• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo announces Zelda: Breath of the Wild season pass, $20, contents detailed

Which part of the Zelda season pass are you most excited for?

Results are only viewable after voting.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
How times change. Some years ago at least Nintendo fans still got "the full package" right from the start.

Yeah, people were really pissed about that Mario Kart 8 DLC either.

Lucifon

Guessing it's something special as opposed to just a difficulty increase in terms of the 'Hard mode'. Otherwise surely it'd be there on day 1.

How times change. Some years ago at least Nintendo fans still got "the full package" right from the start.
In most cases, you end up paying more to add onto that package though. I won't defend Nintendo here though, this content seems lacking.

The Witcher 3 is a best case scenario, and you got a full package from both the full game and each individual piece of DLC.

That second pack launching so much later gives me hope it will be substantial. I'm not really interested in the first piece from the sound of it. Though I imagine they will be like 15 bucks a pice making the pass worth it

https://www.nintendo.co.uk/News/201...gend-of-Zelda-Breath-of-the-Wild-1191606.html

H2x1_NSwitch_TheLegendOfZeldaBreathOfTheWild_DLC_enGB_image912w.jpg

Never expected DLC for this. But the value doesn't look to be there. Add-on features seem pretty shallow. The second pack will be what sells me depending on the story addition.

Waji

And here's my very bad news of the week.
I really don't like DLC especialy if it adds story/meaningful elements.
This is sad.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Nintendo DLC is a mixed bag. With some of their titles I'm unimpressed with how they've handled pricing and content, but with others (namely Mario Kart 8) they've done a superb job.

Latter half sounds great, former half not so much. I mean, it's hard to know exactly what they mean, but it doesn't sound appealing to advertise "a new hard mode" as paid DLC.

Ody1977

Neo Member
Anyone else see Zelda cleavage instead of clenched hands in the artwork?

Only when I zoomed in, for educational purposes, I noticed the optical illusion!

khaaan

First set of DLC doesn't sound particularly exciting but the holiday drop is intriguing. Nintendo did right with Mario Kart so I'm optimistic with this.

Yeah, not sure I like Nintendo "catching up to the times". Season pass/expansion pass is an ugly concept.

Still, they did the MK DLC really well, so I will give them the benefit of the doubt for now.

All indications are that the game is quite hard compared to previous Zeldas. So a hard mode would then presumably be like Death March in Witcher 3. I'm fine with that. I never do hard mode in videogames, particularly the first time through.

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
The Switch keeps getting pricier.

Maybe I should just stick to the cheaper Wii U version for now and buy the Switch GOTY version next year for cheap, maybe during some drought.

NotLiquid

The first half of the DLC is.. eh, but if the price of admission for it includes all the goodies of the second half it's not a bad deal. Bit of a shame that Hard Mode is part of that but then again we don't know what it contains.

Top Bottom