• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ni No Kuni Collector's Edition for EU/NA [failure level well beyond critical mass]

Toki767

I wonder if all who preordered this game (in Europe) and get screwed over (but let's just wait and see how it turns out with all the "payment problems"), will also get somewhat compensated like US customers.

Namco have a Wizard's fan pack ready available at least...
http://www.uk.namcobandaigames.eu/vipcorner/get/slug/ni-no-kuni-wizard-s-fan-pack-for-him
http://www.uk.namcobandaigames.eu/vipcorner/get/slug/ni-no-kuni-wizard-s-fan-pack-for-her

I hate how all shirts that come with things like these are always Large otherwise I'd love to have a Ni no Kuni shirt.

Vortex566

Hhm. Just visited Shoope Tooie & it let me preorder the Ni No Kuni WE. :/

EDIT

They've just posted on Twitter that the regular edition is in stock & shipping & that there's a limited supply of preorders open for the WE.

I've got two on on pre-order let's hope one of them happens.

Hhm. Just visited Shoope Tooie & it let me preorder the Ni No Kuni WE. :/

EDIT

They've just posted on Twitter that the regular edition is in stock & shipping & that there's a limited supply of preorders open for the WE.

"You got any of those Ni No Kuni Wizard Editions left?!"

"Yeah, a couple"

radiobart2_thumb.png

Cronen

Manaed to put an order in on banned site today, and have just received an email to say that it has been packaged and will be collected by DPD later today. Result!

Manaed to put an order in on banned site today, and have just received an email to say that it has been packaged and will be collected by DPD later today. Result!

The Hut/Zavvi are the ones that should be banned on here, not ShopTo. ShopTo aren't as cheap as they used to be, but otherwise they can do no wrong.

Cronen

The Hut/Zavvi are the ones that should be banned on here, not ShopTo. ShopTo aren't as cheap as they used to be, but otherwise they can do no wrong.

I've never used Zavvi before due to the complaints I had read. Unfortunately I had put a pre-order down on TheHut for Ni no Kuni because of the price they had up. Never using them again after the last fe days. Totally agree with you.

I've never used Zavvi before due to the complaints I had read. Unfortunately I had put a pre-order down on TheHut for Ni no Kuni because of the price they had up. Never using them again after the last fe days. Totally agree with you.

I'm sticking with The Hut for now and seeing what happens. It's a bargain at £63 and instead of prompting me to 'Resolve' the issue, the order status now says 'Awaiting Despatch'. Still concerned though, as something has definitely gone screwy over there.

Off-topic - Cool avatar by the way. That's the fox from the cover art of Brand New's album Daisy. Severely underrated stuff.

Chopper

GOD DAMMIT, WHY ISN'T THERE ANYONE ON THE END OF THE LINE WHEN YOU PHONE ZAVVI?!?!?!

My issue seems like such an easy one to fix.

How are you guys amending your payment details? I can't find the option to do that on an order that's processing.

LiK

If anyone wants to truly complete their collection, I'll be donating my giveaway bag from the recent NBGA media event in San Francisco to one of the game news outlets I freelance for. Features the cursed version of Drippy (1/10th the production count compared to the WE version), the red cape, and the Japanese version of the spellbook.

photo_1.jpg

Stick me into your contest please.

vercity82

is shopto sold out too? cant visit them here :/

also i too want this drippy

yea shopto sold out also now :( been told that GAME instore if u go back sunday they can sell peoples pre orders if that helps people or wait for all those people who orders they wouldnt take cash i bet they will sell those the crittens.

Slair

How are you guys amending your payment details? I can't find the option to do that on an order that's processing.

I was able to amend it after the first email i got, now i cant with the second.

This has been such a fucking hassle, i had sign up and learn how twitter works to tweet the hut, i wont likely ever get a response. I'm done with the hut group, at least for pre-orders of this sort anyway.

Cronen

I'm sticking with The Hut for now and seeing what happens. It's a bargain at £63 and instead of prompting me to 'Resolve' the issue, the order status now says 'Awaiting Despatch'. Still concerned though, as something has definitely gone screwy over there.

Off-topic - Cool avatar by the way. That's the fox from the cover art of Brand New's album Daisy. Severely underrated stuff.

I still have my Hut order going. Hoping a resolution will come about shortly!

OT - Ha, thanks! Yeah I did have the astronaut from Deja Entendu as my avatar for a bit but fancied a change! :)

If anyone wants to truly complete their collection, I'll be donating my giveaway bag from the recent NBGA media event in San Francisco to one of the game news outlets I freelance for. Features the cursed version of Drippy (1/10th the production count compared to the WE version), the red cape, and the Japanese version of the spellbook.

photo_1.jpg

I'd loved to be entered to win.

Chopper

I was able to amend it after the first email i got, now i cant with the second.

This has been such a fucking hassle, i had sign up and learn how twitter works to tweet the hut, i wont likely ever get a response. I'm done with the hut group, at least for pre-orders of this sort anyway.
How? I was told the Payment Problem email would provide a link that would help me. I see no such thing? How do your two emails differ?

Edit:

photo_1.jpg
Yes please!

yea shopto sold out also now :( been told that GAME instore if u go back sunday they can sell peoples pre orders if that helps people or wait for all those people who orders they wouldnt take cash i bet they will sell those the crittens.

That's handy to know, I will be there on opening on Friday and might just bite the bullet and end up with the standard edition and guide if it comes to it :(

Cronen

Audίoboxer;47078554 said:
My ShopTo order now says completed. I think that means it is shipping today? Not had a shipping notice email yet.

My shipping email was surprisingly in my Spam folder. Have you checked that?

BluWacky

My shipping email was surprisingly in my Spam folder. Have you checked that?

Mine too, but fortunately I have it set so they text me as well when sending packages.

Irritatingly, the tracking number they've given me doesn't show up anything with DPD but presumably that's because it's not made its way into their system yet.

Anyhoo, should be arriving tomorrow!

Finally got a responce from namco, regarding the standard edition of Ni no Kuni:

We apologize for the inconvenience. Unfortunately, we are unable to
provide any information regarding the availability of the product.

its amazing....

Slair

How? I was told the Payment Problem email would provide a link that would help me. I see no such thing? How do your two emails differ?

The first time, i clicked the "your account" that was highlighted in the email and it took me straight to a page where i could update my details specific to that order. I just input my security code from the back of my card and that was that. I then got another email, that was exactly the same as the first, about 4 hours later saying there was a problem but this time when i click on "your account" it just takes me to my account where i can see all my orders. There is a change default payment details at the bottom, which i re-entered, and I've not had an email since.

zeopower6

Finally got a responce from namco, regarding the standard edition of Ni no Kuni:

We apologize for the inconvenience. Unfortunately, we are unable to
provide any information regarding the availability of the product.

its amazing....

Maybe before stocking their own store, they're sending them out to retailers?

I hear GameStop keeps selling out despite getting new waves of regular versions every few days.

Friggz

my pending payment was finally taken off, i never received a 20$ coupon for the game. but at this point, i think ill just let it be.

leadbelly

Banned
I ordered it from Shopto and got the shipping email today. Hopefully it will arrive tomorrow.

I can't wait to immerse myself in the game world. I'm sure that will help me take my mind off things.

Cronen

Mine too, but fortunately I have it set so they text me as well when sending packages.

Irritatingly, the tracking number they've given me doesn't show up anything with DPD but presumably that's because it's not made its way into their system yet.

Anyhoo, should be arriving tomorrow!

Same for me! :)

Cbajd5

photo_1.jpg

If this is a contest/raffle/whatever then enter me.

All I really want is the Cursed Drippy though...

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
I wonder if I made the right decision not bothering with this. I feel like I'm missing out on the in thing at the moment.

And now I read the regular edition is apparently limited as well. So much for my get it cheap when I get a PS3 later on plan.

Danj

Sorry if this is a silly question but now that there seems to be a fair few UK gaffers having order trouble, what was the reason that people didn't order from somewhere reliable like Amazon UK?

Takuya

Banned

photo_1.jpg

Very interested. :)

Jarnet87

Gamestop website says it has the game in stock again. Was going to go to my local store or two and see if they got more, but just ordered the game plus the guide on the website.

Cronen

Sorry if this is a silly question but now that there seems to be a fair few UK gaffers having order trouble, what was the reason that people didn't order from somewhere reliable like Amazon UK?

I know that myself and several others ordered from The Hut/Zavvi back in July because it was priced at £67-ish (I believe - instead of the RRP of £79.99). This in conjunction with a 10% voucher code brought the price down to £61-ish - which is a fantastic price for the collector's edition. Just a shame that the site is such a shambles!

I know that myself and several others ordered from The Hut/Zavvi back in July because it was priced at £67-ish (I believe - instead of the RRP of £79.99). This in conjunction with a 10% voucher code brought the price down to £61-ish - which is a fantastic price for the collector's edition. Just a shame that the site is such a shambles!

Prediction:
Danj is now going to tell you that he got it for £55 at Amazon.

Danj

Prediction:
Danj is now going to tell you that he got it for £55 at Amazon.

Yeah basically what foobarry's spoiler says - it was
less money
at Amazon.

EDIT: I should add that I haven't actually received it yet, nor has it shipped, so there's still room for things to go horribly wrong, but so far I've seen no cause that I should be worried about Amazon. Touch wood and all that.

eXistor

I did originally, because at the time it wasn't for certain that my own shop would be getting them. Then we got word we would be getting them and then I canceled the amazon one. Of course yesterday it turned out we won't be getting them, so now I'm fucked. Next time I'll probably just keep my amazon order at all times.

reson8or

photo_1.jpg

Interested as well, 'en it!

photo_1.jpg

I'm game if the window's still open for entering.

Top Bottom