket League sometimes has (actual) lag due to either playing people from Europe or the servers having a hiccup, and it can have framerate issues too (specifically on maps that rain), but I never once feel an iota of input lag with that game. And trust me, you'd notice it if you did considering the type of game it is.

I understand that having 8 total players online (max) controlling moving boxes that hit a single spheric object (on dedicated servers) sounds a lot easier than 12 players online controlling humanoid characters with a myriad of moves that interact with a single disc object (via P2P servers), but man, it just makes it unplayable most of the time.

I almost regret having that one day that didn't have input lag, because I know it's possible now. I just don't know if the problem is more on EA's end or my own.

Cudder

Unfortunately my TV is already set to game mode, plus I don't experience input lag with any other games.

It's really frustrating going back and forth between this and Rocket League. Rocket League sometimes has (actual) lag due to either playing people from Europe or the servers having a hiccup, and it can have framerate issues too (specifically on maps that rain), but I never once feel an iota of input lag with that game. And trust me, you'd notice it if you did considering the type of game it is.

I understand that having 8 total players online (max) controlling moving boxes that hit a single spheric object (on dedicated servers) sounds a lot easier than 12 players online controlling humanoid characters with a myriad of moves that interact with a single disc object (via P2P servers), but man, it just makes it unplayable most of the time.

I almost regret having that one day that didn't have input lag, because I know it's possible now. I just don't know if the problem is more on EA's end or my own.

Even the 1v1 online mode in 15 has this inherent lag in it's gameplay. It's probably just EA's shit servers.

I don't know what else to recommend. My idea fixed it for myself and two friends. Maybe it's some type of image processing filter you have enabled on your TV.

I mainly noticed a change while going through the Playstation home screen. When I pressed the d-pad, I would notice the responsiveness there along with the sound from my soundbar being quicker. I then switched it back to what I had it on before which was some custom setting and the difference was drastic. I bought the TV near the end of May and have been playing games on it with the custom setting the entire time. Even finished Devil May Cry 4 with input lag, albeit miliseconds worth.

It's 100% on EA's side.

I just played three games in a row with other GAF members.

The first game we played 5 v 5 and there was input lag abound.

The second game we were 4 v 4 and the input lag was almost completely gone (still did a pass after calling for a pass once or twice, but that's it).

Third game was 3 v 3, no input lag again.

My bet is I was either given host for those last two games, or the players happened to be close to me in terms of region.

But either way it's completely server-side and not TV-related. And I'm pretty sure it doesn't have anything to do with the speed of my connection either now.

That's true. It'd be nice if there could be a setting so you'd only play full teams of players within your region, or at least make the lag penalize the distant players (if such a thing is possible), but I'm not holding my breath.

Just played a couple games with a guy from my city 2 v 2 and no lag.

The one setting they HAVE to tweak is to just remove the instant pass when you press the pass button before receiving the puck. Due to the lag, I find myself too scared to call for passes because most of the time the AI passes it right before I call for it, which results in me just passing the puck down the ice.

Delryk

That's true. It'd be nice if there could be a setting so you'd only play full teams of players within your region, or at least make the lag penalize the distant players (if such a thing is possible), but I'm not holding my breath.

Just played a couple games with a guy from my city 2 v 2 and no lag.

The one setting they HAVE to tweak is to just remove the instant pass when you press the pass button before receiving the puck. Due to the lag, I find myself too scared to call for passes because most of the time the AI passes it right before I call for it, which results in me just passing the puck down the ice.

Im one of those guys that i think calling passes and shooting shouldnt be in the game at all online. BUT the AI should be smart enough to make good decisions...

Stat!

Anyone up for playing some Beta Games on the last night tonight?

Im one of those guys that i think calling passes and shooting shouldnt be in the game at all online. BUT the AI should be smart enough to make good decisions...

In past years, it was 100% necessary. I think the AI actually does a pretty good job of getting the puck to the open guy now. Does it really matter if they can or can't now? But I do agree that sometimes you call for a pass and the AI passes it to you right away so you pass the puck off accidentally after receiving it.

Top Bottom