• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL April |OT| The End

Status
Not open for further replies.

Revenant

speaking of looking good I wouldn't mind the WGN feed finding that chick in the hawks jersey again they just showed

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
It is rare but there have been times a goalie mis-handles the puck and passes it to a forward swooping in. As far as stealing it of the goalies stick... Very very rare .

I remember a few years ago, a goalie who came out of his goal to play the puck in front of the goalie tried to deke the forward (as in, he tried to fake a shot but instead held on to it)

... Needless to say, it didn't work and the forward scored. I neither remember the goalie's or the forward's teams or names though, fuck my memory :(

Marvie_3

Banned
i8lN6js4hbV7z.gif

I remember a few years ago, a goalie who came out of his goal to play the puck in front of the goalie tried to deke the forward (as in, he tried to fake a shot but instead held on to it)

... Needless to say, it didn't work and the forward scored. I neither remember the goalie's or the forward's teams or names though, fuck my memory :(
When in doubt, Marty Turco.

Socreges

Banned
I think the mystery is why a team should be laughed at when leading 3-1 going into the third period.
Because now that their success is mostly counter-productive to the organization's needs, they start playing well and no less against a desperate team fighting for the playoffs. Brinbe gets it...

Montresor said:
There is no sudden surge of tenacity and will to win for the Leafs after getting mathematically eliminated... Like your image suggested.
Serious question: do you have Asperger's?

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
Nice to see a game where the Habs actually had more energy in 2nd and 3rd.

Tabris

OMG BRUCE 6-6. It's up to tonight / tomorrow morning. Whoever wins this faces Red Dead Enforcer. I have a secret up my sleeve if I can get past you. Sidney Crosby on my bench!

OMG BRUCE 6-6. It's up to tonight / tomorrow morning. Whoever wins this faces Red Dead Enforcer. I have a secret up my sleeve if I can get past you. Sidney Crosby on my bench!

I've been refreshing the matchup all day... Crazy score. Realistically you probably should have won. I took a look at Crosby's stats this week though. Not sure he would have helped you that much in any of the categories you lost.

Tabris

I've been refreshing the matchup all day... Crazy score. Realistically you probably should have won. I took a look at Crosby's stats this week though. Not sure he would have helped you that much in any of the categories you lost.

I have the goalie stats locked up (unless Jonas Hiller lets in 5 goals tomorrow). I can't believe it but the difference will most likely be blocked shots or +/- haha.

EDIT - I think you got the tie breaker.

Erdrick

STAMKOS WINS IT!!

There comes the 3rd period collapse. Granted, it was a little later, being in OT, but it still happened. I guess taking penalty after penalty in the 3rd is an effective way to do it.

Good game though. I was just thinking how we held Stamkos at bay, and lol... you see the result. Awesome save by Pavelec on his earlier breakaway.

Got a point at least, so hurrah, we improved ever so slightly over last years tally.

Puddles

Banned
Not in the GAF league, but I'm leading my 1st round matchup 12-1.

I'd like to get into the GAF fantasy hockey league next year if there are any open spots.

Also, Clayton Stoner is one of the best names I've ever heard.

Revenant

who was the other? They both backed off when they thought he was shooting.

he was able to turnstyle O'donnell it looked like, the pass was really nice though, definitely set that up. Still, that was the worst possible D man for him to come in on.

Seabs was on the other side.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom