• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL April |OT| The End

Status
Not open for further replies.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Stupid canadians.

Maybe if you didn't waste your timeouts on poutine breaks you would be

Legit sucks.
2RM1U.gif

I feel like you're neglecting your goats by posting Milly.

Cake Boss said:
I didn't know you had a say in the Norris voting.
Seems stupid to me that a D-man who barely plays on the PK is a Norris favourite. Yea he's incredible offensively, but it's a DEFENSIVE position.

In the last 30 seconds.

That wasn't his best game anyways, even though he played the most with 30 minutes.

Karlsson wasn't on the ice in the last 45 seconds. His last shift in regulation ended at 19:14. We barely play him on the PK because there's others who do that.

He played 30 minutes that game .

Mini-rant time: they need another defenseman trophy. The Norris is supposedly for "best defenseman", but it's really not. It's the inverse Selke - best offensive defenseman. Fucking MIKE GREEN was a Norris nominee, lolololololol. There needs to be an award for actual defensive play for guys like Josh Gorges, who don't put up many points but block shots, shut guys down, etc.

Forwards have awards for best offensive and defensive play. So should defense.

This isn't what it is though, and that's why guys like green never won it. I think it is pretty good as best defensemen overall now. But yeah maybe it would be better with two different prices but i'm not sure. The ones I call the best defenders in the world are really good both ways: Lidas, Chara and Weber etc. Making two different prices would open for winners like Green and Gorges before these guys, is that really what we want?

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
This isn't what it is though, and that's why guys like green never won it. I think it is pretty good as best defensemen overall now. But yeah maybe it would be better with two different prices but i'm not sure. The ones I call the best defenders in the world are really good both ways: Lidas, Chara and Weber etc. Making two different prices would open for winners like Green and Gorges before these guys, is that really what we want?
I agree with this, and it's basically my point, Lidstrom, Chara, and Weber would all be on the ice for the last 40 seconds if there was a 4 on 3 in OT. Give it to the best overall player, good for Karlsson for being an offensive beast though.

Cake Boss

Banned
He won't win it this year because there are still some holes defensively he has to fix on 5on5, not because he doesn't play the PK, and I don't think he will ever play the PK in his career when hes already averaging 25 minutes a game.

Seems stupid to me that a D-man who barely plays on the PK is a Norris favourite. Yea he's incredible offensively, but it's a DEFENSIVE position.

He plays 25-30 minutes a night, plays against the best lines of the opposition and is +18.

If he played the PK his icetime would be even more insane. He's more effective 5on5 or the PP, doesn't mean he isn't a defensive player.

Barrage

Great piece on Gagner's eight point game. I didn't see it live, the fact that they gave him First, Second, and Third Star was awesome.

Bad news SabresGAF:

Ruff confirms Myers out tonight; says he is day-to-day after taking shot to the foot last night.

Sabres have recalled defensemen Brayden McNabb and TJ Brennan on an emergency basis from the Rochester Americans (AHL).

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Bad news GAF:

Ruff confirms Myers out tonight; says he is day-to-day after taking shot to the foot last night.

Sabres have recalled defensemen Brayden McNabb and TJ Brennan on an emergency basis from the Rochester Americans (AHL).

You're playing Toronto, I don't think your D is going to get tested in the first place.

Silexx

Greetings from Toronto. (I'm here for the Distant Worlds concert)

Anyways, great win for Sens. This team has always been streaky but if they are doing it now, then we might be able to do some damage in the playoffs

Fei

I feel like the cards are starting to stack up against Buffalo getting in. Boston and Philly are dead to me after being completely useless. Ehrhoff out. Myers out. Since that momentous win against the Caps Tuesday, pretty much everything has gone wrong. Then again, maybe Toronto will help make things right. :)

I feel like the cards are starting to stack up against Buffalo getting in. Boston and Philly are dead to me after being completely useless. Ehrhoff out. Myers out. Since that momentous win against the Caps Tuesday, pretty much everything has gone wrong. Then again, maybe Toronto will help make things right. :)

Maybe I'll learn how to fly later.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
Leafs are completely out of tune with the game of hockey right now

They are fucking up defensive assignments, unable to set up in offensive zone... Actually are usually lucky to maintain possession there

And our goalies are a revolving door of LOL

We now have our marlies goalies as our 1 and 2 (cue the... What's the difference jokes)

Hell we even had a beer leaguer as our backup last game

Merguson

Banned
Speaking of the um.. Leafs..

They signed Sam Carrick to an entry draft contract.

Must be some random American prospect.. wait.. wait.. he's from ONTARIO?

B-b-b-but...

Judderman

drawer by drawer
I want to root for the Rangers and post in this thread, but it would just feel wrong to start so late in the season.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
Speaking of the um.. Leafs..

They signed Sam Carrick to an entry draft contract.

Must be some random American prospect.. wait.. wait.. he's from ONTARIO?

B-b-b-but...

Yeah... Ontario, california

I want to root for the Rangers and post in this thread, but it would just feel wrong to start so late in the season.

We welcome bandwagon jumping at all times of the year :D

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.

You should, you have to replace this guy:

Theyve been exposed. This team is an out and out embarrasment. Fuck them. Seriously I'm done. Count this as an official give up on the season for me. Even if they win the cup I won't even celebrate. Mark it down. I'm done.

Wow. Looks like everything ive been saying all along has been right. I knew they would fuck this up. I knew it. Fuck it. I give up. I'm done with this heart breaking shit for the year. This team is 100% done. From lundqvist all the way down to the top 6 they look like shit. They'll lose on Sunday too. I hope they do to be honest. I hope they somehow miss the playoffs. They'll just get embarrased there anyway. Worthless, gutless, nothings. all of them.

Note that date, that was only 3 weeks ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom