• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nier Replicant (PS4/Xbox One/Steam) coming West April 21, 2021. Nier Automata reaches 4.8m units sold

BlakeofT

It said pre orders for the white snow edition were open but i can't find it on the Square store or anywhere
I think that was Japan only. If that's what you're looking at, sorry I don't know.

Edit: it's coming to the west, but preorders aren't up yet, if I read correctly.

Edit: looks like preorders are up here

Last edited:

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
Nier is the one fantasy game with such a great frontier once you’re a couple hours in you’ll realize it’s a great story, certainly had a good one time experience with it I generally don’t want to buy the same game twice

SALMORE

i Just watched the gameplay demo for Replicant , the combat feels so smooth & satisfying 🤤 can't wait for April

Last edited:

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
I think that was Japan only. If that's what you're looking at, sorry I don't know.
unknown.png

I'm just hoping its not Square Enix Store exclusive.

Soodanim

Reasons to keep a PS3 around dwindle by the day, but I’m not complaining. I’ll buy this on PC, then Automata as I never got round to it

Funny how the live stream took place right after I played Automata for about an hour.

The Japanese cover is better because of Yoshida’s beautiful artwork but the Western one is fine too. The box will have both covers so you can put whichever you prefer.

This remaster/upgrade looks really good but I’m not sure if I’d buy it as I already know the story. I look forward to the new tracks and rearrangements, though. Keiichi Okabe is a musical genius.

BlakeofT

Funny how the live stream took place right after I played Automata for about an hour.

The Japanese cover is better because of Yoshida’s beautiful artwork but the Western one is fine too. The box will have both covers so you can put whichever you prefer.

This remaster/upgrade looks really good but I’m not sure if I’d buy it as I already know the story. I look forward to the new tracks and rearrangements, though. Keiichi Okabe is a musical genius.
I believe they said that the western box art has a reverse side that matches the Japanese box art.

VALCON 82

I didn't want to do it from the Square Enix store.. but fuckit!
got the pre order for the white snow edition. I missed out on the Black box edition so im not going down that road this time.

Madflavor

I'm planning on what game to get this friday, and it dawned on me that I never played Nier Automata. Is it worth getting on Steam right now? It got really good reviews, but the only thing the internet has taught me about this game in the past couple years is that the girl you play as has a fantastic ass. Which is great and all, Lord knows we need more women in gaming that look remotely fuckable, but I need a little more than that before I buy a game.

How's the actual game?

Last edited:

Nattan

Has anyone managed to complete the pre-order for the Snow White Edition in the EU store? Just throwing internal errors at me when trying to complete the order.

Last edited:

Mr Hyde

Looks great. Seens to slightly veer into remake territory. Animations, combat, looks like it's gotten a complete overhaul. Never played Replicant-version so very excited for this. Nier is a terrific game with one of the best soundtracks ever, but also one of the most overlooked. It very much deserved the remaster treatment. I hope it can find a new audience after Automatas success.

VALCON 82

I'm planning on what game to get this friday, and it dawned on me that I never played Nier Automata. Is it worth getting on Steam right now? It got really good reviews, but the only thing the internet has taught me about this game in the past couple years is that the girl you play as has a fantastic ass. Which is great and all, Lord knows we need more women in gaming that look remotely fuckable, but I need a little more than that before I buy a game.

How's the actual game?
buttery smooth... and yes im talking about the gameplay and ass!

Last edited:

AetherMage

How's the actual game?

Almost as good as that android ass. Get it.

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
So instead of the FATHER, you play as a BROTHER? I saw a Japanese ad for that particular version on PS3 years ago, but I decided to play the NA version of Nier. Are there any notable changes to the gameplay/world? I wonder if we're going to hear a bunch F bombs about the Shadowlord.

How's the actual game?
I’m currently playing it and it’s great. Action combat with lots of cool animations, very reliant on dodging. I also enjoy the small open world design a lot. The music is incredibly brilliant. Voice acting and dialogue writing are top notch too. The story... I’ll let you discover it.

Just keep in mind that the opening level is somewhat long and you can’t save until you finish it. If you don’t want to lose time by starting over if you die, you may want to switch to easy mode.

Boss Mog

The fact that they showed no gameplay is a bit worrying. I'm guessing combat will be a far cry from Platinum silky smooth 60fps sexiness.

Javthusiast

Banned
Unfortunately watched a playthrough of it a couple years back, so I can't go in unspoiled, but I am still super hyped to finally play it for myself next year after Automata sharing my goty with Horizon in 2017.

Top Bottom