• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nickelodeon greenlights Rocko's Modern Life TV Movie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Richie

Entertainment Weekly has been on a roll with scoop on classic Nicktoons lately, and the very latest is that the wallaby is gonna headline his own movie. Let's all celebrate with Chokey Chicken.

EW has learned exclusively that Nickelodeon has greenlit a TV movie of Rocko’s Modern Life, the classic ‘90s animated Nicktoon created by Joe Murray.

The one-hour TV special will bring back all of the beloved characters in Rocko’s fictional city of O-Town. Murray will return as executive producer and co-director of the film, which will be produced out of Nickelodeon Animation Studios in Burbank.

“I’m very happy to be rejoining Rocko and my friends from O-Town again,” Murray said in a statement. “What I have found by bringing these characters back is that it’s not so much about nostalgia, but a sense that they still feel relevant and fresh to me, and after 20 years, they can’t wait to comment on modern life in the 21st century. They still have a lot to say.”

[...]

No title, casting, or release date has been set yet for the Rocko’s Modern Life TV movie.

Neoxon

Nick's been on the upswing as of late. First it was The Loud House, then that Hey Arnold TV movie, now this.

double jump

you haven't lived until a random little kid ask you "how do you make love".
No. I have zero faith in this. Hope they prove me wrong though.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
latest

PR_rambo

Banned
They better not tone it down .

I AM THE CHEESE. I AM THE BEST CHARACTER ON THE SHOW. I AM BETTER THAN BOTH THE SALAMI AND BOLOGNA COMBINED.

Is this real life????? Surprised rugrats hasn't been rebooted yet!

I actually was looking through the Nickelodeon guide a few days ago on the UK channel and what the hell happened to Cartoons!!! It's just horrible real life programs now!

No wonder the kids watch YouTube these days lol

rec0ded1

Come on guys 2016/2017 can't handle the shit rocko got away with back in the day. It'll suck and we all know it.

I want it to be good

Ferrio

Banned
I remember when it dawned on me that the clown episode was just one big metaphor for being gay. It was a really weird realization.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom