• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo: All Guns Blazing

pvpness

Wolfgunblood Garopa said:
If I was speaking for myself, I wouldn't have used 'we'. I have yet to talk to anyone about it that was satisfied with it as the long awaited new Kid Icarus game.
You seemingly missed the sequel. :(

It's not like Nintendo games don't have voice acting, they will just never be like Uncharted. They're not going to hire Nolan North to come to Japan to vocap Ganondorf. It simply won't happen.

But they did get all the old Starfox 64 actors (or so they say) to redub all their old lines and localized them for every country. Epic Yarn last year had a narrator reading all the lines and for what that game was going for, it worked out pretty well. Kid Icarus has voice acting. Mario Sunshine had voice acting. Metroid Prime 3 had full voiced dialogue. Other M had full voice acting.

The problem is that it's not very good and probably never will be very good.

Another problem is that, no matter how they voice the characters, it will never sound like how it does in my head. I have a voice for Impa in my head that they will never find a proper corollary for, so it is always going to sound weird to me.

But I think they're going to do it eventually.

Teknoman

Wolfgunblood Garopa said:
They can't even be bothered to publish Last Story and Xenoblade in the US- late in the console's life, during a drought.

Other M was lame.

They're going the same direction with Kid Icarus- screwing up a sure thing.

I'm not even seeing what's fresh and interesting about what they do. It's safe, expected typical Nintendo.

How is Kid Icarus screwing up a sure thing? That game looks great!

manueldelalas

Time Traveler
StevieP said:
Or vastly more cheesy (even with a good voice actor and script), completely undermining the gravitas of the character.
Well, he has the laugh in OOT (I think), and he speaks/shouts a lot in Smash and in other Zelda game, I think a voiced Ganondorf is very near, and I really wouldn't mind...

There may have been 7 Call of Duty titles in the last decade but that doesn't excuse Nintendo's propensity to endlessly retread the same old franchises while including design decisions from 1992 (like single player unlocks in games like MarioKart, so fucking stupid).

Also if you want to look at milking a franchise, Pokemon puts CoD to shame. By far. Pokemon might be the most heavily milked thing in the world of things.

In my mind, Ganondorf has a certain smarm about him that I feel could be easily ruined if my head isn't doing the voice acting.

I'm sure that one day he will be voiced, but it won't be the voice I've been hearing him in for years.

Penguin

ShockingAlberto said:
In my mind, Ganondorf has a certain smarm about him that I feel could be easily ruined if my head isn't doing the voice acting.

I'm sure that one day he will be voiced, but it won't be the voice I've been hearing him in for years.

Not much, but he sounds like the laugh from The Wind Waker in my head now.

Also, while Mario has a voice, I would honestly hate for that to be used in a full game without stabbing out my ears.

Penguin said:
Not much, but he sounds like the laugh from The Wind Waker in my head now.

Also, while Mario has a voice, I would honestly hate for that to be used in a full game without stabbing out my ears.
Of all companies, Sega might have the right idea with Sonic.

No, no, not douchebag Sonic. The classic one from Generations.

He doesn't talk, but other characters do. He just does kind of silent, Mickey Mouse-style actions. That's probably the best thing for Mario.

It's like in Mario RPGs where they ask him a question and his response is to jump. It works for him.

Sadist

ShockingAlberto said:

And that's why I hope Nintendo will never add voiceacting in Zelda. Call me crazy, but the characters being mute actually enhances my personal experience with the series. There are so many games out there whose voiceactors have a negative impact on the overall experience.

I just hope Nintendo does the right thing here and ends up all right.

I'm still waiting for the inevitable 3DS redesign to buy one......

Im_So_Pringles said:
I just hope Nintendo does the right thing here and ends up all right.

I'm still waiting for the inevitable 3DS redesign to buy one......

They already have done the right thing: Dropped the price of the 3DS.

The games problem will be solved by the end of the year, and at the end of the 3DS' first year on the market it'll have a solid library of titles to pick from.

StevieP

Banned
FieryBalrog said:
There may have been 7 Call of Duty titles in the last decade but that doesn't excuse Nintendo's propensity to endlessly retread the same old franchises while including design decisions from 1992 (like single player unlocks in games like MarioKart, so fucking stupid).

Do go on. Which franchises have been endlessly retreated?

Also if you want to look at milking a franchise, Pokemon puts CoD to shame. By far. Pokemon might be the most heavily milked thing in the world of things.

Is Pokemon the only one you could come up with?

dream

I don't see how anyone can begrudge the milking of franchises -- from Call of Duty to Pokemon -- when people are still buying them in droves.

Penguin

FieryBalrog said:

Yeah, not sure why Nintendo doesn't charge us to unlock characters and karts.

And a lot of games still do the whole unlock/gain EXP in single player.

The smartest way is to blur the line like something like Borderlands.

And yeah, as much as people point at Zelda, Mario, etc, Pokemon and Mario Party are/were the biggest two offenders.

Granted, I honestly don't know what they could do to shake up the Pokemon franchise... (insert make it a console MMO comment)

FieryBalrog said:

Uh...

Red/Blue in '98
Gold/Silver in '00
Ruby/Sapphire in '03
Fire Red/Leaf Green in '04
Diamond/Pearl in '07
Heart Gold/Soul Silver in '10
Black/White in '11

Taking into account US release years, of course.

For the "Main Series", that's seven releases in thirteen years. Technically you could pull Fire Red/Leaf Green and Heart Gold/Soul Silver out since those are remakes and not new games, but I won't split hairs that much.

Edit: Also doesn't include "Third Game" releases, but those are generally the same as the original release with additions. a "GOTY" edition, if you will.

Still not quite as much as Call of Duty's eight releases in eight years, but a better argument than Mario Kart, I'll give you that.

If you want to talk spin-offs, I can compile a list of that too, but Pokemon tends to mix up genres for it's spin-offs, so I'm not entirely sure that counts.

ivysaur12

Banned
dream said:
I don't see how anyone can begrudge the milking of franchises -- from Call of Duty to Pokemon -- when people are still buying them in droves.

This. Who the fuck cares.

And at least Mario constantly reinvents itself, in the main series at lease.

StevieP

Banned
Penguin said:
Yeah, not sure why Nintendo doesn't charge us to unlock characters and karts.

This. Nintendo still follows the "tradition" of offering the content as a free unlockable to reward players with skill or who complete the game, rather than resorting to microtransactions.

And at least Mario constantly reinvents itself, in the main series at least.

That too. Galaxy 2 being the only exception in recent memory.

MH+PSP

Just an image showing what a big deal Monster Hunter has been for PSP. It's been 20-25% of total software sales for a long time. I don't have a group for just DS Pokémon games so I can't do a similar image there, but it looks like Pokémon and its spinoffs are about 13-14% of DS software. The extra stick is a crazy-ass thing, but the software announced alongside of it is kind of a big deal.

GDGF

Soothsayer
Was somebody really asking to pay for unlockables in a Nintendo game? Who the fuck wants that? Use your skill.

watershed

Banned
Speaking of "all guns blazing" Nintendo is set to release a new metallic rose dsi xl on the 18th. That doesn't seem to signal a winding down of the ds line. Clearly the color is geared towards the female audience whom Nintendo feels are more likely to purchase a ds now as opposed to the male market who usually purchase a product earlier in its life cycle. Still it does seem odd to me, you'd think Nintendo would want to push people towards the 3ds. Maybe they know the 3ds software line up can't support that market yet?

artwalknoon said:
Speaking of "all guns blazing" Nintendo is set to release a new metallic rose dsi xl on the 18th. That doesn't seem to signal a winding down of the ds line. Clearly the color is geared towards the female audience whom Nintendo feels are more likely to purchase a ds now as opposed to the male market who usually purchase a product earlier in its life cycle. Still it does seem odd to me, you'd think Nintendo would want to push people towards the 3ds. Maybe they know the 3ds software line up can't support that market yet?

Why should they wind down the DS so quickly? They kept selling the Game Boy Color long into the life of the Game Boy Advance, and the Game Boy Advance sold long into the life of the DS.

Branduil

ShockingAlberto said:
It's not like Nintendo games don't have voice acting, they will just never be like Uncharted. They're not going to hire Nolan North to come to Japan to vocap Ganondorf. It simply won't happen.

But they did get all the old Starfox 64 actors (or so they say) to redub all their old lines and localized them for every country. Epic Yarn last year had a narrator reading all the lines and for what that game was going for, it worked out pretty well. Kid Icarus has voice acting. Mario Sunshine had voice acting. Metroid Prime 3 had full voiced dialogue. Other M had full voice acting.

The problem is that it's not very good and probably never will be very good.

Another problem is that, no matter how they voice the characters, it will never sound like how it does in my head. I have a voice for Impa in my head that they will never find a proper corollary for, so it is always going to sound weird to me.

But I think they're going to do it eventually.
I still say SOTC and Midna-esque babble language is the way to go for Zelda.

Owzers

i'll agree when Xenoblade and Last Story get announced for U.S. release along with a 3DS revision with dual sliders. Until then, my opinion of Nintendo is very low.

AbsoluteZero said:
Why should they wind down the DS so quickly? They kept selling the Game Boy Color long into the life of the Game Boy Advance, and the Game Boy Advance sold long into the life of the DS.
They'd do it in order to satisfy the Nintendo-is-doomed people who think that Nintendo can't sell the DS and 3DS at the same time because it's impossible to get consumers to understand that they are different products, thus hurting the 3DS badly, or something like that.

It's just not true, all the 3DS needs is some better marketing and more games and it'll be okay. And yes, just like the GB, GBC, and GBA before it, the DS is lasting past the release of its successor. The DS won't last anywhere near as long after the release of the 3DS as the GBA did after the release of the DS, though, at least not with first party releases for sure... but of course, the DS was released just 3 1/2 years into the GBA's life, while the 3DS was released much, much later than that in the DS's, if you don't count the DSi as something separate of course that is, even though it probably should be considered separeately.

But anyway, the DS is obviously extremely successful, and of course Nintendo's going to keep going with it at least through this year. I'd expect it to start getting significantly toned down next year, but this year they are still pushing it, as they should be. I know that kiling off an older platform early to try to get people to move to your next one works once in a while -- NCL's move to force NOA to kill the GBA in late 2006/early 2007 worked -- but it's a dangerous thing to do. I mean, it sure backfired badly on Sega in 1995, when they dropped or cut back on everything other than the Saturn in order to focus on that... no, killing off the DS earlier this year would not make sense, and nor would it help the 3DS a lot when the system's main problem is a lack of games, and that problem won't go away by just emphasizing the DS less!

BurntPork

Banned
AbsoluteZero said:
A.) The early life of the DS was negatively impacted by the GBA chugging along.

B.) THE GENERAL MARKET STILL THINKS THAT THE 3DS IS NOTHING MORE THAN A DS WITH 3D!!!!!!!!!!

A Black Falcon said:
They'd do it in order to satisfy the Nintendo-is-doomed people who think that Nintendo can't sell the DS and 3DS at the same time because it's impossible to get consumers to understand that they are different products, thus hurting the 3DS badly, or something like that.

It's just not true, all the 3DS needs is some better marketing and more games and it'll be okay. And yes, just like the GB, GBC, and GBA before it, the DS is lasting past the release of its successor. The DS won't last anywhere near as long after the release of the 3DS as the GBA did after the release of the DS, though, at least not with first party releases for sure... but of course, the DS was released just 3 1/2 years into the GBA's life, while the 3DS was released much, much later than that in the DS's, if you don't count the DSi as something separate of course that is, even though it probably should be considered separeately.

But anyway, the DS is obviously extremely successful, and of course Nintendo's going to keep going with it at least through this year. I'd expect it to start getting significantly toned down next year, but this year they are still pushing it, as they should be. I know that kiling off an older platform early to try to get people to move to your next one works once in a while -- NCL's move to force NOA to kill the GBA in late 2006/early 2007 worked -- but it's a dangerous thing to do. I mean, it sure backfired badly on Sega in 1995, when they dropped or cut back on everything other than the Saturn in order to focus on that... no, killing off the DS earlier this year would not make sense, and nor would it help the 3DS a lot when the system's main problem is a lack of games, and that problem won't go away by just emphasizing the DS less!
NoA has no idea how to market the 3DS as a new product. Unless NoA replaces their entire marketing department with competent people, they either have to kill off DS or deal with PSP-like sales next year.

I'd probably jump in with a twin stick 3DS Lite (with better battery life). Not interested at the moment though.

Games are looking promising!

Diffense

Now that Nintendo has sufficiently alienated me, it is clear how strange Nintendo fans can appear on forums.
The fact that they make some games that are well liked doesn't change the fact that some things are wrong with the company.
Fans of game franchises by other companies (Square, Capcom) can see and openly admit this but a true Nintendo fan has to show fanatic loyalty.

The recent Frankenstick debacle was interesting for its demonstration of this phenomenon.
As of now, I don't consider it a big deal though it does highlight a deficiency of the 3DS.
However at the time of the 01net rumour we were told how STUPID it would be for Nintendo to do that and how delusional it was for anyone to entertain the thought.
Now, after the Frankenstick has been revealed I've come to understand how it is just indicative of Nintendo's willingness to work with third parties and "it's a good thing".
And no, it's not beceause Nintendo is planning a dual stick revision in the near future: that' STUPID.
*Cue dual stick revision*

As polished as Nintendo's games can be, they will sometimes make self-injurious business decisions.
I love my N64, but their arrogant decisions with that machine basically cost them the market of traditional gamers.
The Gamecube, a system designed to address third party complaints against the N64 and for which they actively courted developers (Capcom 5, FF:CC) and funded 'hardcore' franchises (Eg. Eternal Darkness) actually did worse.
The Wii arose from this situation in which Nintendo was unable to grow their business among traditional gamers and thus sought a "new" market.
The rest is history but it's sobering to consider that they have made up no ground on Sony and MS despite selling one of the most successful consoles ever.

Their licensee business is still crap and 'serious' games often sell worse on Wii than they did on N64 or Gamecube.
Meanwhile Microsoft has made a successful entry into the motion control/casual market with the surprisingly successful Kinect.
We know that MS has to fail spectacularly over an long period of time to leave a market so it's not going anywhere now.
Also, the 3DS' muted reception despite launching with a sequel to the extremely popular casugame Nintendogs must have raised question about the nature of that market.
Maybe sequels to casugames don't have the ridiculous system selling power of fanchises that target core gamers?

I think its finally dawning on Nintendo executives that the gaming space is becoming crowded with very little virgin forest left.
They'll have to compete tooth and nail now, slashing prices and selling HW at a loss, extensively moneyhatting key third parties, creating consoles on-par with their competitor's etc.
This about-face may be 'nothing' to fans but to executives who thought they could sell 3DS at $250 it's quite a wake-up-call as Vita looms.
This isn't "Nintendo is Doomed" it's "Nintendo isn't above the fray and must Compete".

WillyFive

Diffense said:
Now that Nintendo has sufficiently alienated me, it is clear how strange Nintendo fans can appear on forums.
The fact that they make some games that are well liked doesn't change the fact that some things are wrong with the company.
Fans of game franchises by other companies (Square, Capcom) can see and openly admit this but a true Nintendo fan has to show fanatic loyalty.

The recent Frankenstick debacle was interesting for its demonstration of this phenomenon.
As of now, I don't consider it a big deal though it does highlight a deficiency of the 3DS.
However at the time of the 01net rumour we were told how STUPID it would be for Nintendo to do that and how delusional it was for anyone to entertain the thought.
Now, after the Frankenstick has been revealed I've come to understand how it is just indicative of Nintendo's willingness to work with third parties and "it's a good thing".
And no, it's not beceause Nintendo is planning a dual stick revision in the near future: that' STUPID.
*Cue dual stick revision*

As polished as Nintendo's games can be, they will sometimes make self-injurious business decisions.
I love my N64, but their arrogant decisions with that machine basically cost them the market of traditional gamers.
The Gamecube, a system designed to address third party complaints against the N64 and for which they actively courted developers (Capcom 5, FF:CC) and funded 'hardcore' franchises (Eg. Eternal Darkness) actually did worse.
The Wii arose from this situation in which Nintendo was unable to grow their business among traditional gamers and thus sought a "new" market.
The rest is history but it's sobering to consider that they have made up no ground on Sony and MS despite selling one of the most successful consoles ever.

Their licensee business is still crap and 'serious' games often sell worse on Wii than they did on N64 or Gamecube.
Meanwhile Microsoft has made a successful entry into the motion control/casual market with the surprisingly successful Kinect.
We know that MS has to fail spectacularly over an long period of time to leave a market so it's not going anywhere now.
Also, the 3DS' muted reception despite launching with a sequel to the extremely popular casugame Nintendogs must have raised question about the nature of that market.
Maybe sequels to casugames don't have the ridiculous system selling power of fanchises that target core gamers?

I think its finally dawning on Nintendo executives that the gaming space is becoming crowded with very little virgin forest left.
They'll have to compete tooth and nail now, slashing prices and selling HW at a loss, extensively moneyhatting key third parties, creating consoles on-par with their competitor's etc.
This about-face may be 'nothing' to fans but to executives who thought they could sell 3DS at $250 it's quite a wake-up-call as Vita looms.
This isn't "Nintendo is Doomed" it's "Nintendo isn't above the fray and must Compete".

You are taking this a bit too far.

We acknowledge Nintendo's problems, but that is not a good enough reason to suddenly be in a brigade against them. They are Nintendo's problems, and it's up to them to realize and fix them.

Meanwhile, they still make games for us that we want to play.

StevieP said:
That too. Galaxy 2 being the only exception in recent memory.

That's because Galaxy 2 is the only sequel in recent memory.

loosus

Banned
I still think Nintendo's long-term best interest will be to get into the Android market or something similar and just stop with stuff like the 3DS. We've had convergence devices before, and it never really negatively impacted Nintendo...until now. The difference this time is one company: Apple. Apple does convergence like it should be, unlike Sony and Microsoft. iOS is more user-friendly than the 3DS, and it almost has the power of Windows. It's the best of all worlds.

So, the usual "game-playing devices only are a-okay" thinking isn't working, anymore, because Apple has flipped the industry on its head, and that includes Nintendo. Nintendo likes to be the disruptor, but Apple (and to a lesser extent, Google) has thrown Nintendo for a loop unlike anything it has ever seen before now.

Diffense

You are taking this a bit too far.

We acknowledge Nintendo's problems, but that is not a good enough reason to suddenly be in a brigade against them. They are Nintendo's problems, and it's up to them to realize and fix them.

Nintendo's ongoing issues haven't made their games any worse.
However, their core games have become fewer in number and the poor third party support means partners aren't filling the gap.
The result is that their CONSOLES are becoming a lot less appealing to some gamers even if the Nintendo games that target those gamers are still of high quality.
This explains why certain genres do poorly on the Wii regardless of brilliance of the representative games.

The 3DS was expected to do better at launch as the sequel to the extremely popular DS.
Nothing sold better than Nintendogs did and Nintendo launched with a sequel!
If a traditional game sold 20 million copies and a sequel came about that required a hardware purchase that hardware would sell pheonominally at launch.
Nintendo is hitting upon facts that demonstrate why they are vulnerable in the transition from Wii to Wii U.
A lot of it goes back to their increasing alienation from the enthusiast portion of the videogames market.

They'll have to do things (eventually) to get GAMERS excited about Wii U because they need them to drive early adoption and excite developer partners.
I believe Nintendo has the *potential* to accomplish this with its stable of franchises and money.
So I still look forward to their future plans with skepticism but also some excitement.

Diffense said:
However, their core games have become fewer in number

Except that they haven't. Supposed "gamers" are just ignoring them. I own 16 "core" games from Nintendo on my GC. On my Wii I currently own...GASP! 16 there as well, and holy fuck, a 17 one I'm going to buy is coming out this year. Just because the amount of "casual" games they made this generation has increased doesn't mean their "core" output has lessened. I mean fuck the last time we got 2 platforming Mario games on one system was the SNES.

I just want to say that this whole bullshit about "casual" and "core" games needs to fucking end. A game is a game is a game is a game.

loosus said:
I still think Nintendo's long-term best interest will be to get into the Android market or something similar and just stop with stuff like the 3DS. We've had convergence devices before, and it never really negatively impacted Nintendo...until now. The difference this time is one company: Apple. Apple does convergence like it should be, unlike Sony and Microsoft. iOS is more user-friendly than the 3DS, and it almost has the power of Windows. It's the best of all worlds.

So, the usual "game-playing devices only are a-okay" thinking isn't working, anymore, because Apple has flipped the industry on its head, and that includes Nintendo. Nintendo likes to be the disruptor, but Apple (and to a lesser extent, Google) has thrown Nintendo for a loop unlike anything it has ever seen before now.
Nintendo doesn't need to support Android or iOS or anyone else's platform with their software, that's been a fast road to ruin by every other company transitioning from hardware. I agree dedicated games handhelds are making less and less sense as time goes on, but abandoning hardware and giving away it's strongest competitive advantage (ie: your games) isn't going to be the best way forward for Nintendo.

What Nintendo's long term goal should be is to meld their separate handheld and home console lines into one unified platform. Think basically something like Wii U, but with a 3DS chipset and memory in every controller.

Shin Johnpv said:
Except that they haven't. Supposed "gamers" are just ignoring them. I own 16 "core" games from Nintendo on my GC. On my Wii I currently own...GASP! 16 there as well, and holy fuck, a 17 one I'm going to buy is coming out this year. Just because the amount of "casual" games they made this generation has increased doesn't mean their "core" output has lessened. I mean fuck the last time we got 2 platforming Mario games on one system was the SNES.

I just want to say that this whole bullshit about "casual" and "core" games needs to fucking end. A game is a game is a game is a game.

But how else are we going to separate us Nerds from the dirty casual peasants. I mean, PC elitists need to reasure themselves of their master race status constantly as well, so we desperately need a way to fool ourself into thinking that the terms core and casual have any meaning on a games quality.

MadOdorMachine

No additional functions
Nintendo needs to act like it always has something on the line that they cannot afford to lose. Looking back, it seems they were a bit arrogant with the 3DS. I do think the iPhone and Android market is the biggest competition they have (at least in the west) but Nintendo hand-helds have never appealed to that market. I think that's their saving grace. They have a niche market with younger kids and family oriented games. They have developed an trust with consumers that their games are suitable for all ages. I think the main problem with the 3DS they addressed and that was the price. I'm sure the second analog slider won't be as detrimental as some (myself included) had originally thought.

The fact the 3DS is a lifeline to developers is interesting. This is another area that Nintendo needs to capitalize on. One thing they have got to address though is their download service. They really need a system like Steam that is system agnostic meaning they can download a game on 3DS, Wii U or any future Nintendo system and still play it. This should be a no brainer for older systems like NES, SNES, GBA, etc. They've already got the emulators for it and it's cheap to develop for. Maybe they could even build an emulator that was specifically made for future proofing in mind. In other words, they could make it run like the SNES but with higher resolutions and more power.

MadOdorMachine said:
I do think the iPhone and Android market is the biggest competition they have (at least in the west) but Nintendo hand-helds have never appealed to that market.

You're right, Western publishers have never given much budget or effort to the handheld market, and are quite happy churning out low budget franchise spin off crapware onto iOS and Android as they were onto every handheld previously.

Futureman

When was the last time that Nintendo did not have the most dedicated hardware sales combined in a month? Was it before the Wii?

MadOdorMachine

No additional functions
MrNyarlathotep said:
You're right, Western publishers have never given much budget or effort to the handheld market, and are quite happy churning out low budget franchise spin off crapware onto iOS and Android as they were onto every handheld previously.
Exactly, but there are those dedicated developers like Shin'en, Way Forward, Firebrand, etc. who see an opportunity and can garner a following find success. Nintendo needs to exploit that. The indie market is already huge and flocking elsewhere, so offering an incentive like cheaper licensing fees for releasing their games thru DD and a system that was platform agnostic (as long as it was on a Nintendo system) would do wonders for western support.

Edit - What I'm talking about is continued revenue for developers as well as a bigger audience. For example, if Shin'en could make a DD game that was playable on both 3DS and Wii U it could potentially reach a larger audience. The thing is, they wouldn't be developing for two different systems, but rather the dedicated DD emulator. I'm not a programmer/developer, but I hope that makes sense.

Willy105 said:
The last game Nintendo made that I wanted to play was DKCR. Where are my hardcore Nintendo IPs? Is it right that I'm waiting a year to get another one (Zelda:SS)?

evilromero said:
The last game Nintendo made that I wanted to play was DKCR. Where are my hardcore Nintendo IPs? Is it right that I'm waiting a year to get another one (Zelda:SS)?

That just came out the end of last year.....that wasn't that long ago. The Wii is dying and Nintendo is focusing on the 3DS and the Wii-U.

So this is to be expected right?

Diffense

Shin Johnpv said:

That's not true.
Games are designed with different audiences in mind.
It's seems strange to have to state the obvious.

I find Nintendo' output of high-quality games that target experienced players to be less varied on Wii and third party support is as dismal as ever.
Having owned N64, NGC, and Wii I feel comfortable making that statement.

GDGF

Soothsayer
Another round from the Nintendo cannon.

serebii said:
TV Tokyo has posted the summary for the episode of Pokémon Smash, a variety show that covers all aspects of the franchise, due to air next week on Sunday 18th of September. In this summary, it mentions that Pokémon Game Creator, Junichi Masuda is set to appear on the show with a massive shock announcement. While it is possible that the announcement could be unrelated to a new game such as the reveal of Keldeo or the other new Pokémon, his announcements in the past similar to this have ended up being new games. This follows on from Pokémon Company CEO Tsunekazu Ishihara hinting that there are more surprises coming this year. If it is a game announcement, it's possible that the reveal of this game will be in CoroCoro, which is due any day now and/or in Nintendo's special 3DS conference in Japan on Tuesday morning. We'll bring more on this, including confirmation on the announcement as and when it comes.

Diffense

Interesting.
It would make sense to pull out Pokemon for 3DS as rapidly as possible.
Pokemon games can be remakes and sell very well.
But they also have the ability to drive platform sales.

Top Bottom