• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL March 2017 |OT| All in

imBask

Banned
What if the league actually took care of dirty hits by suspending players fairly

🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔

Curufinwe

Shawn Thornton with the truth bombs on Emelin and the league.

SwmChcC.jpg

Also applies to Kronwall.

ShaneB

Shawn Thornton with the truth bombs on Emelin and the league.

SwmChcC.jpg

This logic continues to baffle me.

So it's ok to head hunt and take cheap shots as long as you stand up for yourself? aka fight?

How about you drop those "truth bombs" on the laughable discipline the NHL hands out?

Solo

5 games left, playoffs clinched, division pretty much on lock, Rads/Patches finally coming alive, 2nd line racking up points last night.....now's the time to do something to get AGally going. They have 5 games to tinker and play around, relatively risk-free, and he's buried out there at 3rd line wing. I hope CJ addresses this in this 5 games, gives him more ice time, puts him at centre, whatever, anything. He is a guy that desperately needs to get going if the Habs want to have any kind of playoff success.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
Rumour mill is saying Zaitsev is gonna get a 7x4.5 extension. I would be very OK with that.

He's played the third toughest minutes in the league, has positive CF and FF as a rookie

Though his +/- is poo (probably an effect of playing those tough minutes), he has still played awesome.

imBask

Banned
The piece of shit empty arena in Quebec City supposedly lost 5.2 Million in 2016

Fuck Quebec City

Meanwhile in Montreal we're waiting for the confirmation to get a baseball team BEFORE building a stadium, you know, the logical thing to do

Reckheim

The piece of shit empty arena in Quebec City supposedly lost 5.2 Million in 2016

Fuck Quebec City

Meanwhile in Montreal we're waiting for the confirmation to get a baseball team BEFORE building a stadium, you know, the logical thing to do

I don't know much about this as I didn't follow up, but are you telling me that they spend tax money to build the arena based on the assumption that 'if you build it they will come' ideology.

I thought it was privately owned.

imBask

Banned
I don't know much about this as I didn't follow up, but are you telling me that they spend tax money to build the arena based on the assumption that 'if you build it they will come' ideology.

I thought it was privately owned.

Quebec gave them 200M IIRC, and they had to pass a shady ass special law to do so

and they built it on the basis of "hockey will come, and even if it doesn't we'll have plenty of shows to make money!"... in a 500k dumpsterfire village...

EDIT: make that 370M from Quebec and Quebec City, 30M from Quebecor (private)

yyzjohn

Banned
5 games left, playoffs clinched, division pretty much on lock, Rads/Patches finally coming alive, 2nd line racking up points last night.....now's the time to do something to get AGally going. They have 5 games to tinker and play around, relatively risk-free, and he's buried out there at 3rd line wing. I hope CJ addresses this in this 5 games, gives him more ice time, puts him at centre, whatever, anything. He is a guy that desperately needs to get going if the Habs want to have any kind of playoff success.

Julien is now known as CJ? Interesting.

calder

Quebec gave them 200M IIRC, and they had to pass a shady ass special law to do so

and they built it on the basis of "hockey will come, and even if it doesn't we'll have plenty of shows to make money!"... in a 500k dumpsterfire village...

EDIT: make that 370M from Quebec and Quebec City, 30M from Quebecor (private)

While all this is probably true I will still laugh when the Ouragans eliminate the Habs in first round of the 2019 playoffs.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Ryan McDonagh is out tonight against the Penguins. Hell is the top two D pairings we're going to be rolling out against the Pens:

Staal-Klein
Holden-Girardi

Skjei-Smith

Just wow.

Also mildly surprised we missed out on Vecchione. Jeff Gorton usually gets what he wants when it comes to college free agents. Not this time, I guess.

Marvie_3

Banned
What if the league actually took care of dirty hits by suspending players fairly

🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔
Can we get rid of the bullshit instigator penalty too?

Fuck Quebec City

5.2 mil isnt really a big deal for an arena. A few events would cover that easily.

Quebec needed a new arena anyway so it was logical. You cant keep putting band aids on a garbage dump forever.

PillarEN

I meant millions holy shit lol

They owe 6M+ in taxes, loan etc per year, they made 1M-ish last year BECAUSE THE FUCKING THING IS EMPTY

Ouch. They thought they really had a chance there, eh? Did Kansas City build a hockey arena or was that only planned? Talking about the Penguins time of uncertainty time wise.

Socreges

Banned
Butcher is also a Hobey Baker award finalist. Maybe things won't be such a shitshow one day, maybe...
Hardly merits such optimism...

Adam Gaudette is having a great year, too. Played with 2 good linemates, but he's just 20 and top 10 in scoring so I'll take it.

Yeah, he's two months older than his buddy Ghost.

Foo isn't signing till the summer.
NHL.com is drooling at the potential puns.

Socreges

Banned
So we discovered a couple weeks ago that my cousin has hydrocephalus. He immediately went in for surgery, which was successful initially. He had a shunt going from his brain and putting the extra fluid into his stomach. But apparently that failed today and he had to go back into surgery. Apparently this is very bad, but I really don't know. Getting info from his sister and don't want to pester her.

Such a good dude. We were so happy for him that he had been feeling shitty for ages and had it diagnosed and corrected and was feeling much better. He doesn't deserve this. :/

Grateful to be in good health. Knock on wood.

yyzjohn

Banned
So we discovered a couple weeks ago that my cousin has hydrocephalus. He immediately went in for surgery, which was successful initially. He had a shunt going from his brain and putting the extra fluid into his stomach. But apparently that failed today and he had to go back into surgery. Apparently this is very bad, but I really don't know. Getting info from his sister and don't want to pester her.

Such a good dude. We were so happy for him that he had been feeling shitty for ages and had it diagnosed and corrected and was feeling much better. He doesn't deserve this. :/

Grateful to be in good health. Knock on wood.

Damn that sucks, hoping for a positive outcome for him.

Socreges

Banned
All the best Soc

Not being able to do anything is the worst :(
I feel sorry for his sister. They were both adopted. Adoptive father then died when they were kids. Raised by a single mom. Bonded and became very close. Moved to Vancouver together several years ago. Mom is still out East and stressing.

We're heading over to Van this weekend but may not see them as things are so intense.

Top Bottom