• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL October 2017 [OT]- Kneelin' and dealin'

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Rodin clears waivers, off to Utica

Will be interesting to see what happens with Juolevi. Hopefully he goes to Sweden.

Think about it this way. The Habs selected William Bitten in the 3rd round, instead of Mete. The fact that he fell to the 4th round is a condemnation of all teams.
I know Matthews went to play in the international rinks but would that benefit Juolevi? I guess another year of Jr would be a waste though.

Ondor

Banned
I know Matthews went to play in the international rinks but would that benefit Juolevi? I guess another year of Jr would be a waste though.
The best thing for Juolevi is to send him to Finland to play against adults and be mentored by Sami Salo. I hope London doesn't get selfish and try to keep him in the O for another year.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Wait wtf? Our Fantasy League is autodraft?

That's weak.

I just got my team in, scrambled to find where to go for the draft, and realized it was auto. I hadn't touched my rankings. Damn, guess I'm out this year

Looks like Entropia is rescheduling the draft since it wasn't supposed to be auto...

I set my fucking phone alarm and everything.

wait whaaaat I was getting ready and all!

Smiley90

I'm ok with this since I had completely lost track of time and didn't have any alarm to notify me when the draft was starting.

It was scheduled to start in an hour though...

so wait what's the deal now?

iLLmAtlc

I think you can change the draft settings upto the draft room actually opening (like 30 minutes before the draft time). It may not be too late!

Entropia

No One Remembers
Hey guys! Super sorry about the draft. I did not realize that it was auto pick by default. Pretty lame.

It's now a live draft for 4PM EST Today (roughly 35 minutes from now)

Smiley90

Hey guys! Super sorry about the draft. I did not realize that it was auto pick by default. Pretty lame.

It was scheduled for 1030am PDT according to Entropia and after he realized it was auto he switched it to Live and at 100pm PDT.

... for real? shit i would've slept right through that LOL

Smiley90

-enters live draft-

-sees drafting last-

well fuck me, typical Canucks fan gets shafted in the draft lottery

yyzjohn

Banned

Sounds like some Lou shenanigans going on here with full cap circumvention and screwing of other teams.

Cactus

Banned
I'll never understand gaf OT. Almost every thread I browse ends in a circle-jerk of outrage, yet something really disturbing like dried semen being found on flutes used by kids produces pages upon pages of jokes.

Smiley90

170 picks in, no Canucks player picked yet

Multiple VGK and Avs

clearly, we're finishing last

Cake Boss

Banned
Chabotsson sent down?

And he got -5?

Wow he's really following into Norrisson footsteps, I wonder if he can beat his rookie season +/- stat.

Socreges

Banned
Mostly happy....

C S. Crosby Pit - C
C J. Toews Chi - C
LW M. Hoffman Ott - LW,RW
LW R. Rakell Anh - C,LW
RW B. Wheeler Wpg - RW
RW J. Miller NYR - LW,RW
D D. Byfuglien Wpg - D
D R. Ristolainen Buf - D
D C. Parayko StL - D
D S. Theodore VGK - D
G C. Talbot Edm - G
G M. Smith Cgy - G
BN M. Zibanejad NYR - C
BN A. Larsson Edm - D
BN N. Hischier NJ - C
BN A. Lee NYI - LW

Smiley90

Mostly happy....

C S. Crosby Pit - C
C J. Toews Chi - C
LW M. Hoffman Ott - LW,RW
LW R. Rakell Anh - C,LW
RW B. Wheeler Wpg - RW
RW J. Miller NYR - LW,RW
D D. Byfuglien Wpg - D
D R. Ristolainen Buf - D
D C. Parayko StL - D
D S. Theodore VGK - D
G C. Talbot Edm - G
G M. Smith Cgy - G
BN M. Zibanejad NYR - C
BN A. Larsson Edm - D
BN N. Hischier NJ - C
BN A. Lee NYI - LW

C N. Backstrom Was - C
C A. Kopitar LA - C
LW M. Tkachuk Cgy - LW
LW J. Schwartz StL - LW
RW T.J. Oshie Was - RW
RW T. Toffoli LA - C,RW
D M. Giordano Cgy - D
D J. Schultz Pit - D
D M. Dumba Min - D
D R. Gudas Phi - D
G B. Holtby Was - D
G J. Gibson Anh - D
BN D. Stepan Ari - C
BN P. Sharp Chi - LW,RW
BN N. Holden NYR - D
BN D. Backes Bos - RW

I may have drafted too many Caps players...

I got Tyson Barrie in my Fantasy Draft.

FUCK

LOL I thought you were Cakeboss! Soc can thank you for picking Ovi 2nd overall and you giving him Crosby :lol

Cube

Flyers twitter is freaking out about Lindblom not making it. I trust Hexy but this hyper conservative approach is hard to swallow sometimes.

PillarEN

How much more effort is NHL fantasy over NFL fantasy? Like how does it work since there isn't a "week" format where every team plays an equal amount of games in one week. I like that in NFL fantasy I need to put in minimal effort so it stays fun and not feel like work.

Smiley90

Hey Entropia, do you mind explaining again what exactly the league rules are?

So since it's head to head, you wanna maximize the number of games played by your players each week essentially, correct? There's no "limit" of GP the same way Roto has? Only a limit of benching/lineup changes each week? And then a limit of roster pickups/drops each week and/or for the whole season? Just a bit confused since I've never done H2H

Bigras and Mironov have made the team. I'm happy about this, Sakic could've wussed out and kept Cowen around and forced Warsofsky into the lineup but he's now on waivers too. Went from no defense depth to steering clear of washed up veteran plugs in favor of youth and inexperience. Zanon, Beauchemin, Wiercioch and Tyutin no where to be found.

Edit: also soderberg is starting the season scratched I'm so fucking happy

With 24 weeks in the season and a maximum of 3 acquisitions per week, a max of 20 for the whole season seems pretty low. Can we raise that max to, say, 50 or 60?

eyeless

viXv3by.gif

PillarEN

Hey, doesn't Domi play in the state Auston Matthews was born in🤔

He should ask for a trade. Much too close to the boarder of the country that only sends their worst to the US.

Tie Domi was on that list of players/ex-players who had pro Trump tweets if I remember. Like father, like son in this case.

I blame Tie's eyebrows.

Top Bottom