• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo announces the New 3DS XL for North America to be released February 13

What is this about, when I went in the store we could only do Web in Store orders, are they allowing regular preorders now?

Thought you had to pay it in full to get it.
Guess you got off lucky.

The red and black models of the n3DSXL can be preordered and picked up in store for gamestop. the zelda and MH models you only have online only.

I Preordered the red model.
Gamestop employees are having contests (at least my local stores) about who gets the most in store preorders for pick up. So for sure they are getting units in store, just the RED AND BLACK ONES. Like i said above, Sku 1 is Red model, Sku 2 is black, 3 is MH, and 4 is Zelda.
Receipt says Sku 1. The red model

So can I trade in my XL to get $100 towards this? I would buy it straight out but money is going to be tight over the next fee months.

Yep. you can. I put 50 down today, and the 100 trade in is gonna happen on release day. Gonna do the system transfer in store once i get it.

Xion_Stellar

People should stop referencing data that makes me feel uncomfortable because games get ported to platforms I don't like
Code:
[IMG]https://pbs.twimg.com/media/B7VWA-PCEAAxtVX.jpg[/IMG]

yolo.

Sku 1 is Red, Sku 2 is Black, Sku 3 is MH, Sku 4 is zelda.

Getting red.
Thanks for the heads up I called my Local GameStop again and they have the systems up for pre orders now so I'm going to go pre order the Black One.

mmm, I was wondering about the lack of regular sized n3DS in America.

what happens if I do a "full system transfer" from an American n3DS to an European n3DS?... would that overwrite the firmware or something?

has anyone ever done that?

Edit: Nevermind; I just read that's imposible.

Ac30

I'm trying to sell my 3DS with a bunch of games installed on it today to get that schweet MH4 one, if I unlink my NNID will the games remain on that system for the next person to use? I didn't really know where else to ask :/

Rich!

mmm, I was wondering about the lack of regular sized n3DS in America.

what happens if I do a "full system transfer" from an American n3DS to an European n3DS?... would that overwrite the firmware or something?

has anyone ever done that?

It wont even let you get that far.

I'm trying to sell my 3DS with a bunch of games installed on it today to get that schweet MH4 one, if I unlink my NNID will the games remain on that system for the next person to use? I didn't really know where else to ask :/

Yes. Yes they will.

You need to keep it and do a system transfer whilst you have both consoles or you lose all of your games permanently.

Ac30

It wont even let you get that far.

Yes. Yes they will.

You need to keep it and do a system transfer whilst you have both consoles or you lose all of your games permanently.

I don't want to keep any games, I just want to ensure that they can use the ones I purchased, if I simply unlink it will I be fine? Thanks :)

Rich!

I don't want to keep any games, I just want to ensure that they can use the ones I purchased, if I simply unlink it will I be fine? Thanks :)

No,it wont be fine. you either give them full access to your NNID or they lose the games.

Salaadin

Just saw the placement of the new shoulder buttons. For those that used it, how are they to reach? Looks weird with the 4 buttons all in a row

The red and black models of the n3DSXL can be preordered and picked up in store for gamestop. the zelda and MH models you only have online only.
Ah, ok. That makes sense with what the GS employee told me. He said the LE's were warehouse only. He did say the trade-in offer was valid for LE's, but you had to bring the order details to get the credit. He told me that it would have to ship first before I could trade-in since they do not charge you until shipment.

Edit: I guess they did not want you to say it was for the trade-in, and cancel thereby giving you free 75 on your CC.

dolabla

Here's some photos I took of my European New XL last night that show the outer gloss finish. Its a mirror sheen:

jzwuke.JPG

xxkpja.JPG

bpijye.JPG

It's a nice looking piece of hardware. I just wish they went with that matte finish. Hopefully they will release more colors.

Wish I had an idea what the red one looks like. I am undecided between the black one and the red one. Planning on doing the system transfer in store once its released so I can do the 100 trade in

DirtyLarry

I currently own the Mario SE XL and it was my first 3DS so perhaps this is known to others but if I take advantage of the GameStop trade up program what do I need to do to assure I keep the free Mario & Luigi game that came with my current one? It was pre-installed so I don't think it's tied to my NNID. Am I just shit out of luck?

Damn. Really wanted to jump on the 3DS train last year, but didn't because I knew the new version was just around the corner. Guess I'll sit it out longer and wait to see if they come to their senses. If they don't by the time Oculus drops and I'm ready to build a new PC, I'm going to skip the platform all together and put the money into a better motherboard or something.

Jedi2016

Is there a "I was getting the XL anyway" thread of not hating Nintendo?

Still trying to figure out where to lock in a preorder, most of the big retailers don't have them up yet.

Josh5890

Well I was looking forward to trying a new 3ds regular but I'll probably bite on the XL since I already have a 3DS XL. I'm going to Pax next week so I hope they have the new systems to try out.

PrankT

I currently own the Mario SE XL and it was my first 3DS so perhaps this is known to others but if I take advantage of the GameStop trade up program what do I need to do to assure I keep the free Mario & Luigi game that came with my current one? It was pre-installed so I don't think it's tied to my NNID. Am I just shit out of luck?
I'm in the same boat and think the game stays on the device and not our personal accounts.

Went ahead and prep ordered the black n3ds so it matches my wiiu looking forward to downloading majora's mask and mh4u on release day now to buy a 64 GB micro SD card :)

Zing

Banned
It ties to the first NNID you use on the system. You will need to perform a system transfer to the new system to keep the game.

Fusebox

Banned
It's a nice looking piece of hardware. I just wish they went with that matte finish. Hopefully they will release more colors.

Yeah it's a crazy finger-print catcher. An odd greeny shade of black too, doesn't match well with the Vita's none-more-blacker color scheme.

Vitacat

Yeah it's a crazy finger-print catcher. An odd greeny shade of black too, doesn't match well with the Vita's none-more-blacker color scheme.

I'm gonna want put some sort of clear skin on that to avoid prints and scratches.

I have something like that on my Vita and it has kept it pristine, basically like screen protectors for the whole front and back. I wonder if such things are available already in Japan for the New 3DS XL models?

Kodiak

Not an asshole.
Mannn I am really not into that glossy back. The matte finish on the Blue XL I had was perfect. Didn't feel bad just tossing it in my pack or on the bed or w/e. This thing is gonna get smudged to hell.

Oh well, buying for MM3DS anyway because I'm a little bitch.

Fusebox

Banned
I'm gonna want put some sort of clear skin on that to avoid prints and scratches.

I have something like that on my Vita and it has kept it pristine, basically like screen protectors for the whole front and back. I wonder if such things are available already in Japan for the New 3DS XL models?

Yeah I had the all-over-the-face protector-including-around-the-buttons for my Vita 1000. The back of the 2000 is mostly matte though so I wouldn't want to protect that.

Mannn I am really not into that glossy back. The matte finish on the Blue XL I had was perfect. Didn't feel bad just tossing it in my pack or on the bed or w/e. This thing is gonna get smudged to hell.

Oh well, buying for MM3DS anyway because I'm a little bitch.

The glossy back fucks the balance a bit too. You need to apply a bit more grip compared to the OG to keep it still.

Top Bottom