• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nielsen crowns Halo 5 as most anticipated holiday exclusive, COD most popular multi.

Reset

Well Halo 5 being the most anticipated exclusive isn't shocking to me. The PS4 only has collection port being released and the WiiU's line up is pretty sad as well imo.

RowdyReverb

How in the world is Uncharted: The Nathan Drake collection an exclusive? They are ports of 3 games from the PS3...
They could have at least been consistent. Having Uncharted: The Nathan Drake collection in a separate column from Rise of the Tomb Raider is odd since they both have worse-looking siblings on the previous gen consoles.

Lothars

How it's that possible?

Looks like the best halo yet
It's felt by some people that 343 has squandered the oppurunity they had for Halo and really dropped the ball with the MCC.

Halo 5 for many people is a make it or break it for the franchise, Ideally it will be good but if it comes out and has tons of problems than I really think the franchise is in big trouble if it's comes out and it's as good as some people seem to think it is than it should be a big deal but either way I don't think Halo 5 will ever get back to where Halo was in it's prime. I feel that the franchise is at the lowest point it's ever been.

TechnicPuppet

Nothing! I said nothing!
I don't understand how people can say that the lineup of games this year is bad unless they only have a PS4. Even then there is still Fallout and Star Wars looks good. These are not games we get every year.

Well Halo 5 being the most anticipated exclusive isn't shocking to me. The PS4 only has collection port being released and the WiiU's line up is pretty sad as well imo.

Maybe to you, but Xenoblade X is probably my most anticipated title out of everything coming out for the rest of the year. Not sad at all.

And what's wrong with the Uncharted Collection?

I don't understand how people can say that the lineup of games this year is bad unless they only have a PS4. Even then there is still Fallout and Star Wars is good. These are not games we get every year.

Even with only a PS4, assuming you like Japanese games at all, there's a bunch of those this month, and then all the multi-platform titles for the rest of the year.

I'm convinced that anyone saying this year's lineup is bad doesn't actually like video games.

RowdyReverb

It's felt by some people that 343 has squandered the oppurunity they had for Halo and really dropped the ball with the MCC.

Halo 5 for many people is a make it or break it for the franchise, Ideally it will be good but if it comes out and has tons of problems than I really think the franchise is in big trouble if it's comes out and it's as good as some people seem to think it is than it should be a big deal but either way I don't think Halo 5 will ever get back to where Halo was in it's prime. I feel that the franchise is at the lowest point it's ever been.
So, nowhere to go but up!

This holiday is looking like shit for all platforms....

Gotta be one of the worst fall lineups in the last 10 years.

Are you nuts?

2015 is looking 2007-level legendary right now. MGS V. Super Mario Maker. Halo 5. Fallout 4. Just Cause 3. Rise of The Tomb Raider. Plus a sequel to the best COD, and plenty of niche/indie titles floating around. How is is possibly shit, for any platform?
Inclined to agree. Plus Destiny: TTK has been excellent. I can't remember the last time I played so many good games in a short period of time while still having such hype games to play over the next few months. 2015 is a landmark year, for sure.

This holiday is looking like shit for all platforms....

Gotta be one of the worst fall lineups in the last 10 years.
Are you nuts?

2015 is looking 2007-level legendary right now. MGS V. Super Mario Maker. Halo 5. Fallout 4. Just Cause 3. Rise of The Tomb Raider. Plus a sequel to the best COD, and plenty of niche/indie titles floating around. How is is possibly shit, for any platform?

X is the only game coming out this year. Period.

I was upset when they first announced it as an early December game (instead of October/November), but now that I think about it, I'm glad everything else comes out first, so that when it hits, I can focus on it.

Are you nuts?

Witcher 3 too. Dunno how anyone could say 2015 was a "bad" year for gaming. Fall/Holiday season might not be too appealing to you, but it's been a damn good year.

Reset

Maybe to you, but Xenoblade X is probably my most anticipated title out of everything coming out for the rest of the year. Not sad at all.
And what's wrong with the Uncharted Collection?
I said in my opinion, I wasn't speaking for everyone else.
Uh the Uncharted Collection is a port of three PS3 games, how is that not an awful lineup for the holidays? Oh and cool that you're in Xenoblade X, but ever since I seen the direct that showed the actual gameplay... I'll just say it looks very uninteresting. Nintendo's line up is 'sad' to me since they have an amiibo game smh, yoshi game, and devil's third. Even the PS4's collection port lineup looks more interesting than that line up. Microsoft might have only one exclusive being released, but they're releasing a game for their second biggest IP, so it's not shocking to me that it's the most anticipated game.

Falchion

I don't understand how more people are excited for Need for Speed than Battlefront but everything else makes sense.

Nameless

I don't understand how people can say that the lineup of games this year is bad unless they only have a PS4. Even then there is still Fallout and Star Wars looks good. These are not games we get every year.

This is clearly bait, but I'm dumb enough to bite anyway:

-The Tomorrow Children
-Firewatch
-Disgaea
-Bloodborne:The Old Hunters
-Tales of Zestiria
-Talos Principle
-Dragon Quest Heroes
-Nathan Drake Collection

Plus multiplats like Fallout, Star Wars, Just Cause, Life is Strange, Witcher expansion etc..you're an insane person if you believe that.

TechnicPuppet

Nothing! I said nothing!

-The Tomorrow Children
-Firewatch
-Disgaea
-Tales of Zestiria
-Talos Principle
-Dragon Quest Heroes
-Nathan Drake Collection

Plus multiplats like Fallout, Star Wars, Just Cause, Life is Strange, Witcher expansion etc..you're an insane person if you believe that.

This aimed at me? I agree with you.

etta

my hard graphic balls

-The Tomorrow Children
-Firewatch
-Disgaea
-Tales of Zestiria
-Talos Principle
-Dragon Quest Heroes
-Nathan Drake Collection

I don't fully disagree, but almost none of those titles have mass appeal in the West. Uncharted does but it's a remaster. Three of those are pretty niche, one is a DLC, and 3 are indies, which generally aren't system sellers aka. big exclusives. Almost noone will purchase consoles for $20 games, they do it for the big games with big mass appeal like COD/Halo/Uncharted/Gears and new IP's of course.
I too disagree with those saying Xbox has a good holiday while PS4 does not, but I can understand where they are coming from. Xbox has Halo, Gears, Forza, Tomb Raider, all of which have mass appeal in the West.

blakep267

I don't understand how more people are excited for Need for Speed than Battlefront but everything else makes sense.
I kinda think that people here are over inflating what Battlefront will do just because a non tie in movie is coming out in December. Not saying it's gonna bomb by any means. But it's not gonna be COd big

Now granted BF will sell more than NFs, but NFS does look pretty cool graphics wise. So I can see how people would be more interested

Top Bottom