• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL January 2017 |OT| May 2016's reign of terror end with the Wild's sacrificial loss

MITCHY MCDANGLES

futuramafry.jpg

Wingfan19

Unconfirmed Member
Detroit is the worst team in the NHL. By far. I don't care if they're not last in points, they are easily the worst team. They have no D, no game changing forward, and terrible goaltending (until Howard comes back). Dead last on the powerplay, no road power play goals since Oct 19th, their top goal scoring has a whole 10 goals. They can't sustain any offensive pressure and can't make the simplest of passes to start a play. It's amazing at how much skill the Detroit fans took for granted all those years of Yzerman, Fedorov, Shanny, Larionov, etc. They just made everything look so easy and normal, but it's not normal. They were fucking amazing players.

Detroit is the worst team in the NHL. By far. I don't care if they're not last in points, they are easily the worst team. They have no D, no game changing forward, and terrible goaltending (until Howard comes back). Dead last on the powerplay, no road power play goals since Oct 19th, their top goal scoring has a whole 10 goals. They can't sustain any offensive pressure and can't make the simplest of passes to start a play. It's amazing at how much skill the Detroit fans took for granted all those years of Yzerman, Fedorov, Shanny, Larionov, etc. They just made everything look so easy and normal, but it's not normal. They were fucking amazing players.

Larkin's no good this year?

PillarEN

Yeah it's tough when the current team only has one potential Hall of Famer as opposed to a team with 11. What can we do? We were angry with Granato's PP last year but as you pointed out our PP this year is historically bad. I guess it's good that some of the kids get to play? Sort of.

Wingfan19

Unconfirmed Member
Larkin's no good this year?
Larkin has the 10 goals, but only 4 assists and is like -10. He's been pretty average this year. Not getting nearly as many scoring chances as last year. It also doesn't help that Blashill is just the worst fucking coach. He has Larkin playing with "Zero goals" Sheahan and Luke "4th line 4 lfie" Glendening. How is Larkin supposed to score or get chances with those two dragging him down? Blashill will put Larkin on a good line for like a period and if they don't score, he's back on some other weird line. It's driving me crazy. I really hope he's fired before the season is up, he's a terrible coach for the NHL.

Top Bottom