• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo 3DS Revealed [N-CONF] - Releasing in 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.
Amano's true calling is traditional art. Nomura's true calling is fashion design. They both have interesting and different things to offer the game industry.

Fashion design that can only exist in a video game. I love Nomura's stuff, but man it must be tough on the cosplayers. Wonder how long it takes to make a dress out of connecting belts.

cosmicblizzard said:
Fashion design that can only exist in a video game. I love Nomura's stuff, but man it must be tough on the cosplayers. Wonder how long it takes to make a dress out of connecting belts.
Most fashion design is totally impractical for real life. Just watch any of the haut-couture fashion shows.

ILikeFeet

Banned
Segata Sanshiro said:
Most fashion design is totally impractical for real life. Just watch any of the haut-couture fashion shows.
JoJo?

Anyway, Nomura's designs aren't bad to look at, though they do overuse some elements. Thankfully, TWEWY doesn't have this problem. The only thing that pisses me off is 3Ds usage of KH1 designs, which are inferior to the KH2 designs. Though we don't exacly know when the game takes place (prolly after Re:Coded)

Boney

Banned
ILikeFeet said:
JoJo?

Anyway, Nomura's designs aren't bad to look at, though they do overuse some elements. Thankfully, TWEWY doesn't have this problem. The only thing that pisses me off is 3Ds usage of KH1 designs, which are inferior to the KH2 designs. Though we don't exacly know when the game takes place (prolly after Re:Coded)
Nomura only designed Neku (bleagh) and Shiki (meh)..

ILikeFeet

Banned
Boney said:
Nomura only designed Neku (bleagh) and Shiki (meh)..
Yea, but they are much better than his usual. Thought I am impartial towards Sora's KH2 outfit and it's variations (Brave and Final especially).

ILikeFeet said:
JoJo?

Jojo designs make less sense than Nomura designs.

Boney

Banned
Fear leads to anger, anger leads to hate, hate leads to suffering.

YodaBackpack.jpg

Boney

Banned
cosmicblizzard said:
What the hell are you guys doing? Get a room.
Who Posted?
Total Posts: 7,514
User Name Posts
Boney 310
Gravijah 265
ILikeFeet 259

This is our room :lol

at least until they ban all of us

Pimpbaa

It's bad enough when this thread gets bumped with no 3DS news, but it's even worse when it's off topic (and on that hack Nomura besides!).

Boney said:
Who Posted?
Total Posts: 7,514
User Name Posts
Boney 310
Gravijah 265
ILikeFeet 259

This is our room :lol

at least until they ban all of us

Every time I see you and Gravijah posting in the same thread, it either ends with an argument or sex. Do you know each other in real life or something?

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
Does anyone know how well PZ0 did on the DS? I know I thought PSP1/2 did much better on the PSP. I just hope that doesn't discourage Sega from trying another game for the 3DS. PS0 was a valiant effort to make an online PS game on the DS, but alas the DS just wasn't equipped to handle that sort of thing.

Jackano

Brettison said:
Does anyone know how well PZ0 did on the DS? I know I thought PSP1/2 did much better on the PSP. I just hope that doesn't discourage Sega from trying another game for the 3DS. PS0 was a valiant effort to make an online PS game on the DS, but alas the DS just wasn't equipped to handle that sort of thing.
Frak. We need definitely Blue Burst on 3DS. Regarding Ep.I&II was already done on Gamecube... Sega does what Nintendon't, and the 3DS have everything, even Ocarina of Time!

We will be back on Ragol in less than 2 years!

Gravijah

cosmicblizzard said:
Every time I see you and Gravijah posting in the same thread, it either ends with an argument or sex. Do you know each other in real life or something?

Love can bloom on the battlefield.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
Jackano said:
Frak. We need definitely Blue Burst on 3DS. Regarding Ep.I&II was already done on Gamecube... Sega does what Nintendon't, and the 3DS have everything, even Ocarina of Time!

To be fair some of us on PCs haven't left yet. :p

Still I wonder how the game would translate using 3D. The extra depth might help in some of the boss arenas where the skybox and extended environment looks sort of pasted on outside of the usable boss arena such as the dragon boss's arena in the forest.

Boney

Banned
cosmicblizzard said:
263zl76.jpg

Jackano said:

Definately excited about this prospect.

Jackano

Brettison said:
To be fair some of us on PCs haven't left yet. :p

Still I wonder how the game would translate using 3D. The extra depth might help in some of the boss arenas where the skybox and extended environment looks sort of pasted on outside of the usable boss arena such as the dragon boss's arena in the forest.
Yeah I noticed the other thread, but I don't know exactly why I do not want to jump again in PSO on PC (I played BB back in 2005). I could have post this message in the "what the 3DS needs to be perfect for you" topic too.

Vic

Please help me with my bad english
Something just hit me: Baseball games should be great in 3D!

HAL_Laboratory said:
Hey guys, I'm out of the loop. Has there been anything substantial announced/shown regarding 3DS since E3?
There's going to be a conference the Sept. 29th where the launch date, price and other info about the 3DS will be announced.

Vic said:
There's going to be a conference the Sept. 29th where the launch date, price and other info about the 3DS will be announced.
And before that, I wouldn't be surprised to see a bank of the things at PAX (September 3-5)

Poyunch

Looking back now on the Giant Bombcast I'm a bit worried about how developers are going to use 3D. There's a mindset of things popping out of the screen rather than using it as some sort of enhancement for depth-of-field.

Dear god, now the FAQ's been locked!

Here it is for reference:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=404493

So now what's going to be the overall thread? May as well be this I guess (until it gets locked as well...).

Well, we now have My Garden by EA to add to the list.

I also wanted to ask, is RAM a huge deciding factor of graphical capabilities? Like the more there is, the more of its true potential can be used?

Seems like the Wii only has 88MB of RAM:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=404493

Is it likely that the 3DS could have 128MB of RAM as I've seen a few speculate? Could that help explain why the 3DS is seemingly kicking the Wii's ass graphically?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom