• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ninja Gaiden Ryu Hayabusa mod released for Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice

CyberPanda

Banned
Ninja Gaiden and Sekiro fans, here is something for you today. Christianbliss has released a brand new mod that brings the iconic ninja, Ryu Hayabusa, to FromSoftware’s latest action/stealth game, Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice.

Given the fact that these games share a similar Japanese setting, it makes perfect sense to let players control Hayabusa in this action/stealth title. To be honest, it would also make sense to have KOEI Tecmo and FromSoftware collaborate for an official DLC (similar to the collaboration between Monster Hunter World and The Witcher 3).
As the modder noted, and even though this 3D model also replaces Wolf’s model for all the in-game cut-scenes, its rigging is not perfect. In fact, Christianbliss described as “kinda bad” so expect to see some visual glitches and inconsistencies here and there. Still, the mod is functional and I’m pretty sure that some players will be interested in it.

You can download this Ninja Gaiden mod for Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice from here. In order to install it, you’ll also have to download Mod Engine and follow its instructions. You’ll also have to unzip the mod file and copy the /parts folder over to the /mods folder in Sekiro’s directory.

Ninja-Gaiden-Sekiro-1-1038x576.jpg

One smexy gam3r

Walmart's Employee of the Month
We need to get some Ninja Gaiden remasters or remakes for current gen, I am tired of only having Ninja Gaiden Black and Ninja Gaiden II as an option to play. I personally prefer NGB & NGIII Razor's Edge over NGII. I only like the earlier levels and limb dismemberments in NG II, the repetitive boss battles and horrible story makes Ryu look ineffectual to me. Why must he fight the same bosses like 20 times over? Also F that last boss, so tedious. A remake or remaster of Ninja Gaiden Black would be beyond epic and amazing.

One smexy gam3r

ALL Ninja Gaiden games have a terrible story.

But damn, I really want Ninja Gaiden 4.

Honestly man, Ninja Gaiden 1/Black story is pretty decent, now Ninja Gaiden III's story was enjoyable action b movie cringe. Ryu fights a freaking Dinosaur. I mainly hate Ninja Gaiden 2's story due to the 1 gazillion boss fights with the same bosses, and something lacking in the story.

Shifty

Fuckin' YES!

Fitting that he gets modded into the only game since NG to have similarly god-tier block mechanics.

Last edited:

3March

Banned
Honestly man, Ninja Gaiden 1/Black story is pretty decent, now Ninja Gaiden III's story was enjoyable action b movie cringe. Ryu fights a freaking Dinosaur. I mainly hate Ninja Gaiden 2's story due to the 1 gazillion boss fights with the same bosses, and something lacking in the story.
I have to disagree. NGB's story is riddled with plot holes, has minimal character development, and a laughable villain.
Ninja Gaiden 3's story was boring, incomprehensible, and stupid.

Jigsaah

Gold Member
I have to disagree. NGB's story is riddled with plot holes, has minimal character development, and a laughable villain.
Ninja Gaiden Black's story = how high of a combo can i get with these bladed nunchuks.

Also = When do I get to the arcade cabinet so I can go play classic Ninja Gaiden.

One smexy gam3r

What plot holes may I ask? Minimal character development? Really? I felt Ryu grew. Boring? Laughable villain? Hell naw to the naw naw naw lol.

I actually find NG III/RE to be a guilty pleasure, from story to combat. Now I will say F the plane boss in Razor's Edge, I almost broke a controller on that boss battle.

Last edited:

3March

Banned
What plot holes may I ask? Minimal character development? Really? I felt Ryu grew. Boring? Laughable villain? Hell naw to the naw naw naw lol.

I actually find NG III/RE to be a guilty pleasure, from story to combat. Now I will say F the plane boss in Razor's Edge, I almost broke a controller on that boss battle.
Okay, here are a bunch of unanswered questions in Ninja Gaiden 1.
- How did the Vigoor emperor come into being? Did Vigoor transform him or something?
- Is Gurdu some sort of worshipped god?
- Where the hell did Ryu's father go? (Not the NES trilogy)
- How the hell did Ayane get to Tairon?
- Why would Gamov work with Murai, the guy that apparently killed him according to Genshin?

I'm not sure how anyone could see Ninja Gaiden's story as anything but a joke.

I know so damn little about Ryu. I don't know what he likes, what he wants, his flaws, his relationships with other people aren't really expanded upon (Although apparently, he and Irene are an item. Who knew?).

But dude, it's okay to admit that Ninja Gaiden had a bad story. That's not even what the games are about anyway: They're about crazy action, and how awesome you can look while hacking and slashing through enemies.

Shifty

I know so damn little about Ryu. I don't know what he likes, what he wants, his flaws, his relationships with other people aren't really expanded upon (Although apparently, he and Irene are an item. Who knew?).

But dude, it's okay to admit that Ninja Gaiden had a bad story. That's not even what the games are about anyway: They're about crazy action, and how awesome you can look while hacking and slashing through enemies.
The story worked decently well as a conveyance for more brutal hack'n'slashing, that much is for sure.

I kinda prefer not knowing much about Ryu- it makes him a good avatar for the action without getting bogged down too hard in backstory. Cringed mightily hard when they revealed his face and did the whole daddy subplot in 3.

3March

Banned
You have to admit though, 3 did have some cool moments too. I loved that opening boss fight with red hooded guy in Razor's Edge(he was harder).
The fight itself wasn't that good, if you ask me. But the Regent of the Mask was a pretty fun villain while he still had self-awareness, and before he was revealed to be Canna's father.

Shifty

What? It is a great game with great sense of humor.
Romero zombies, mashy combat and lol so random humor are about as far removed from Ninja Gaiden as you can get. In the context of the series, it's a bad joke.

Taken in its own right as a competitior to the likes of Lollipop Chainsaw I can maybe see it, but that shit is several miles out of my wheelhouse.

Top Bottom