• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2015 |OT2| What are the Odds of Hockey in Vegas?

So among the 2015 draft class, who have survived thus far? O know McDavid, Eichel, Strome, and Hanifin are still in. Are they the only ones?

The defenseman Phaneuf ran over tonight, Brendan Guhle, was Buffalo's 2nd round pick this year. He could get some regular season games in. He's impressed Bylsma enough to get in more pre-season games than he was scheduled for, and Buffalo has like 5 defensemen injured right now. Though Guhle might be added to that injured list after tonight.

Pikma

Banned
Niemi not looking good?
He was responsible for one of the goals, he had a decent 1st period though.

But he still looks waaaaaaay better than Lehtonen, he'll definitely be our starter, not even Ruff's stubornness can save Lehtonen this time around.

Pikma

Banned
meh, both Niemi and Lethonen are okay I guess, it could be worst really
q0FPHYh.gif

You have no idea what you're talking about, especially regarding Lehtonen, the Stars have allowed 3 or more goals in all of their preseason games and believe me, that's not an anomaly.

Unless that by "it could be worse" you mean "at least you're not the Coyotes", then yeah, I guess you're right, but those are not the expectations set for this team.

Yawnier

Banned
How did Lehtonen get so bad so quickly? I feel like it was just 2 seasons ago when stars fans were raving about how scary good of a goalie he is.

Socreges

Banned
Vent:

Spent the weekend with my family. Was very good but my parents can be exhausting. Especially my mom, who after I travelled home proceeded to spam text me with stuff that wasn't important. She then wanted to talk on the phone about something unimportant and I resisted. Tonight I said we could speak tomorrow so she says "Great. I can tell you the good news about your father's [illness]." How fucking manipulative.

/vent

Foggy

Lol Manson just kicked the shit out of Lucic, he's bleeding out in the penalty box

HOT DAMN!

Also, the Saad-Johansen-Foligno line has accounted for 6-8-14 through 2 games. 1 of those games being tonight against Pekka Rinne and most of Nashville's starters. Good stuff.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
That Lehtonen gif reminds me we never did have a gif in here that I can recall of just how Stepan managed to score his game winner on Cory Schneider the other night.

lMkN0NB.gif

There, problem solved.

Tabris

McCann better make our lineup.

If we are in partial rebuilding mode waiting for free agency next season, then give him some NHL experience.

I want the following rookies / prospects / young players:

McCann, Baertschi, Virtanen (yes I know he's struggled a couple times but give him NHL time to grow), Horvat

Looks like Jensen is a bust. Gaunce maybe needs 1 more year.

Socreges

Banned
McCann better make our lineup.

If we are in partial rebuilding mode waiting for free agency next season, then give him some NHL experience.

I want the following rookies / prospects / young players:

McCann, Baertschi, Virtanen (yes I know he's struggled a couple times but give him NHL time to grow), Horvat

Looks like Jensen is a bust. Gaunce maybe needs 1 more year.
Baertschi is on a one-way so he isn't going anywhere for better or worse. McCann won't develop as well with the Canucks playing limited time on the wing so don't expect him to stick around for long.

iLLmAtlc

Vent:

Spent the weekend with my family. Was very good but my parents can be exhausting. Especially my mom, who after I travelled home proceeded to spam text me with stuff that wasn't important. She then wanted to talk on the phone about something unimportant and I resisted. Tonight I said we could speak tomorrow so she says "Great. I can tell you the good news about your father's [illness]." How fucking manipulative.

/vent

That's whack. Makes me appreciate my ma more, she's way more of a straight shooter and wouldn't pull shit like that.

Also hoping to see some lucic gifs and vids

Quick

Banned
Vent:

/vent

I feel the frustration. That's family for you, though. They can be manipulative as hell, but at the end of the day, you end up taking the bait anyway.

Tabris

Baertschi is on a one-way so he isn't going anywhere for better or worse. McCann won't develop as well with the Canucks playing limited time on the wing so don't expect him to stick around for long.

Then we should trade away whoever is interfering with McCann being played.

We are doing a bad job on the semi-rebuild / the refresh process that teams like CGY did successfully.

The only veteran players that should be untouchable are Sedins. They should retire Canucks.

Socreges

Banned
That's whack. Makes me appreciate my ma more, she's way more of a straight shooter and wouldn't pull shit like that.

Also hoping to see some lucic gifs and vids
I'm jealous.

I feel the frustration. That's family for you, though. They can be manipulative as hell, but at the end of the day, you end up taking the bait anyway.
Only reason I didn't this time is because I'm legit excited about my dad getting good news. I'll be patient and find out tomorrow.

And yeah, good thing is that her craziness has kept my siblings and I bonded. Mutual challenges.

Socreges

Banned
Then we should trade away whoever is interfering with McCann being played.

We are doing a hard job on the semi-rebuild / the refresh process that teams like CGY did successfully.
Ok, Tabris

Henrik Sedin
Brandon Sutter (recently traded and signed)
Bo Horvat

Who do you trade?

Who knows, maybe they'll decide he can play 12 minutes each night on the wing. I'd be good with that to test but I doubt they see that as a permanent option.

Tabris

Brandon Sutter is an overpriced 4th line player on this team. McCann should slot in as our 3rd line centre the same as Horvat last year.

Let's run 3 skilled lines with a couple grinders on each line (Burrows, Hansen, Higgins). Then 4th line can bang.

I want to see something like:

Sedin Sedin Virtanen
Burrows Horvat Vrbata
Higgins McCann Hansen
Prust Sutter Dorsett/Kenins

Fuck Vey.

Calamari41

41 > 38
Holy shit the Staples Center staff is replacing a broken section of plexiglass with some kind of opaque monstrosity.

Edit:

All I can do is take a shitty picture of my TV but you get the idea here

14435877915881545729412_zpsoggmddxt.jpg

Shit organization.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
these conservative commercials make me puke

JUSTIN IS BAD AT ECONOMY
HE'S JUST NOT READY

BELIEVE IN HARPER, HE CAN HANDLE ECONOMIES, AS PROVEN BY US BEING IN A RECESSION FOR THE SECOND TIME

.. wait

Tabris

If Harper wins, I'll have lost faith in Canada a bit and will consider moving countries if I can convince girlfriend and best friend to move.

I love Vancouver, but I also loved Tokyo and I bet I would love Stockholm.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Wingels you pussy. If you slash someone multiple times,be ready to drop the gloves already

Socreges

Banned
Brandon Sutter is an overpriced 4th line player on this team. McCann should slot in as our 3rd line centre the same as Horvat last year.

Let's run 3 skilled lines with a couple grinders on each line (Burrows, Hansen, Higgins). Then 4th line can bang.

I want to see something like:

Sedin Sedin Virtanen
Burrows Horvat Vrbata
Higgins McCann Hansen
Prust Sutter Dorsett/Kenins

Fuck Vey.
We haven't seen enough of McCann. But few people would disagree about Sutter.

If Harper wins, I'll have lost faith in Canada a bit and will consider moving countries if I can convince girlfriend and best friend to move.

I love Vancouver, but I also loved Tokyo and I bet I would love Stockholm.
Stockholm is pretty rural, though.

My favourite part of elections are the 'If X wins, I'M MOVING TO [usually a country with a very similar political situation to Canada/USA]!!!' posts.

iLLmAtlc

Holy shit the Staples Center staff is replacing a broken section of plexiglass with some kind of opaque monstrosity.

Edit:

All I can do is take a shitty picture of my TV but you get the idea here

14435877915881545729412_zpsoggmddxt.jpg

Shit organization.

I'm sure they got some empty seats for those fans

Tabris

You're a liar, and in some ways a thief.

I mean sure, it's most likely I won't move but it makes me want to and I would have conversations and look into it due to my country regressing.

Sweden is the Scandinavian country not moving to the right side, so that's why I said Stockholm. Everything I've ever read about Sweden, except the slight Xenophobia and lack of cultural diversity, I have loved.

And Tokyo has same issue but I loved everything about it when I was there. That country is a bit more politically regressive then Canada for sure, but Tokyo was unbelievably awesome that it'll be worth it. And Harper is moving us closer to Japan then Sweden.

Stockholm is pretty rural, though.

In comparison, yeah. That's the issue with European cities for me. The lack of high rises.

iLLmAtlc

I had high hopes for baertschi this year but I didn't really like what I saw. He seems to be trending more towards press box than impact player.

And edler had like 3 shots blocked on the 4-on-3, cmon bre looking like Dion out there.

Calamari41

41 > 38
Guess the Kings are gonna suck this year as well.

Boy, that would be nice. According to my calculations, the Kings fanbase can't maintain itself without a Cup every other year. Two years without so much as a playoff appearance might finally kill the beast, and I won't have to listen to trash talk from people who don't know what a Wayne Gretzky is.

Avs shut out twice by Calgary. 1 goal in the last three games. I can't wait for this season. :|

With the talent at the forward position I can't help but feel that there has to be something wrong with the coaching or chemistry or something.

Or is it the defense not breaking the puck out well enough?

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
Vent:

/vent

I'm pretty lucky my family is great, but one small problem I have with my Mother are her passive aggressive remarks from time to time.

For example I'll ask if she needs help with something, and depending on her mood she'll say with something like, "well I can't do it by myself". Lately I've been responding with "So, yes?" and that usually snaps her out of it. She's not aware she's doing it, and I think she feels a straight up "Yes" answer would sound too assertive or something, but I'd prefer that over trying to guilt me into helping.

Lol Manson just kicked the shit out of Lucic, he's bleeding out in the penalty box

I need video or something friends.

Top Bottom