• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ninja Gaiden's bosses make me wanna pull my hair out

CO_Andy

Just beat the Greater Fiend Alma not too long ago, after much grief and loss. Geez, i swear that just about every major level boss thus far has been a gigantic pain in the arse. It wouldn't be so bad if every attack didn't took almost always half yer life... and it's only Normal mode! HOLY @#$%!

I actually found alma to be one of the easier bosses (her first form at least), but yeah, they're difficult, but NEVER cheap

they just bitch slap you for trying the same thing over and over again and not attempting a different strategy.

CO_Andy said:
Just beat the Greater Fiend Alma not too long ago, after much grief and loss. Geez, i swear that just about every major level boss thus far has been a gigantic pain in the arse. It wouldn't be so bad if every attack didn't took almost always half yer life... and it's only Normal mode! HOLY @#$%!
Upgrade to level 3 or at least 2 and I found her the easiest boss in the game. I only got hit by her once in Ninja Gaiden Black.

beat

CO_Andy said:
It wouldn't be so bad if every attack didn't took almost always half yer life... and it's only Normal mode! HOLY @#$%!
Don't get hit. I'm not being snarky here; the way to win against most of the bosses is to learn their attack precursors and get your evade timing down. (or block timing, assuming the attack is even blockable). Then you're free to, er, counterattack for massive damage.

MrDaravon

The first Alma was the only boss I had really really bad problems with. The camera kept screwing me when I was on the sides :(

It's not all downhill from there or anything, but I never reset on any other part nearly as much as that one.

keanerie

beat said:
Don't get hit. I'm not being snarky here; the way to win against most of the bosses is to learn their attack precursors and get your evade timing down. (or block timing, assuming the attack is even blockable). Then you're free to, er, counterattack for massive damage.

:lol

The only bosses that gave me any issues were the first one, the dude you fight in the dojo, mainly because you have such limited special moves at that point, and you're still getting the feel for the controls, and Alma in her first form. Other than that, I think I breezed through the other bosses. Some of them aren't that tough at all.

DaCocoBrova

Finally bought a new PSP, but then pushed the demon onto someone else. Jesus.
Kung Fu Jedi said:
The only bosses that gave me any issues were the first one, the dude you fight in the dojo, mainly because you have such limited special moves at that point, and you're still getting the feel for the controls, and Alma in her first form. Other than that, I think I breezed through the other bosses. Some of them aren't that tough at all.

That was easy. In fact, I think that's the only boss I ever defeated in the game. I'm at the bridge w/ the dude on the horse and have no intentions of wasting any more time trying to get past that part.

There any speed run vids of NG/NG:B?

Papi

The first bosses just felt hard because you're still learning the game. Once you get used to everything, the game isn't really that hard.

RyuHayate

Alma was pretty easy for me. I knocked her down with the fireball ninpo while she was airborn and I just went to town with her with katana from there.

yeah, it's amazing how different your first and second playthroughs can be. Took me about 20 hours to beat it the first time I played it, then the second playthrough was like 10 hours, lol

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
The funniest thing is while this game is like my favourite game of all time, and I've beaten it so much times on different difficulties, the boss that gives me the most problems (not that I cannot beat the boss, I mean the one that takes the most effort and actually damages me because of lack of patience) is Greater Fiend Alma - I get so impatient with her, and just try to rush her down everytime, and that is where you pay against her... and when she makes you pay, oh boy do you pay...

Not even Alma I gives me any trouble compared to GF Alma... it's crazy... and Alma I is known around the web as one of the hardest bosses EVER - she was the reason so much people stopped playing for crying out loud!

But no one ever mentions Alma II... heh heh... she never kills me ofcourse, because by then my inventory is always full, but I really hate to get hit in this game, and she almost always gets me atleast once...

Speevy

Banned
All you have to do is stay light on your feet. Ninja Gaiden is a game of reflexes and defense. Once you learn how to time your jumps, dodges, and strikes, each fight becomes very manageable. Don't get sucked into her little tractor beam. If you time it right, you can do a ninpo attack (fire) right under her and knock her down while she's trying to suck you up. If you time it REALLY well, you can do a downward slash for maximum damage.

Wait until you're facing new Alma and Ishtaros at the same time.

Beatbox said:
Don't feel bad - I can't even beat the Samurai Horseman :lol

kill the other soldiers so that they release their essence orb thingies. Hold Y to start charging up your attack, absorbing all the essence, and then when horsey guy gets close, let go. Win!

(easier said than done I know, but that's the general strategy I use)

sinseers

CO_Andy said:

That's Ninja Gaiden for ya. Really hard and really rewarding.

PS: Attention mods. I was banned 2 weeks ago and was not given a reason as to why. I didn't cuss at anybody or call anyone any names and I dont post pics so could you please elaborate as to why I was banned please? Thanks in advance.

Speevy

Banned
sinseers said:
That's Ninja Gaiden for ya. Really hard and really rewarding.

PS: Attention mods. I was banned 2 weeks ago and was not given a reason as to why. I didn't cuss at anybody or call anyone any names and I dont post pics so could you please elaborate as to why I was banned please? Thanks in advance.

They respond to PMs.

BuddyC, Amir0x, bishoptl, plenty of others.

camel

alma was the hardest boss of any game i ever played. period.

took me 3 nights at about 2 hours a session to finally best her.

Speevy

Banned
The freakiest thing is when you come up from fighting all those giant fossils and think you're going to get a break because you've already been there.

Then BOOM, window breaks.

Tsubaki

As many people said, Alma is really not that difficult. When I was learning the game, she gave me a really hard time. It took me many attempts but I triumphed. I forgot what happened, but I ended up reloading from that earlier save and had to fight her again - this time, she didn't even touch me.

I didn't have much trouble with her on Hard either.

bluemax

Banned
DaCocoBrova said:
That was easy. In fact, I think that's the only boss I ever defeated in the game. I'm at the bridge w/ the dude on the horse and have no intentions of wasting any more time trying to get past that part.

There any speed run vids of NG/NG:B?

There's some dude Koiyori or something who did a segmented speed run of NGB. It was kinda cool, although most of the game he just ran past everything. I saw over on SDA some guy was gonna do a single segment run but I don't think that ever panned out.

Top Bottom