• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo 2011/2012 Fiscal Meeting 26/04 [Update: Full Notes In OP, DD System, More]

Medalion

Banned
Wait, am I reading this right? Gabe Newell just walked on-stage!? WHAT'S HAPPENING, GUYS

tumblr_lm6zs2lfYd1qj2870o1_400.gif

lol

Roo

Only has 6 in top 20 titles in usa versus over 15 in top 20 in japan, usa should be 3x jp performance

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
I asked him. Reggie interrupted and said "You already have Mario, what more could you possibly want?"

3DS 6 out of top 20 titles in US (15 out of top 20 in Japan) ← considered disappointing, looks like

Seems like the right portion given what's out here and out there.

Oddduck

Whether people like it or not, Japan gamers and American gamers have different tastes in games.

If Nintendo wants more 3DS games in the top 20 in the U.S., they need more games that appeal specifically to western tastes. Releasing just any random games is not good enough.

Damn, even though Paper Mario & Animal Crossing are 2012 for Japan, they are still TBA for America. I hope they come out this year... and why isn't Teatrhythm listed on America 2012? I hope that's just a typo (Even so, SE already announced it so eh.)

Sandfox

Nintendo seeing Smash Bros as the key to the US kinda makes me thing we will be getting the 3DS version sooner than we think

THEN BRING MORE GAMES OVER

In fairness, their hands are a bit tied in that respect - they can't do much to make Western support better, and most of the third party titles that have done well in Japan in recent months either aren't suited to Western audiences or will take at least a few months of localization time. I wonder if LM2 and PM have already been completed and are being stupidly held back in the West, though.

AzaK

Whether people like it or not, Japan gamers and American gamers have different tastes in games.

If Nintendo wants more 3DS games in the top 20, they need more games that appeal specifically to western tastes. Releasing just any random games is not good enough.

This is Nintendo's ongoing problem.

Top Bottom