• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ninja gaiden [DS] new screens, art

rakka

really looking forward to this one...

ninja-gaiden-dragon-sword-20070828051516053.jpg

ninja-gaiden-dragon-sword-20070828051517522.jpg

ninja-gaiden-dragon-sword-20070828051516600.jpg
ninja-gaiden-dragon-sword-20070828051517085.jpg

ninja-gaiden-dragon-sword-20070828051518022.jpg

from IGN

blame space said:
Looks great, but I'm still skeptical about the controls.
I'm skeptical about the team developing it. It's being made by the subgroup of Team Ninja that made the DOAXBV games, not Ninja Gaiden or the fighting games. I'm not convinced that they can make good games.

a Master Ninja said:
I'm skeptical about the team developing it. It's being made by the subgroup of Team Ninja that made the DOAXBV games, not Ninja Gaiden or the fighting games. I'm not convinced that they can make good games.

I thought whats his name was developing it. I cant remember his name, but hes that guy from Tecmo.

super funk said:
I thought whats his name was developing it. I cant remember his name, but hes that guy from Tecmo.
Itagaki (the guy in my avatar) oversees Team Kunai and Team Kunoichi.

Team Kunai
-Dead or Alive 3 (XB) 2001
-Ninja Gaiden (XB) 2004
-Ninja Gaiden Black (XB) 2005
-Dead or Alive 4 (360) 2005
-Ninja Gaiden 2 (360) tba

Team Kunoichi
-Dead or Alive Xtreme Beach Volleyball (XB) 2003
-Dead or Alive Ultimate (XB) 2004
-Dead or Alive Xtreme 2 (360) 2006
-Ninja Gaiden: Dragon Sword (DS) 2007

Hayashi oversees Team Sigma, which focuses solely on PS3 development. They made Ninja Gaiden Sigma and are rumored to now be working on a title "using the DOA franchise".

Ashodin

a Master Ninja said:
Xtreme Ball Vehicle?

Llyranor

I'm not concerned about the stylus. It's been able to provide fast-paced and precise controls in other games already. Properly made, stylus games are awesome.

a Master Ninja said:

Team Kunai
-Ninja Gaiden (XB) 2004

Team Kunoichi

Hayashi oversees Team Sigma, which focuses solely on PS3 development. They made Ninja Gaiden Sigma and are rumored to now be working on a title "using the DOA franchise".

Dead or Alive Ultimate was actually a pretty kickass game. It was the first to go online and got the franchise back on-track by reverting to a harder countering system.

I have no doubts about this game. Itagaki wouldn't allow this game to be anything but Awesome. And the videos and impressions so far back up this sentiment.

KachoMakura said:
Dead or Alive Ultimate was actually a pretty kickass game. It was the first to go online and got the franchise back on-track by reverting to a harder countering system.
He had some top engineers work on the netcode (a major reason the game was made in the first place was to get a foundation to build off of for DOA4), but really all Kunoichi was doing was giving a visual upgrade to a solid game Kunai made years before. In the same respect Team Sigma needs to prove they can make good original games, because Sigma was just piggy-backing Kunai's work.

KachoMakura said:
I have no doubts about this game. Itagaki wouldn't allow this game to be anything but Awesome. And the videos and impressions so far back up this sentiment.
I am a DS owner and I love Ninja Gaiden, so believe me when I say I want this game to be awesome. I just am usually disappointed with this specific team's work so I'm a bit skeptical.

a Master Ninja said:

Team Kunai
-Ninja Gaiden (XB) 2004

Team Kunoichi

Yes, thats the guy. I knew it started with an I, but I kept thinking of Iga, and I knew that wasnt him.

Top Bottom