• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo announces new Articles Of Incorporation to set up for new businesses, list

thefro

If you read what Rosti posted, the only brand-new thing is health/medical devices and a specific listing for "computer software", which didn't exist before (it was just under "games/electronics").

"restaurants/dining halls/cafes" became "eating establishments" and licensing of copyrighted works/trademarks became licensing of IP.

These are just corporate by-laws saying what the purpose of the company is, so it doesn't mean they will have formal divisions or separate companies for everything.

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
If you read what Rosti posted, the only brand-new thing is health/medical devices and a specific listing for "computer software", which didn't exist before.

"restaurants/dining halls/cafes" became "eating establishments" and licensing of copyrighted works/trademarks became licensing of IP.

Well, aside from all the edits to articles about the inner workings of the administration / new articles on the matter.

thefro

Well, aside from all the edits to articles about the inner workings of the administration / new articles on the matter.

They announced that during the last fiscal results, although it is nice to see that directors can be delegated authority by the Board (which means NOA and NOE could have freedom to do things on their own potentially).

jblank83

When I was little Nintendo was just games...

(Me at 40)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WyZ2POWLpz4
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=REpiQnnp6p8
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JA10XUaI3Mo
ice1.jpg

=)

If you read what Rosti posted, the only brand-new thing is health/medical devices and a specific listing for "computer software", which didn't exist before (it was just under "games/electronics").

These are just corporate by-laws saying what the purpose of the company is, so it doesn't mean they will have formal divisions or separate companies for everything.

Yes! Dr. Mario branded medical care!

AntMurda

Development and Manufacturing of Medical Devices. Development and Manufacturing of Computer Software.

Frodo

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAASSS, BITCH!

Hook that QoL in my veins, and that Vitality Sensor on my [ redacted ], please!

Clefargle

The flavor of Super Mario Pizza has no equal, but I don't believe it when Nintendo says it's only possible thanks to the chopsticks-and-chainsaw cutlery setup. Like, why would it taste worse if I ate it with my regular fork and spoon?

We had a thread discussing this recently in OT

R

Rösti

Unconfirmed Member
What the heck is Quality of Life anyway? Can anyone explain to me the term like if I was a five year old? I hear it thrown around so much these days.
Products and services that aim to increase Quality of Life (health, happiness etc.). Well, in this context anyway. The term itself is defined by WHO as:

Quality of life is defined as individuals' perceptions of their position in life in the context of the culture and value systems in which they live and in relation to their goals, expectations, standards and concerns
Source: www.who.int/mental_health/media/en/76.pdf

RurouniZel

Asks questions so Ezalc doesn't have to
So that's what all that E3 space is for. People need room to sleep while trying the new QoL stuff. ;P

What I would give to be a japanese speaking fly on the wall of Nintendo's board room. I sense big big changes being announced soon.

I can't wait to see Nintendo utilize their IP more. I personally want to see more exposure for the MOTHER series. The franchise deserves the attention!

Did they sold the baseball team already?? Nintendo can do everything confirmed.

To be clear, they sold their MAJORITY control over the Mariners, which won't be completed until August. They're still holding a good amount of interest at 10%. They previously held a controlling 55%.

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
They announced that during the last fiscal results, although it is nice to see that directors can be delegated authority by the Board (which means NOA and NOE could have freedom to do things on their own potentially).

Yeah, I know. But the articles give us a more detailed look about how it should work. That's new compared to the mere announcement.

joedick

kirby_fox

Banned
I don't have a lot of faith in Nintendo's ability to manage new businesses, especially capital intensive "real" projects like restaurants or theme parks. Not to mention the complexities of regulated industries like medical devices.

License IP to others, sure. They can and should do that all day.

A lot of this actually looks right up there alley in the tech field. If you've seen some of the OS for medical devices or POS systems they can be awful. Nintendo getting into that market with software that specifically is for these things isn't hard to believe. I don't think any of these are going to use their IP at all, and be a way to expand their portfolio as a software business.

My bet is that Nintendo focuses on creating niche software for big markets, while their own IPs and what not are handled in house. Licensing deals will be done to make exclusive games for their system, or for marketing purposes (theme parks). A restaurant is way too risky unless they have plans to buy something like Dave and Busters or GameWorks.

Top Bottom