• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nicki Minaj wax figure depicts her on all fours. Azealia Banks has beef with this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You can just touch wax statues like that?

1326.gif

hbkdx12

Yeah

The one time i went there a few years back, you quickly realize the statues are not in the most pristine condition as most would imagine.

On subject: I can easily see how people would see this as tasteless and possibly insulting but given the fact that Nicki's whole career revolves around her sexuality, what more are people expecting? Furthermore, if not this statue than what? I honestly don't think you could pick a statue that is less sexualized/more flattering but also speaks to her persona.

It's either the statue we got or some crazy statue of her doing her crazy Roman face with pink hair.

MUnited83

For you.
Is twitter drama the only thing Banks does these days?
Absolutely, yeah. I went to Madame Tussauds in London and people can basically touch them all they want (provided they aren't actively trying to break them or something like that). I've seen people posing for photos feeling up Shakira's statue boobs, Justin Bieber's statue junk, Jennifer Lopez's statue ass, and so on and on.

I can't get over how funny that image is. The guy isn't just taking some goofy picture next to a wax statue, he's trying to fuck it.

32c138d8548fe614a79534c9f592a5bb.gif

if nicki doesn't have a problem with it and okayed it then im fine with It. she'd be a hypocrite if she did. She built her whole career off sex and she owns it.

I don't actually like her music or how she presents herselfs or how black women are presented in the media but this is her shtick.

Plenty of better female rapper's that don't present themselves like this and has thought provoking content to get wrapped up in an outlier.

I can name a lot, but I'll just put up the GOAT female rapper ever

Nicki can't even hang in the shadows of Da Brat. Hell, Missy would run all over Nicki, come on man.

OT: If Nicki is happy with it, why bitch? Like what's already been posted, she's done this to white women too, so it isn't racist.

Da Brat so good as a rapper she always using the wrong gender pronouns

PSqueak

Banned
Thats a guy.

At first i was attracted because i thought he was a girl.

Turns out it's a boy, well, now im attracted and envious.

Gotta wonder tho, how come people are allowed to touch the wax figure like that? aren't there rules against touching and humping the artwork?

PSqueak

Banned
Wait, someone thought this was racist? How?

Person who said it is prolly racist herself, so racist logic.

Edit: dumb me, i was confusing Azealia Banks with someone else, but after thinking about the tweet, i think it still applies. To say this is racist because white people were involved when it truly is an iconic scene from Minaj's most famous video that she herself approved to be made, it's a comment made fueled by "us vs them" mentality. So i stand by my "racist logic is what prompts people to say it's racist" comment.

Tits are just fake asses.

Tits are nature taking a second shot at arses, adding improvements (nipples, on the same side as the rest of the fun stuff) and removing the massive flaws (pops and plops).

Arses are a sloppy first attempt.

I believe the person on the left (Pink pants) is a dude...

Oh! That's ok then.

Now I like at them again though, gods damn they've got a ridiculous lower half.

Human. Garbage. I weep for you.

Arses are indeed where human waste exits the body, along with eye watering smells!

Seriously though, I love butts as much as the next sane human being, I'm just slightly prefer boobs, because it's another butt, with cool extras and no danger of shit! What's not to love?

Big Blue

Azealia Banks' has no shame about her jealousy of other female rappers' success. It is a shame though, because I used to be a fan. But I'm just tired of her bullshit.

if nicki doesn't have a problem with it and okayed it then im fine with It. she'd be a hypocrite if she did. She built her whole career off sex and she owns it.

I don't actually like her music or how she presents herselfs or how black women are presented in the media but this is her shtick.

Plenty of better female rapper's that don't present themselves like this and has thought provoking content to get wrapped up in an outlier.
Nice choice of gif.

Also I'd hate to see what sort of hell you have to go through to clean/fix a wax model after someone outright bones it.

Puruzi

Banned
If Nicki is alright with it then who the fuck cares? People need to stop getting upset on other people's behalf, especially if the one they're getting upset for isn't even upset themselves. It's stupid.

Let's wait and see how long it takes for someone to be outraged and spew Racist!1!1!11 or Sexist!!!1111

Oh wait.....
Looks racist and sexist as shit at the same time. What a shame.

First post nai.....uhhhh is miles off the mark.

Also I'm like 99% sure that these statues must be OK'd by the people who they are creating and that the person actually has to go to MT to get scanned etc.

So Minaj has no issue with the statue.

Arkos

Nose how to spell and rede to
Lol this is literally what she is famous for. Why the fuck is anyone offended.

FStop7

Banned
Azealia Banks is a nobody who pleads for attention by reaching for the lowest hanging fruit on Twitter. Stop rewarding her.

rawd

What.

You do realise every Madame Tussaud's waxwork is designed and developed with the full approval of the star in question?

Benedict_Cumberbatch_wax_figure_in_final_stages___see_the_pictures.jpg

If you have an issue with it, the issue is how Minaj wishes for herself to be portrayed.

Messi looks spot on

Dai101

Banned

YyHnM9L.gif

I'm not really critical of the statue at all, but she would be hypocritical if she wasn't okay with it? Noooope.

See, Nicki Minaj is sexual, but not sexualIZED. That's the issue. When Nicki Minaj flaunts her sexuality, she's in control. When she's a wax statue on all fours, you get pictures of people licking her butt or pretending to fuck her while holding her hair. If she objected on those grounds, how is that hypocritical?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom