• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL 17 EASHL (Xbox One) NeoGAF Dot Horses

Marvie_3

Banned
Anyone downloading the NHL 18 Open Beta? To be honest, looking at the features for 18, I was feeling like I was going to pass - no new engine, no significant improvements where I am most likely to play, BUT I hear you can play as Youppi in the 3 on 3 mode?!
I downloaded the beta a week ago. 😎

Pre-exploit goal discovery NHL is my favourite.

I'll upload the clip of Marvie missing the empty net shortly.

That was a really good run. Hard to say if we were playing bad teams or or of they improved the game or if me upgrading my internet to 150 and my tv by 10" made a difference, but it all felt pretty good to me?

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Pre-exploit goal discovery NHL is my favourite.

I'll upload the clip of Marvie missing the empty net shortly.

That was a really good run. Hard to say if we were playing bad teams or or of they improved the game or if me upgrading my internet to 150 and my tv by 10" made a difference, but it all felt pretty good to me?
Bit of both. The teams were awful, but we've all played together so much, it came pretty natural.

Marvie_3

Banned
Bit of both. The teams were awful, but we've all played together so much, it came pretty natural.
First team was trash. 2nd team was decent though. We just did a great job of shutting them down. 3rd team wasnt that good but we had zero puck luck that game.

Cake Boss

Banned
Cool videos Marvie, I shall join this club this year.

friendship ended with old club

now gaf club is my friend.

I noticed your guy's play is a lot less random and less predictable than my old club and that you don't try to force things as much. That's something I need to get used to a bit, and take less penalties :{

Marvie_3

Banned
Cool videos Marvie, I shall join this club this year.

friendship ended with old club

now gaf club is my friend.

I noticed your guy's play is a lot less random and less predictable than my old club and that you don't try to force things as much. That's something I need to get used to a bit, and take less penalties :{
......are you sure youre talking about this club?

Either way, welcome aboard. It's looking like we'll have more players this year and my work schedule isnt as stupid so we'll have a lot more active club going forward.

Marvie_3

Banned
I mentioned it to a couple people already but if anyone has any suggestions on a club name, jersey colors, thread ideas, etc for the 18 club just let me know.

Cake Boss

Banned
Hmmm you need some corny ass names? That's my speciality!!

So the last 2 names have been Neogaf dot Horses and NeoGAF LIVE CHEL REPEAT?

🤔

NeoGAF Double Posters
NeoGAF ...

I got nothing 😔

Marvie_3

Banned
Hmmm you need some corny ass names? That's my speciality!!

So the last 2 names have been Neogaf dot Horses and NeoGAF LIVE CHEL REPEAT?

🤔

NeoGAF Double Posters
NeoGAF ...

I got nothing 😔
That was that.....other.....""""club""""....led by that doodyhead Viz.

Dot Horses was just a joke name that we were too lazy to change. :lol

I mentioned it to a couple people already but if anyone has any suggestions on a club name, jersey colors, thread ideas, etc for the 18 club just let me know.
The Neo Gaffes?

I'm happy to take a stab at jersey design if no one else want to. Used to love doing so in the past. Would experiment with Gaf colours or something with some cream and green on it.

Or maybe we switch it up monthly?

Marvie_3

Banned
The Neo Gaffes?

I'm happy to take a stab at jersey design if no one else want to. Used to love doing so in the past. Would experiment with Gaf colours or something with some cream and green on it.
We can all post mock ups and go from there. We dont have to use the GAF colors or anything either. We used the HPK (SM-Liiga) jerseys for the first 2 years of EASHL.

0wBbCK0.jpg

After that, none of the GAF clubs ever had a consistent color scheme.

Or maybe we switch it up monthly?
Thats what we used to do. Every month or so we'd change jersey colors and style just to mix it up.

Im fine if we want to keep a consistent color scheme going or change it up now and then. Im cool with either.

Marvie_3

Banned
Alright, here's a bunch I whipped up. These aren't final jerseys or anything, just ideas for color combos. Like I said, I'm cool with new colors for this year and changing it up every so often if we want, and I'm cool with just sticking with the colors we used last season. The colors on some of these don't show up quite the way I had them but you get the Idea. I didn't really mess with logos/gloves because it was too time consuming.

An updated version of last year's jerseys:

New colors/concepts:

A.

B.

C.

D.

E.

F.

G.

H.

I.

J.

K.

L.

M.

N.

O.

P.

Q.

R.

S.

T.

U.

V.

W.

X.

Y.

Cake Boss

Banned
Good job on those jerseys, I honestly don't mind all of them, favorites are E,S, and Y. Also the updated ver of last year's too 👌

More stupid names to consider.

NeoGAF Straight Outta Off-Topic Community
Or NeoGAF Straight Outta Community
NeoGAF THICC BOYS
NeoGAF Bots N Alts
NeoGAf Salt-N-Checkas
NeoGAF cucks n pucks
NeoGAF Boring 1-3-1
NeoGAF Shitposters & Coasters
NeoGAF The Emoji Club

Marvie_3

Banned
Good job on those jerseys, I honestly don't mind all of them, favorites are E,S, and Y. Also the updated ver of last year's too 👌

More stupid names to consider.

NeoGAF Straight Outta Off-Topic Community
Or NeoGAF Straight Outta Community
NeoGAF THICC BOYS
NeoGAF Bots N Alts
NeoGAf Salt-N-Checkas
NeoGAF cucks n pucks
NeoGAF Boring 1-3-1
NeoGAF Shitposters & Coasters
NeoGAF The Emoji Club
:lol

Not gonna ask where you came up with some of those. :lol

Good job on the jerseys, yeah!

C (with different pant colour?)
Q
W
...are my favourites, but I'd be happy to play in any of these jerseys that doesn't focus on Maple Leafs blue. One vote for going with a more cream than straight up white variant for the away version, though! Always dug the vintage and simple look of the Hershey Bears: http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-vJ5PsxRNS.../Ybsxc1KnswQ/s1600/HersheyBears_JustinCox.png

Other team name suggestions:
NeoGaf Banhammers
NeoGaf Suicide Passes
NeoGaf Dump And Space
NeoGaf Slap Stick Comedy
NeoGaf Man Downs
NeoGaf Cankle Breakers
NeoGaf Oduya, Punk?
NeoGaf Poke-Czechs
NeoGaf Odd Man Crush
NeoGaf Cum From Behinds (okay, not really)

Marvie_3

Banned
Good job on the jerseys, yeah!

C (with different pant colour?)
Q
W
...are my favourites, but I'd be happy to play in any of these jerseys that doesn't focus on Maple Leafs blue. One vote for going with a more cream than straight up white variant for the away version, though! Always dug the vintage and simple look of the Hershey Bears: http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-vJ5PsxRNS.../Ybsxc1KnswQ/s1600/HersheyBears_JustinCox.png
Its actually Rangers blue. 😐

Other team name suggestions:

NeoGaf Banhammers
That was the GAF club name for NHL 10. :lol

I like the last one 🤣
i liked the first one thats why i put it first 😭

Cake Boss

Banned
Ebgames is doing a get 2x trade value for PS4 remotes, tempted to get a new X1 remote.

Must not fuck it up before NHL 18 even hits tho.

I'll be interested in a NHL 17 club, we can use it to get use to each other's play.

Marvie_3

Banned
Ebgames is doing a get 2x trade value for PS4 remotes, tempted to get a new X1 remote.

Must not fuck it up before NHL 18 even hits tho.

I'll be interested in a NHL 17 club, we can use it to get use to each other's play.
Alright. I'll set up a temporary club and hopefully we can get some games in this weekend to start.

I think I might sit out the NHL 17 games. Was really enjoying 18 and originally wasn't planning to get it, but that turned me around. Just wanted to make sure I don't burn myself out on hockey games before the new one actually drops.

But here's useful info for you all on how I play:
- I'm usually a left winger, because right wing is always taken, who tries to set up on the right side for one timers maybe more than I should
- I'll get concussed at least once a game
- When I shoot I tend to shoot for rebounds, but it seems like most people aren't expecting them, so maybe I look like a selfish shooter

Marvie_3

Banned
I think I might sit out the NHL 17 games. Was really enjoying 18 and originally wasn't planning to get it, but that turned me around. Just wanted to make sure I don't burn myself out on hockey games before the new one actually drops.
Its not like we're going to play 100 games between now and then but getting some warm up runs wouldn't be a bad idea.

But here's useful info for you all on how I play:
- I'm usually a left winger, because right wing is always taken, who tries to set up on the right side for one timers maybe more than I should
If you want RW, just say something. :p

I know Legit, Jam, and I can play any forward spot. Its not a big deal to shuffle around if we need to. I usually end up at center because its where Ive played the most for years and it fits my play style better but Im fine on either wing. Not sure where Cake prefers to play.

Schuey plays D so he doesnt have to skate as much. Lol old people amirite?

- I'll get concussed at least once a game
This is so true.

- When I shoot I tend to shoot for rebounds, but it seems like most people aren't expecting them, so maybe I look like a selfish shooter
If you've got enough time, try to let the other forwards know so somebody can get in position. We need to get better on the mics going forward so we know what everybody is doing

Marvie_3

Banned
I prefer RW or LW, or Defense.

I don't mind center but I sometimes get killed on faceoffs so I try to avoid center.
It happens to everyone that plays center. With the shitty pvp connections it can be impossible to lock down the timing some games. Also helps you some games because you can completely dominate the dot at times too.

Top Bottom