• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NieR: Automata Review Thread

Anko

But as I mentioned, the design is pretty good too. There weren't any side missions in the game where I felt like "I can't believe I have to do this crap," which there is so much of in the first Nier. It was all very reasonable.

I can think of one... it involves the desert and the scanner.

WITHE1982

Fantastic reviews.

Pre-ordered and will probably receive my copy on Wednesday. Now just to power through Horizon before the weekend.

So excited but not really expecting much from this poo.

Rad-

I was expecting high 70s or low 80s but it looks like it's going to end up high 80s. I'm saving my monies for Mass Effect and Persona atm but I'll get this sometimes later.

sensor

Third one is weird since I thought the side missions were one of the strongest points. They all have great (often very depressing) story attached and none of them felt like a slog. Probably the biggest improvement over the original Nier.

The 'empty' open world critique doesn't hold much water with me, either. I mean sure, it's pretty empty, but I don't really see it as a negative in this game. The loneliness contributes a great deal to the game's atmosphere, and it makes what is there all the more poignant and tragic.

But as I mentioned, the design is pretty good too. There weren't any side missions in the game where I felt like "I can't believe I have to do this crap," which there is so much of in the first Nier. It was all very reasonable.
So I guess there's no quests where I have to change the system clock. Thank god.

OP hasn't updated at all!
you had one job to do.

::

i'm just kidding.
great scores but it being not the action game i hoped makes this a steam sale for me.

One negative to 2017 blasting me with excellent games is that ive run out of hype for persona 5.
It was gonna be THE goty for me and now its just another excellent japanese game that goes in the pile of other excellent 2017 games i haven't beaten. .
What a bad delay.

I haven't finished Gravity Rush 2, Horizon or Nioh post game yet. Mouse is hovering over the pre-order button. Brain, please be reasonable.
Just buy it, haha! I'm in the same boat, though I preordered NieR months ago. Seriously considering putting GR2 aside to play this. I'm getting nowhere in it; like gta I keep goofing off and playing around in the world.

Zolo

They also haven't put in Polygon's, so I'd say about right with what I thought with 85+. Would have been surprised if it got higher than a 90. A solid 90's more possible, but was still very unlikely.

Gotta be honest though, was not expecting scores this high. I thought it would be great if the game could land around the mid-80's, but this?

Absolutely fantastic.

Kaizer

Banned
Third one is weird since I thought the side missions were one of the strongest points. They all have great (often very depressing) story attached and none of them felt like a slog. Probably the biggest improvement over the original Nier.

Are they basically fetch quests with good story bits?

One negative to 2017 blasting me with excellent games is that ive run out of hype for persona 5.
It was gonna be THE goty for me and now its just another excellent japanese game that goes in the pile of other excellent 2017 games i haven't beaten. .
What a bad delay.

I'm having this issue. Think persona 5 will be a 10/10 game but think Nier automata will leaving a stronger last impression and clinch the goty from me. Please don't slack next year Japan.

Polygon and game informer keep reminding me why I don't bother listening to their opinion.

Top Bottom