• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NiGHTS 2 Coming! (Looks like NOM is off the hook... THIS time.)

YagizY

I've never played NiGHTS, this might be a good chance to go to my friends place to see what the game was like to see whether or not I will like it.

I apologize to ONM as they apparently where telling the truth and really broke the news. That being said, I hope to god this is a version made for the Wii. Nintendo and Sega, if you are reading this thread, please listen...

Nintendo - Nights 2 exclusivity would be huge... don't blow it! Make sure it happens. Offer Sega money if need be.

Sega - Make Nights 2 as good or better than the original. Show SEGA fans that you still have it and produce a great game.

Nights 2 & Mario Galaxy at Christmas under everyones tree!

I remember the original Nights game on my Sega Saturn and it was downright amazing. Great control..... Great Music...... Best Graphics on the Saturn (hell it still looks good), colorful Art direction.......

Also by the way, now that you are doing sequels, please obtain the NASCAR license and make sure Daytona USA Wii comes out in 2008!!!! ROOLLLLIIINNGG STAAAARRRTTTTT!!!!

bigmakstudios said:
gamereactor46_116560.jpg

Why would Sega make Gamereactor remove the image of NiGHTS, but let them leave the word "NiGHTS" and "Sega's dream demon returns" right underneath the sillhouette? It doesn't add up imo...

:lol Good point. That does indeed make no sense whatsoever. Insert Sega doesnt make any sense anyway joke here.

However the game turns out, and whatever system it's on (you all know you're buying it anyway), let's give Sega some props on this one. I'm so f'ing stoked they decided to revive this franchise after ten years of us pining for it.

Hate on 'em if you want, but I'd say this is a damn good decision on their part.

OnWarmerMusic said:
However the game turns out, and whatever system it's on (you all know you're buying it anyway), let's give Sega some props on this one. I'm so f'ing stoked they decided to revive this franchise after ten years of us pining for it.

Hate on 'em if you want, but I'd say this is a damn good decision on their part.

yeah thats why they should keep it exclusive on one platform, it could become a heavy hitter, and not just whored to fade away.

They better be polishing the hell out of it regardless

Raistlin

topsyturvy said:
wouldn't flow be better on the wii, just saying

No ... because the control would be the same, but the graphics wouldn't.

Unfortunately, the same will be true with NiGHTs ... assuming the controls do not use more than waggle (which shouldn't, unless they are dramatically diverging from the original's gameplay).

Tabris

I think the sixaxis would oddly be the best controller for Nights. That motion sensing sucks for everything except for flying games. I mean it works perfectly for a game like flow, so Nights would control like flow except in 3d.

Tabris said:
I think the sixaxis would oddly be the best controller for Nights. That motion sensing sucks for everything except for flying games. I mean it works perfectly for a game like flow, so Nights would control like flow except in 3d.

Tabris! How did you like the last "Elliot" level in NiGHTS? I WANT TO TALK NiGHTS

temjin

Banned
Sixaxis would be odd. Atleast with the Wii remote/Nunchuk you're moving in a more free motion, your hands aren't stationed in the one position on the controller, which kind of defeats the free-movement and fluidity that Nights offers.

Johnny

I think the 360 controller would be able to best capture the original feel of NiGHTS since it so closely resembles the 3D Saturn controller in terms of triggers and analog stick placement. I've been waiting for this sequel forever and I really want to see it in HD, no Wii for me please.

Johnny said:
I think the 360 controller would be able to best capture the original feel of NiGHTS since it so closely resembles the 3D Saturn controller in terms of triggers and analog stick placement. I've been waiting for this sequel forever and I really want to see it in HD, no Wii for me please.

Segata cannot grant your wish :(

Oldschoolgamer

The physical form of blasphemy
Johnny said:

:lol

ethelred

Johnny said:

Uh... um... huh?

Johnny said:

I bet they package it with a saturn analog pad for whatever system it comes out on and own everyone.

Sega - 1, Console Fanboys - 0

Tabris

My memory of NiGHTS except the general feeling of awesomeness I get from it is faded. I hope they release a port along with the sequel. Maybe if it's released on PS3 or 360, we can't get a PSN/Arcade release of it!

Also Segata is dead :( He died saving Sega from the evil american! SEGATA SANSHIRO!!!

That's why Sega sucks now.

Tabris

Also to compare sixaxis with the Wii controller for NiGHTS is that you have to "point" with the Wii controller, so it won't give that "3d" feeling the sixaxis controller would give you.

I mean I'm with you guys that the sixaxis in general sucks for motion sensing and the Wii is awesome for most things, but I think for a game like this, the sixaxis has the edge.

It's most likely coming to the Wii though, so it's all good. I rather just "swirve" then "point" though.

Muppet345

Tabris said:
Also Segata is dead :( He died saving Sega from the evil american! SEGATA SANSHIRO!!!

That's why Sega sucks now.
He lives on in our hearts. And on our messageboard. I've never seen so many Segata tosses in one thread. It's nice to see what he's like in a battle frenzy. It must have been a while.

jeremy1456 said:
Officially, no.

All signs point to it being on the Wii, and the evidence suggests it will be exclusive.
At some point, everyone thought Soul Calibur 2 would be GC exclusive (even EGM ran a story about it). We can't be sure yet.

Kevar said:
He lives on in our hearts. And on our messageboard. I've never seen so many Segata tosses in one thread. It's nice to see what he's like in a battle frenzy. It must have been a while.

I've been working out in my new job as overseer of Yamauchi's underground sugar caves, buried deep in the Canadian Shield. Sometimes we need to use explosions to knock loose rock candy. That's when the tossin commences.

jeremy1456

Operations said:
At some point, everyone thought Soul Calibur 2 would be GC exclusive (even EGM ran a story about it). We can't be sure yet.

Famitsu ran a rumor about it nearly a year ago, and claimed it would be 'revolution exclusive'.

I hear the rumor section of famitsu is surprisingly reliable. Plus, I can't seriously imagine Sega porting a Wii game to the PS3 and Xbox 360.

Especially when development is so cheap on the Wii, which also happens to be tearing up worldwide sales charts.

Helzown

Tabris said:
Also to compare sixaxis with the Wii controller for NiGHTS is that you have to "point" with the Wii controller, so it won't give that "3d" feeling the sixaxis controller would give you.

I mean I'm with you guys that the sixaxis in general sucks for motion sensing and the Wii is awesome for most things, but I think for a game like this, the sixaxis has the edge.

It's most likely coming to the Wii though, so it's all good. I rather just "swirve" then "point" though.

To be fair, they could make it have the controls you desire on the Wii. They don't have to use the pointing functionality if they don't want to.

jeremy1456

Helzown said:
To be fair, they could make it have the controls you desire on the Wii. They don't have to use the pointing functionality if they don't want to.

Indeed, you are right.

The fact that there are so many NDAs though, along with the famitsu rumor, and ONM's 'world exclusive' just seem to suggest to me that it will be exclusive.

I could totally be wrong though. It is certainly doable on the other consoles.

Tabris

Yeah, I've played it to the side but it felt weird. It didn't feel like it flowed well, excuse the pun.

Wii controller is best for pointing or "action" controls (waggle, specific directions/motions, etc)

Tabris said:
Yeah, I've played it to the side but it felt weird. It didn't feel like it flowed well, excuse the pun.

Wii controller is best for pointing or "action" controls (waggle, specific directions/motions, etc)

Son, have you considered the difference EXCITE TRUCK the CHRIST can make in your life?

Eteric Rice

Segata Sanshiro said:
Son, have you considered the difference EXCITE TRUCK the CHRIST can make in your life?

Tabris is a hardcore Playstation fan. I'm not surprised he thinks the Sixaxis would be better.

Krowley

Like i said earlier in the thread, i can see sega doing two versions of this.. one for the wii/ps2/psp and another for the 360/ps3... throw in a version for the DS just for the hell of it.

It all depends on how this came about and what their intentions are.. The best thing in favor of it being a wii exclusive is that the franchise is very unusual and may not be a good fit for the ps3/360 demographic.. It's also possible that it's really taking advantage of the wiimote in some way and that would make ports difficult, sort of like raving rabbids.

Also, since nights is such a neglected property, they may not feel confident enough to invest the resources required to make a zillion versions of it. Maybe they want to sort of test the market with a single version and then if it takes off and sells well, they would make versions for the other consoles.

I would say things are slightly leaning towards wii exclusivity, but i think multiplatform is still a possibility.

Top Bottom