• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo America shows how clueless they are about internet things. Supports SOPA.

Status
Not open for further replies.

casabolg

Banned
People are surprised when Nintendo is against piracy? What?
They've ALWAYS been against it.
It's no surprise that nearly every publisher in the industry is supporting it.

Except, of course, Valve isn't. Because, you know, Valve is nice.

Do you have any idea what SOPA is? As a Nintendo fan I assume you've only just learned how to go online so perhaps it's over your head, but effectively it's giving power to corporations to request internet censorship at a level only seen in China right now. What would be an appropriate reaction to that?
Oh you are precious.
Attacking me based on a complete lack of understanding on your part.
How about this.
How about we make this a general SOPA bitch thread, instead of one directed solely at Nintendo (who are not even the main offenders here).
Then, how about we actually see what their support level is on this matter.
Is it just token support? Monetary? More?
Until then, posts like "Fuck Nintendo" are basically just meaningless drivel spouted by people that want to push their system wars shit into GAF.

Oh you are precious.
How about this.
How about we make this a general SOPA bitch thread, instead of one directed solely at Nintendo (who are not even the main offenders here).
Until then, posts like "Fuck Nintendo" are basically just meaningless drivel spouted by people that want to push their system wars shit into GAF.

So you're saying that if someone made a thread about Sony supporting SOPA you would be there on page one saying that people who have a problem with it are overreacting?

Des0lar

will learn eventually
Oh you are precious.
How about this.

Doesn't matter. Support is support. SOPA is a bitch.
I won't call anyone names, but supporting this is simply idiotic. It's being against free and open speech on the Internet just because someone said "it's against PIRACY! THIS IS GUD!"
So I really really can't respect any company that supports this bill.

Also there is a SOPA bitch thread in the OT.
This is directed at all gaming companies that agree with SOPA. Title should be changed accordingly.

So you're saying that if someone made a thread about Sony supporting SOPA you would be there on page one saying that people who have a problem with it are overreacting?

Well, not page one, just as I wasn't page one in this thread. I do have other things I do, after all.
But otherwise, yes. It's the exact same situation.
GAF overreacts to everything. This thread is nothing more than yelling at a wall, unless you get GAF to boycott both Sony and Nintendo and a host of other giant video game companies.
And you know what? That isn't happening. Sorry, but it's not.
I hate SOPA as much as anyone else. I love posting screens in the HD Screen Shot thread, and I'd be heartbroken if I couldn't because of SOPA, but this is just like every other piece of doom news on GAF.
We overreact well before anything comes (or doesn't, usually) of it.

remnant

Banned
I really don't care that much. It's not like this will stop me from buying the few Nintendo products I purchase. I'm not sure why this thread has to turn into a thread where Nintendo fans have to play damage control as well.

It's not our fault if common sense sounds like damage control. This thread only exists to troll nintendo so it's not like many people are on a high ground in this thread anyway. Hey jim-jam bongs

Yes, especially if the OP can't prove it

Well, not page one, just as I wasn't page one in this thread. I do have other things I do, after all.
But otherwise, yes. It's the exact same situation.
GAF overreacts to everything. This thread is nothing more than yelling at a wall, unless you get GAF to boycott both Sony and Nintendo and a host of other giant video game companies.
And you know what? That isn't happening. Sorry, but it's not.
I hate SOPA as much as anyone else. I love posting screens in the HD Screen Shot thread, and I'd be heartbroken if I couldn't because of SOPA, but this is just like every other piece of doom news on GAF.
We overreact well before anything comes (or doesn't, usually) of it.

Well, forgive me for not being willing to give Nintendo or any other company the benefit of the doubt with regard to SOPA. It's actually even worse than the internet filter they tried to bring in here in Australia because of the power it gives to IP holders to fuck the internet up for everyone, regardless of whether they're even doing anything illegal. Any company who comes out an supports it deserves a severe kicking, so unfortunately your delicate sensibilities will need to suffer this injustice.

DR2K

Banned
We fought for rights against censorship, we support censorship if it's in our best interest. Nice job gaming industry.

Well, forgive me for not being willing to give Nintendo or any other company the benefit of the doubt with regard to SOPA. It's actually even worse than the internet filter they tried to bring in here in Australia because of the power it gives to IP holders to fuck the internet up for everyone, regardless of whether they're even doing anything illegal. Any company who comes out an supports it deserves a severe kicking, so unfortunately your delicate sensibilities will need to suffer this injustice.

More digs.
My my my. You certainly are hostile towards me, despite this being our first conversation.

fernoca

Yeah, I think it was mentioned earlier when "Nintendo announced support". Do know I rad about it in here.
Misleading, console wars ammo-title aside... it sucks; but lets not single out Nintendo.

Plus if Darklord discovered after posting this, that Nintendo is not the only one "supporting it"; then update the main post about it and PM a mod to fix the title into something..less inflammatory.
Or just add "EDIT:" and the info if you don't want to PM one.

I FULLY STAND BEHIND SOPA DE PATA

Sopa-de-Pata.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom