• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL April |OT| The End

Status
Not open for further replies.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
If Buffalo doesn't beat Toronto, they don't deserve to be in the playoffs. As simple as that.

Socreges

Banned
LOLeafs

Ahila.jpg

Erdrick

I... actually want the Leafs to win tonight. I despise them and it sickens me that I am wanting them to win, but only to keep the Sabres within reach of the Jets. C'mon Habs, I need you to get a win tonight too.

Of course, that implies the Jets wont have a 3rd period implosion as they tend to have tonight in Tampa, so... One thing at a time.

Basically, I realistically hope that the Jets can win their last few games of the season and end on a nice note. If they win tonight, they will surpass their point tally from last year in Atlanta, and hey, it's an improvement in that sense, at least.

Tanner Glass is gone for the rest of the year though. Broke his foot taking 2 shots from last night's game in Carolina. Hope he'll be ok soon, as he's been a very self-sacrificing player for us and one of the fan favourites.

Montresor

BJs beating the Blues
bp2u4.gif

I didn't think there was much mystery to it.

I think the mystery is why a team should be laughed at when leading 3-1 going into the third period.

There is no sudden surge of tenacity and will to win for the Leafs after getting mathematically eliminated... Like your image suggested.

Puddles

Banned
Question: when the goalie goes behind the net to get the puck and pass it to a teammate, does a player on the opposing team ever come soaring in to intercept the pass and score on the empty net?

I don't watch a ton of hockey, but I've seen a few hundred games in my time, and I don't think I've ever seen that happen.

Question: when the goalie goes behind the net to get the puck and pass it to a teammate, does a player on the opposing team ever come soaring in to intercept the pass and score on the empty net?

I don't watch a ton of hockey, but I've seen a few hundred games in my time, and I don't think I've ever seen that happen.

It is rare but there have been times a goalie mis-handles the puck and passes it to a forward swooping in. As far as stealing it of the goalies stick... Very very rare .

Quick

Banned
It is rare but there have been times a goalie mis-handles the puck and passes it to a forward swooping in. As far as stealing it of the goalies stick... Very very rare .

The space behind the net is a bit too tight to try and steal without bumping into the goalie, which would result in a penalty. Not worth it, unless you're really feeling lucky.

Amazing play by Hjalmarsson and a nice goal by Kane! Kane has stepped up well since Toews got injured.

Awesome job of the Hawks to kill the penalty and then score... they are playing seriously good hockey right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom