• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ninja Gaiden 3 Multiplayer Screenshots

I think it looks kinda cool. I mean, I need to see some footage before really passing judgement, but my interest is genuinely piqued. Mind you, my experience with the franchise only amounts to about 5-6 chapters out of Sigma 2.

Oldschoolgamer

The physical form of blasphemy
Why are they encouraging team kills? Lmao. I don't understand the reasoning behind this.

edit: if it's a mission, that's one thing. If it happens to much, it's bs.

Nizz

I'm surprised how much worse this looks visually than the SP. I'm looking forward to this since I'm hoping it won't be super difficult like the others so I can enjoy it frustration free.
Say what you will, but I'm in the same boat. I beat Ninja Gaiden Sigma on dog difficulty and I had fun. Hell, for me dog difficulty was challenging enough. ;)

But it's good that games like Ninja Gaiden exist for people who want a tougher challenge. I wonder if NG3 will be as challenging for more seasoned players?

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist
I might have missed some video or explanation that was supposed to go along with these. Feel free to share if I did.
ng3-online19nae28jmo.jpg
Yellow likes to watch.

Fjordson

Why are they encouraging team kills? Lmao. I don't understand the reasoning behind this.

edit: if it's a mission, that's one thing. If it happens to much, it's bs.
Yeah...I don't...I'm having a difficult time deciphering what exactly is going on in some of these shots. Or rather, who's slicing who.

bangai-o

Banned
I could see Itegaki sacrificing graphic whores for gameplay that is fast and precision. Maybe that philosophy stayed.

Raide

Yeah...I don't...I'm having a difficult time deciphering what exactly is going on in some of these shots. Or rather, who's slicing who.

Team Ninja.

Those shots reminded me a little of Tenchu. Damn they need a new version of that...

This multiplayer mode actually gaining a sizable active community with players that pour tens and hundreds of hours into it would be more shocking than Dick kickers winning GOTY.

Clearly you people are missing the bigger picture with the whole encouraging team killing thing.
Sure you can team kill but to do so would be to dishonor ones very existence and the sacred bond of online ninja trust, the player will be forever clouded by shame for the rest of their online days probably ending their own life connection as a meager attempt of redemption.
Seriously though why?

Clearly you people are missing the bigger picture with the whole encouraging team killing thing.
Sure you can team kill but to do so would be to dishonor ones very existence and the sacred bond of online ninja trust, the player will be forever clouded by shame for the rest of their online days probably ending their own life connection as a meager attempt of redemption.
Seriously though why?

Yeah, I don't get the team killing thing either. I just hope there's a free for all mode.

AAK

I've always wanted a mode like this in a game like Devil May Cry or Ninja Gaiden after playing the original Sigma. When you fight the doppelganger it was such an amazing battle that I felt had potential for multiplayer. Taken from the old trailer:

idMHLu6SJ0iCk.gif

Let's just hope the netcode will be improved for the final release and there will be more variety with the outfits since it was kind of hard to differentiate between players at times since a lot of them had the same colour.

Terrain and the vertical combat of Ninja Gaiden can really add a layer of depth in this multiplayer mode and even if it might not work out completely in this iteration, at least they're the first ones trying to take this step and maybe for Ninja Gaiden 4 we'll get something really spectacular. Great things always has to start somewhere.

I've always wanted a mode like this in a game like Devil May Cry or Ninja Gaiden after playing the original Sigma. When you fight the doppelganger it was such an amazing battle that I felt had potential for multiplayer. Taken from the old trailer:

idMHLu6SJ0iCk.gif

Let's just hope the netcode will be improved for the final release and there will be more variety with the outfits since it was kind of hard to differentiate between players at times since a lot of them had the same colour.

Terrain and the vertical combat of Ninja Gaiden can really add a layer of depth in this multiplayer mode and even if it might not work out completely in this iteration, at least they're the first ones trying to take this step and maybe for Ninja Gaiden 4 we'll get something really spectacular. Great things always has to start somewhere.

I loved the mission mode fights in Black too.

I'd hate to get all Smash Bros in here, but the vs mode would probably be way more fun 1v1.

And DLC weapons being the only means of variety in multi is an awful idea.

AAK

I loved the mission mode fights in Black too.

I'd hate to get all Smash Bros in here, but the vs mode would probably be way more fun 1v1.

And DLC weapons being the only means of variety in multi is an awful idea.

Let's hope they'll put the option of a 1 v 1 lobby in this game. I'm just worried about the netcode.

Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2's mission mode as fantastic when you could get a good connection with someone near you. But by the end of the life cycle, it was nearly impossible or you had to be extremely lucky someone was on at that time... Canadian ISP's don't help either :(

Throavium

idMHLu6SJ0iCk.gif

Well said AAK. Best thing about that small trailer is that it's all in game gameplay and it's all possible to pull off.

I can't wait to chop off some heads!

hahaha. flying swallow doesn't decap anymore.

That being said, i've dreamed of ninja gaiden multiplayer ever since the doppelganger fights in the original NG, but the way it's being incorporated isn't the way to do it imo.

I would've liked to see something similar to Dark Souls, where a doppelganger ninja can sneak into your world and fight you or something. Or at least have some more variety in the MP outfits, damn. I wonder how MP would have worked with Itagaki at the helm.

wiggleb0t

Banned
Lack of blood and dismemberment is shamefully laughable.

You attack someone with a sword, you cut at the limbs, yet only a spray of blood appears and the limbs remain intact.... ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING ME!? However they came to this conclusion to tone back blood and dismemberment is just mind boggling.

Top Bottom