• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL 16 EASHL (PS4) | LIVE. CHEL. REPEAT.

Stat!

New QA up that has some new EASHL info

http://www.operationsports.com/feat...ements-new-goalie-cam-no-roster-sharing-more/

-screenshot above shows all new custom logos not the ones from last gen. Looks like a total of 40 choices.

-you can have 3rd jerseys if you choose to use custom jerseys but the club has to level up enough to unlock this ability

Maybe you can also unlock new logos??

I wonder if you we are still able to use normal jerseys or if we have to "unlock" those too. Or maybe there are 40 logos plus all the ones in the game from all the leagues?

I wonder if you we are still able to use normal jerseys or if we have to "unlock" those too. Or maybe there are 40 logos plus all the ones in the game from all the leagues?

Im sure you can use jerseys and logos from existing teams. Those will prob be unlocked much quicker than the custom stuff, probably when you initially unlock the ability to proceed from blank jerseys to having ones with a logo and customization.

Stat!

we havent' lost in months...

so we've played 9-10games in months but that's not the point! :p

We are basically the greatest. Don't play in a while, come in and sweep, then repeat.

Also, the beta dates were announced
EA Sports has just announced their NHL 17 public beta, scheduled to arrive on July 28 and continue through August 4. Fans will be able to check out and provide feedback for the following modes:

Downloaded it on xbone, how the fuck do I time one timers and reflections properly? Every time I try I swing the stick a second early or late and it's doing my head in

Downloaded it on xbone, how the fuck do I time one timers and reflections properly? Every time I try I swing the stick a second early or late and it's doing my head in

Its just timing i guess. Are you playing VS mode or EASHL/Be A Pro where you are locked to one player?

What up Milly. Noticed your PSN pic changed awhile ago. Congrats on the new arrival. Named him/her after Moop right?

Its just timing i guess. Are you playing VS mode or EASHL/Be A Pro where you are locked to one player?

What up Milly. Noticed your PSN pic changed awhile ago. Congrats on the new arrival. Named him/her after Moop right?

EASHL. Got the hang of most of the game and my breakaways are improving slowly but one timers/deflections are a complete lottery.

EASHL. Got the hang of most of the game and my breakaways are improving slowly but one timers/deflections are a complete lottery.

There are problems and glitches with the animations that will cause you to miss some from time to time.

Most good defenses wont let that cross crease pass for a one-timer make it across to you so it's not too big of a thing to not have mastered.

Delryk

So.... apperently this is a NHL17 celly

giphy.gif

<shrugs>

Some new NHL info from Game Informer

http://www.gameinformer.com/games/n...016/07/02/68-things-we-know-about-nhl-17.aspx

Heres the EASHL specific stuff.

To give the popular mode more of a long-term hook, EA is introducing a new team progression system.
Your team starts with a generic jersey and a community rink. As your team gets more games under its belt and jumps up the competitive tiers of play, you unlock new jersey customization options like a greater variety of logos, uniform styles, alternate jerseys, arena songs, and new stadium options. Eventually your team can work its way up to a state of the art arena with flourishes like the Xcel Energy Center lighthouse or Amalie Arena Tesla Coil.

The new jersey customization offers several more jersey styles and logos than in years past.
You cannot customize goalie masks, unfortunately.
The arena/jersey customization is currently only accessible in the game menus, but EA is watching to see how players use it before deciding whether or not they should create a web client like NCAA Football had in years past.

EA is still examining how much individual player customization they want to introduce to progression outside of player celebrations, but the devs we spoke to mentioned that players can choose from a much more formidable lineup of salad as they create players, including the untouchable Jamomir Jagr mullet and Al Iafrate's isle of hair.

EA took feedback from the player classes last year and is tweaking each slightly, though their general skills and deficiencies are the same. Player speed was one of the biggest points of emphasis in the recalibration; if your team makes a poor pass decision that leads to a turnover, the puck is going to go the other way much more quickly.

The dangler class introduced midseason is coming back as well.

NHL 17 also introduces a handful of new classes to the mode to reflect the wider array of player styles in the NHL; the final number of new classes is in the air still as they go through playtests, but EA shared four of them with us.

One of the new classes being tested is an Ovechkin-style hitting sniper, who loses a little bit of the traditional sniper's accuracy in favor of more hitting power.

Another new forward type is the large playmaker, modeled after power forwards with great vision like Joe Thornton.

The last new forward class is the two-way dangler, who is modeled after the game of Pavel Datsyuk. This dangler loses a little bit of his hands in favor of better defensive skills.

The new class coming to defense is a puck-moving defenseman, who excels at passing. Adding this class demanded the dev team revisit the pre-existing defensive classes. Now the offensive defenseman has the big shot, and the defensive defenseman is more of a stay at home net clearer.

EA added a rank rating to each user, so the game can matchmake pickup games based on skill.

Stat!

I really like the idea of more of these classes. Adds more differences!

But damn, reading a lot of the stuff makes me disappointed. Like no overhauled rating system or scouting/trading system. Things that have been asked for years!

Stat!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wUEnudwC87I&feature=share

The net front battle thing looks way more interesting and effective this time around

Yeah it does. I feel like NHL 17 will be good. Not the greatest NHL game of all time, but good. Im worried because I know that there are still a ton of problems that will remain unaddressed for another year which sucks.

In the LA Kings dump in clip, Fowler should have already started to pivot but because it was too late, he gets beat to the puck by Dwight King of all people.

Delryk

Yeah it does. I feel like NHL 17 will be good. Not the greatest NHL game of all time, but good. Im worried because I know that there are still a ton of problems that will remain unaddressed for another year which sucks.

In the LA Kings dump in clip, Fowler should have already started to pivot but because it was too late, he gets beat to the puck by Dwight King of all people.

They were prolly playing arcade mode for all we know.. lol

Top Bottom