• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nielsen crowns Halo 5 as most anticipated holiday exclusive, COD most popular multi.

foxbeldin

Those percentages are pretty weird. 98% of current gen owners are anticipating COD? Really?

This can't be serious. I know COD is highly anticipated, but not that much, come on, their methodology is broken.

Alo0oy

Banned
I'm surprised Assassin's Creed and Fallout are both 95%. How is this even possible with all the Fallout hype and AC-fatigue?!?

Every single AC sold significantly better than Fallout 3, in some cases like AC3 it doubled FO3's sales.

People are really overestimating Fallout and Battlefront.

Alo0oy

Banned
I don't think Halo would have a problem beating out anything that released in that period.
I can't think of any really big games that could beat it's launch sales. Forza 6 maybe? It certainly isn't going to be Until Dawn or Devil's Third.

Forza? Halo 5 will sell at least 5 times as much as Forza 6, Forza games barely sell 2 million and that's with heavy bundling, Halo 3 meanwhile sold 10+ million.

Yoshi

Headmaster of Console Warrior Jugendstrafanstalt
Those percentages are pretty weird. 98% of current gen owners are anticipating COD? Really?

This can't be serious. I know COD is highly anticipated, but not that much, come on, their methodology is broken.

This interpretation doesn't work for Halo or Yoshi either. I think how we should read this is this: Take the most anticipated game a console has ever had and compare a game's anticipation to that game. So Halo 5 is the most anticipated game ever on Xbox One, it is 100% as anticipated as itself. Yoshi's Woolly World is 91% as anticipated as the most anticipated Wii U game has ever been (Mario Kart 8?) and CoD is 98% as anticipated as the most anticipated multi platform game (for Xbone / PS4?) has ever been.

OEM

The optimism around Halo 5 is kind of crazy. All I've read about 4 and the Master Chief collection was how terrible they were and here we are with the same dev taking a third crack at the same license. I'm not trying to shit on a game that hasn't been released, but I really hope it ends up meeting fans' expectations this time.

For sheer number of high-profile games it is looking weak. I'll be putting a ton of time into Fallout and multiplayer Battlefront with friends, though, so it's all good. Besides, it'll be spring before you know it.

Watch Sprint Season 1-3.

Trup1aya

That's not what these percentages represent.

The percent value shown reflects how strong the overall anticipation level is for the title, relative to the pre-release anticipation levels of all previous titles that released on the platforms

So Halo is at least as highly anticipated as another title ever released on Xbox one... Which makes sense because it's likely the most anticipated title to ever come to the console.

No 98% of, console owners don't want COD:BlOPs3,
But it's 98% as anticipated as this most anticipated mulitplatform title so far... (I'm assuming that title would be Destiny)

drotahorror

Probably the worst fall/winter line up in a long time. Normally I'd be interested in a few of them but I'm tired of CoD, NFS sucked, curious about Battlefront beta but it looks bad from streams I've seen. I don't like Fallout, Halo, Starcraft or Anno (or Assassins Creed).

I would have bought CoD and NFS if not for the beta's, so I'm thankful I got a chance to try before I buy.

I will probably get FO4 because of how shit the release schedule is and I'm mildly interested in it. Tomb Raider is a must buy but I dunno if I should just wait for PC version. Maybe Just Cause 3 will be good, I barely played the second one but I enjoyed it. Literally just a bunch of sequels, which I guess is pretty normal for this time of the year.

Gurish

How in the world is Uncharted: The Nathan Drake collection an exclusive? They are ports of 3 games from the PS3...

Your PS3 can run these games at 1080P/ 60 fps with all the improvements they've made? if not than it's technically exclusive.

ZhugeEX

Banned

Maybe you should read the post before commenting.

The percent value shown reflects how strong the overall anticipation level is for the title, relative to the pre-release anticipation levels of all previous titles that released on the platforms

Probably the worst fall/winter line up in a long time. Normally I'd be interested in a few of them but I'm tired of CoD, NFS sucked, curious about Battlefront beta but it looks bad from streams I've seen. I don't like Fallout, Halo, Starcraft or Anno (or Assassins Creed).

I would have bought CoD and NFS if not for the beta's, so I'm thankful I got a chance to try before I buy.

I will probably get FO4 because of how shit the release schedule is and I'm mildly interested in it. Tomb Raider is a must buy but I dunno if I should just wait for PC version. Maybe Just Cause 3 will be good, I barely played the second one but I enjoyed it. Literally just a bunch of sequels, which I guess is pretty normal for this time of the year.
Different strokes. I love Halo and Bethesda RPGs, getting both in one quarter makes this one of the best years in gaming for me. Games like MGSV and Witcher 3 are just a bonus at this point. Pending that they deliver of course, I have reason to believe they will for me, Halo 5 beta was a blast and Bethesda has never failed me.

Alo0oy

Banned

I disagree, Metal Gear Online, Tales of Zestria, and Uncharted 4 beta are enough for me, I'll buy Fallout 4 later once Bethesda fixes it.

EDIT: I can't believe I forgot Bloodborne DLC, shame on me.

Alo0oy

Banned
Oh yeah, this little survey is nothing. I expect Battlefront to clobber them once the marketing starts rolling, and the game releases. It'll probably get a boost from the movie as well.

Unlikely, Black Ops 3 could sell twice as much as Battlefront or any game released this holiday.

massoluk

Banned
The world continues to revolve not around me as none of the titles in OP excite me. Well, may be Fallout got me interested a bit.

Alo0oy

Banned
Yup.

I wouldn't be surprised if BO3 sells more in the US than Battlefront sells worldwide.

Being serious here.

Definitely, a lot of people still underestimate Call of Duty, advanced Warfare was - as usual - the biggest entertainment launch last year, and that wasn't under the black ops subtitle.

foxbeldin

Maybe you should read the post before commenting.

Thank you i read it already and i stand by what i said. Their methodology is broken and produces meaningless numbers. When numbers are given in percentages, they have to be percentages of something, and that something, they define it as anticipation level, which means absolutely nothing when the result is 98 or 100%.

drotahorror

Different strokes. I love Halo and Bethesda RPGs, getting both in one quarter makes this one of the best years in gaming for me. Games like MGSV and Witcher 3 are just a bonus at this point. Pending that they deliver of course, I have reason to believe they will for me, Halo 5 beta was a blast and Bethesda has never failed me.

True, I forgot about Witcher 3 and Bloodborne DLC, I'm hype for those, moreso than most games released this year. I might get Halo 5 just depends.

I disagree, Metal Gear Online, Tales of Zestria, and Uncharted 4 beta are enough for me, I'll buy Fallout 4 later once Bethesda fixes it.

Waiting on MGO for PC. Uncharted 4 beta is gonna be sick too, already preloaded Uncharted Collection. I guess there's plenty this year, not like I need a bunch to play when I so much already ha.

Alo0oy

Banned
We're not talking about lifetime sales.

Still, Forza is not even close to being in the same league as Gears, let alone Halo.

Forza is comparable in sales to Killzone, Infamous, Fable, Heavy Rain...etc (and I'm even hesitant putting it with those games, since they usually sell better). Halo 5 alone will sell better than all Forza titles this gen combined.

big_z

wtf. did people like ac:unity so much that theyre pumped for another. I cant.... I just... please stop.

Effect

Devil's Third most anticipated than Xenoblade.
Need For Speed over Star Wars.
Seems legit.

If we are to take this listing seriously and at face value what the Devil's Third listing tells me is that those E3 trailers and pushes by Itagaki were effective in building up interest and they stuck with people. Not going to lie I liked what I saw E3 the game was debut from the trailers to the Treehouse showing of the game. That and some Wii U owners want something to fill the void that exist due to no Call of Duty or even Star Wars being released on the Wii U. They might not be aware of reviews so the desire to still experience the game is still there. Hell I know the reviews and I still kinda want to pick it up just to see for myself how it is and if the online could actually be fun.

I'm looking forward to Xenoblade Chronicles X a LOT. I'm taking a long weekend when that games out. That's how much I want to play that game. However Nintendo has done jack shit in regard to the average customer to promote the game in the west. So it's no wonder it's not on any list like this and likely won't ever be. Nintendo seems to not have any faith it in and seems unwilling to make the game a big deal to grab people's interest.

It's hilarious to look at most of the list and then get down to the 3DS and especially the Vita portions. Really drives home how different the niche handheld market is from everything else.

A little less than a year ago and the Halo franchise seemed to be in a bit of trouble but wow have they bounced back. MCC did little damage to the franchise and 343i is hitting the right marks with the game.

Isn't Leslie Nielsen dead? :D

giphy.gif

The recent forge reveal got me more hyped than the SP trailers, gonna be playing Warzone and messing with forge and customs for a looong time.

Jamix012

Why is it that posters like to refer as shit the popular games they personally dont like ?

Do cod players go on about japanese shit or Bayo shit or platformer shit ?

Um?? Yes? Not that I support it on either side but how many people make threads about how japanese characters are unappealing or all the "anime waifu shit" on Vita.

If we are to take this listing seriously and at face value what the Devil's Third listing tells me is that those E3 trailers and pushes by Itagaki were effective in building up interest and they stuck with people. Not going to lie I liked what I saw E3 the game was debut from the trailers to the Treehouse showing of the game. That and some Wii U owners want something to fill the void that exist due to no Call of Duty or even Star Wars being released on the Wii U. They might not be aware of reviews so the desire to still experience the game is still there. Hell I know the reviews and I still kinda want to pick it up just to see for myself how it is and if the online could actually be fun.

I'm looking forward to Xenoblade Chronicles X a LOT. I'm taking a long weekend when that games out. That's how much I want to play that game. However Nintendo has done jack shit in regard to the average customer to promote the game in the west. So it's no wonder it's not on any list like this and likely won't ever be. Nintendo seems to not have any faith it in and seems unwilling to make the game a big deal to grab people's interest.
Nintendo has done way more stuff for X than they ever did for devil's third though

BokehKing

Banned
Well yeh. I mean it's no doubt that COD will absolutely smash Halo out of the park.

But what that means is that one week of retail sales for Halo 5 will be bigger than

1 month of MGS5
1 month of Destiny TTK
1 month of Madden
1 month of NBA2K16

So yeh, I can see how you say it's not a big deal. But what it does say is that Halo is still a big franchise.
Sales have already released?

djtiesto

is beloved, despite what anyone might say
Xenoblade X is really the only game that interests me this holiday season, even though the import reviews and fact it's not as story-focused as the original has slightly soured me on it.

nib95

Banned
I can imagine a huge portion of people with Xbox One's will be buying Halo 5. Hell, I predominantly bought my Xbox One for it.

Weird to see Need for Speed over Battlefront though.

Anth0ny

I'm yet to speak to an Xbox One owner who isn't highly anticipating Halo 5.

The beta, the early TV ads, HtT, more TV ads, slowly releasing more info about the content on a weekly basis.

343i have played a blinder here and this is the most hyped I've been for a Halo game since 3 and I was MEGA hyped for that game!

19 days to go!

I own an Xbox one and after halo 4 and master chief collection I couldn't give any less of a fuck about halo 5. I'll probably pick it up when it's $20 just to check it out.

Top Bottom