• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL 16 EASHL Beta |OT| Where No Progression Is Better Than Nothing

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
I'll try and find my mic some time tomorrow or Sunday, it's lying around somewhere.

What's everyone's general preference for class so far? Seems like a lot of people are using the PF.

Marvie_3

Banned
I'll try and find my mic some time tomorrow or Sunday, it's lying around somewhere.

What's everyone's general preference for class so far? Seems like a lot of people are using the PF.
TWF seems to be the one that works the best for me so far. PF is ok but i havent been impressed with the other builds.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
TWF seems to be the one that works the best for me so far. PF is ok but i havent been impressed with the other builds.
Yea, I tried TWF and I was at least able to pick up pucks off of other players where I can't with the playmaker or sniper. It's still frustrating being in passing lanes and not picking up the puck or at least intercepting it.

Marvie_3

Banned
Yea, I tried TWF and I was at least able to pick up pucks off of other players where I can't with the playmaker or sniper. It's still frustrating being in passing lanes and not picking up the puck or at least intercepting it.
The interception/poke check rate still seems really inconsistent. Some games it works fine. Other games it seems like everything gets through. Itd help if EA would put the series on dedicated servers for once. PvP hosting causes a lot of problems.

I didn't play NHL 15 online at all, but there seems to be wayyyyy more input lag with EASHL. Passes can take almost a full second. It's brutal. Hoping it's just because I'm playing guys from far away or something.

Marvie_3

Banned
I didn't play NHL 15 online at all, but there seems to be wayyyyy more input lag with EASHL. Passes can take almost a full second. It's brutal. Hoping it's just because I'm playing guys from far away or something.
It can be pretty bad. Ive had a couple games so far where its been almost 2 seconds of input lag. Other than that its been ok. Hopefully its just an issue in the beta.

Jachaos

There's definitely input lag added to what I already get from my TV. When I play NHL15 offline everything is so smooth, even with input lag it's easy to make hits, great passes, etc. and I didn't play much online this year so that might be it, but there's definitely quite a bit of input lag to the point where it's tough to pull off those great passing plays because it's simply too late for every reaction to be made.

Ardenyal

If only this game had dedicated servers. I've been spoiled by Rocket League.

Have they said anything about tuning the game during the beta?

Ai goalies feel a little bit too good at the moment. Going goalless into OT so often is getting a bit tiresome. It's not due to lack of peoples ability to put good shots on net either, good plays just aren't rewarded at the moment.

Human goalies in comparison need some help. I don't think I've played a game where the combined total for goals hasn't been over 10 goals scored. An average human goalie has always been worse than an average AI goalie but in this beta the difference is ginormous. I wish they would make playing human G a little bit more attractive.

Doel

I'd love to give my impressions if I can manage to get into a game. Should have been random match-making team play if they really wanted to get our impressions of the game and not just the interface.

EDIT: Finally got in one, very fun. Surprisingly smooth.

any open/active clubs? 2 days, ive yet to play a single game.

as far as I know there is 1 club on each system (PS4 and XB1)

Here are the details, just search for the abbreviation and send a join request

XB1 CLUB
Name = Napalmpom
Abbreviation = NPP

PS4 CLUB
Name = Beta Late Then Neva
Abbreviation = GAF

Edit: 2 invites pending on PS4, let me know if you are from GAF and ill accept them

Maggot9
x1921

Ellite25

every club i join says game in progress. do i actually have to sit here and wait for a game to finish before i can play?
Honestly it's one of the dumbest things about this beta/game. I don't wanna sit for 20 minutes for a game to open up just to hope I'm fast enough to get into the lineup before other people. If there are enough people in the dressing room for another game we should be able to play. I don't know who thought this was a good idea.

Meneses

Found this on EA Forums
"It is but you've probably set your origin account location to a non-US country and it could be that the news feature in nhl doesn't work then. So login to origin and set your location to USA. Then open nhl 15 and you should see a rotation of news items in the top right square in the main menu. The third page in the rotation is a link to the beta. Hope it works for you. It did for me."

That definitely worked, thanks a lot!

naeS

Glad it worked

Everyone but you would be my recommendation :)

Ill be out until 11pm est is
If someone else is around accept invite from "maggot"
I denied it earlier and they hit me up via pm

GMs right now are
Me
Forsaken
Milly
Wsox
Crussher

I'll be out as well this evening. I'll check again before I leave for any invites.

Human goalies in comparison need some help. I don't think I've played a game where the combined total for goals hasn't been over 10 goals scored. An average human goalie has always been worse than an average AI goalie but in this beta the difference is ginormous. I wish they would make playing human G a little bit more attractive.
My buddy has played pretty good at goalie only gives up 2 to 3 goals on average

Man, I honestly feel like I'm taking crazy pills when anyone says there isn't any (input) lag. Maybe this is the way online play has always been and people have become accustomed to it?

I just played three more games 2v2 today on Team GAF, and we won all three, but I had to shoot the puck a second+ sooner than normal just to try to get the timing right.

It's weird because the lag doesn't seem to be based on anyone's connection. I have a 50mb+ connection, play any other online PS4 game without lag, no problem.

But with NHL 16, I'll see an AI defenseman get the puck, I'll press pass, he'll pass it, and then the moment I receive the puck my player will pass it forward because the game didn't receive my L2 input until after the pass was actually made.

It's incredibly frustrating because it's great fun playing with and against human opponents otherwise. I like that they've made it easier to intercept passes.

I just don't know what to do when it comes to the input lag. Do you guys really not experience it? Do you think it's something based on my location (western Canada)? Should I try resetting my router? I'll do anything to fix the lag, which I swear is there!

tumblr_mmiffwBXNM1s6tyi0o1_400.gif

Top Bottom