• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2014 |OT2| - Dan Cleary

So one of my friends just came out.

I'm not sure what to say. I support him and everything, but this is unfamiliar territory for me and I don't want to sound like an insensitive idiot.

I should also mention that he said this in our WhatsApp group and it's most definitely not a joke or anything.

What you should respond to on the group chat, or what you should say in general?

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.

I'm not sure what to say. I support him and everything, but this is unfamiliar territory for me and I don't want to sound like an insensitive idiot.

I should also mention that he said this in our WhatsApp group and it's most definitely not a joke or anything.

just tell him "congratz, how's work". It's not like he's suddenly a different person.

My high school friend came out to me in our first week of university together, and I said the stupidest thing (nothing homophobic, it was just really just an insensitive response). I was pretty ignorant back then. We continued to be close friends but I still regret that moment today. He must have been hoping for something positive, and I didn't give him that, because I wasn't thinking clearly. :(

I wrote a little bit more but deleted it - but I'm guessing the response you gave him was what I was addressing (I don't know exactly what you said to your friend). I was going to say that some people (due to ignorance or other) react by saying stuff like "oh thats not a big deal" (re: coming out) with the line of thinking of "if I treat it like its not a big deal, maybe it'll get across the idea that it's not a big deal in general that homosexuality is a thing". zroid - I'm sure your buddy doesn't hold it against you, and if you still do think about it, if you still hang out and you're talking/getting beers/whatever, maybe mention that you wish you could take back how you reacted and showed more support. At least that is how I would probably react in the situation, even if it's years after the fact. But sometimes I talk too much and bring up shit that no one is even thinking about (though it has worked ok so far for me I guess)

just tell him "congratz, how's work". It's not like he's suddenly a different person.

I agree with you that people shouldn't be treated differently because they're gay, but the act of coming out is not something that is necessarily an easy one. I guess it all depends on how you guys all communicate with each other.. but as zroid was saying above, it definitely doesn't hurt to show some support for their decision to come out

Just don't be awkward. Just let him know nothing has changed, you are still his friend and you'll support him if he needs it.

Silexx

2682305-9949930097-vfxlJ.jpg

Know what? Time to just own this thing.

Heretic

Here you go dudes (mainly Pickles)

Start of the trailhead

Only bear sighting

Taking a break at Franklin Lake

Franklin Lake

Top of Franklin Pass

Top of Franklin Pass Pt. 2

In the valley close to campsite #1

Forrester Lake (Campsite #1) Day 1 total: 10 miles with 13,200 feet at highest elevation.

Start of Day #2

Lost Canyon (Campsite #2) Total: 8 miles

Day #3, need to get to the top of Sawtooth Pass in the distance.

Getting closer...

Almost there, view from where we came from.

Columbine Lake, right below the pass

At the top, can see the car in the distance!

View every night

Total mileage = 28 miles over 3 days.

awesome stuff! I need to go camping again...

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
In my NHL 15 be a pro season, Markov got injured so they moved Desharnais to defense.

They got Therrien right at least.

Heretic

Funerals are tough, they really are the beginning of trying to move forward. The hardest part is seeing the immediate family, even though you are affected by the loss too it's hard to imagine what they are going through. (At least for me anyways).

You have Density on PS4 right?

Add Crazed, Schuey, Dopey and I for the raid!

Gorgeous pictures man, looks like it was a great time. I'd probably appreciate it more if I weren't melting to the floor of my apartment.

I really, really need to do more hiking up north. Nor Cal, Oregon, Washington, and BC all have a ton of things I want to check out. Just seems like there's never enough time and I'm always pulled into the cities.

Smiley90

I nearly made my supervisor cry today

Grad school is fun you guys

they weren't tears of joy

DSP DSP DSP DSP DSP DSP

All RFAs signed, all positional holes filled, best prospect pool in the NHL built, and the stars are healthy! Let the season begin.

10635942_10152493159648472_8046336350032673323_n.jpg

Flyers-Caps rookie game can be watched here. No commentary.

http://www.csnphilly.com/video_content_type/capitals-flyers-rookie-game

WOO! GO NATHAN WALKER!

Total mileage = 28 miles over 3 days.

Dayam Giggzy, your nature is pretty.

Thanks guys. NHL-GAF comes through again.

Give him a big hug from me willya.

"Hey, this is from some guy on the internet"

Know what? Time to just own this thing.

yessss

I nearly made my supervisor cry today

Grad school is fun you guys

they weren't tears of joy

I'd cry too if I had to deal with your racist tirades every day.

What was it about this time, the Jewish conspiracy or the Hispanics taking your jobs?

Smiley90

Close, but I'm actually gonna have to ask for help from two people tomorrow: one Hispanic and one a Commie

Acid08

Banned
My physics teacher this semester is Russian. Thick ass accent and everything. For my final project I'll just hand her a printed out Don Quick rant.

I'm using the term from when it was popular on SomethingAwful back in 2004, to just generally mean a horrible person.

I had no idea Tumblr hijacked it.

I thought buttertroll was the primary insult used for obese people?

Smiley90

I'm using the term from when it was popular on SomethingAwful back in 2004, to just generally mean a horrible person.

I had no idea Tumblr hijacked it.

I thought buttertroll was the primary insult used for obese people?

Nono you misunderstand.

I think shitlord is the "insult" used BY fat people to attack others. Who think their obesity is unhealthy.

Yeah I don't get tumblr either.

Giggzy

It's nice up there.

I remember being young and going up there a lot with my dad. We spent a lot of time up in that area before he got old.

Amazing pics giggsy.

I was lucky enough to visit the sierra nevadas. Went to à trip with some people that led us up in complete darkness, and when we woke up and opened the tents the view was so beautiful. Your pics really reminded me of it, made My day, Thanks!

awesome stuff! I need to go camping again...

Gorgeous pictures man, looks like it was a great time. I'd probably appreciate it more if I weren't melting to the floor of my apartment.

I really, really need to do more hiking up north. Nor Cal, Oregon, Washington, and BC all have a ton of things I want to check out. Just seems like there's never enough time and I'm always pulled into the cities.

I'm a little late, but these are incredible photos. Thanks for sharing!

Dayam Giggzy, your nature is pretty.

Thanks guys, glad you enjoyed them!

Also, I will NOT be moving to Austin anymore. The engineers I work with love me too much here in Newport, so they decided to give me the same raise and keep me here. :)

Calamari41

41 > 38
Thanks guys, glad you enjoyed them!

Also, I will NOT be moving to Austin anymore. The engineers I work with love me too much here in Newport, so they decided to give me the same raise and keep me here. :)

Mah man! Does that mean you're going to upgrade from Riverside and get a place by the coast?

Giggzy

Mah man! Does that mean you're going to upgrade from Riverside and get a place by the coast?

I actually will be signing a lease real soon for an apartment right by Old Towne, Orange!

I go to Cal State Fullerton, so I wanted something in between work and school, and of course right by the Honda Center :)

Calamari41

41 > 38
I actually will be signing a lease real soon for an apartment right by Old Towne, Orange!

I go to Cal State Fullerton, so I wanted something in between work and school, and of course right by the Honda Center :)

That's awesome, what a great spot. Hotter than the depths of hell right now, though.

iLLmAtlc

So guys I decided to buy Simpsons season 6 (amazon.ca selling it for $11) due to the sheer number of memorable episodes.

* Bart breaks leg after family buys pool
* Sideshow Bob rigs election ("you can't handle the truth!")
* Halloween special with the Shinning parody
* hockey episode
* stonecutters episode
* bart's comet
* film festival episode w/ football to groin
* lisa's wedding
* teacher strike
* lemon tree
* who shot mr burns part 1

and many more that you might have found memorable but i didnt list (bart's girlfriend, bart vs australia, itchy and scratchy land)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Simpsons_(season_6)#Episodes

Samyy

I can't believe people still get excited for Square Enix JRPGs
Like come on, even Bravely Default was just okay.

They havent released a good JRPG in like 8-9 years now?

Smiley90

shut up, my 120h of The Last Remnant disagree with you

shadowkat

Unconfirmed Member

I'm still excited for XV, though I'm not sure it will be that good.

I liked XIII, despite all the hate it gets.

And The World Ends With You was pretty good.

Shit yeah boys and kat. TLOU Remastered just picked up after I traded in all my Xbox 360 games that weren't appropriate for my 9yo brother to receive.

... Which was basically just Lego Lord of the Rings and Rayman Origins.

http://youtu.be/KpcmfjFN8OI

http://youtu.be/KpcmfjFN8OI

Yeah I don't get tumblr either.

Same. And I don't want to either.

So guys I decided to buy Simpsons season 6

Lisa on Ice. My favourite episode, bar the obvious hockey theme, it's a back-to-back joke palooza.

Marvie_3

Banned
So guys I decided to buy Simpsons season 6 (amazon.ca selling it for $11) due to the sheer number of memorable episodes.

* Bart breaks leg after family buys pool
* Sideshow Bob rigs election ("you can't handle the truth!")
* Halloween special with the Shinning parody
* hockey episode
* stonecutters episode
* bart's comet
* film festival episode w/ football to groin
* lisa's wedding
* teacher strike
* lemon tree
* who shot mr burns part 1

and many more that you might have found memorable but i didnt list (bart's girlfriend, bart vs australia, itchy and scratchy land)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Simpsons_(season_6)#Episodes
I would love this episode way more if it weren't for the shitty and completely unnecessary crossover. The episode itself is great and would still work perfectly without jay in it.

For dstrdl:
iOzBHsrEUgn6U.gif

zroid

Banned

Dragon Quest games are still good I guess. Too bad they don't get localized anymore.

Top Bottom