• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Classic Mini - NES Coming on November 11th (30 NES games)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Something kinda neat I just discovered and haven't seen mentioned, as I have ours sitting here running in my office: when left alone for a bit, the unit kicks into a Play Choice 10-style "attract" mode, where it runs through the games, shows their title screen briefly, then shows off a bit of gameplay. During this, at times, it'll also change the display settings, to show those off too.

Hearing in playing behind me, I'm transported back to the days of arcades. *heh*

that's a pretty neat touch

Agent X

Something kinda neat I just discovered and haven't seen mentioned, as I have ours sitting here running in my office: when left alone for a bit, the unit kicks into a Play Choice 10-style "attract" mode, where it runs through the games, shows their title screen briefly, then shows off a bit of gameplay. During this, at times, it'll also change the display settings, to show those off too.

Hearing in playing behind me, I'm transported back to the days of arcades. *heh*

Very cool!

I really wish they had allowed those using a classic controller or SNES controller to use the extra buttons to control save states and menu functions.

BriGuy

Maybe I'm mixing up my information, but I thought you could plug the NES controller into a Wiimote and use it semi-wireless that way?

Maybe I'm mixing up my information, but I thought you could plug the NES controller into a Wiimote and use it semi-wireless that way?

There's no bluetooth receiver in the NES classic, so it won't recognize any of those inputs coming from a classic controller plugged into a Wii remote.

SuperSah

Banned
I loved GameXplain's unboxing - it looks like a cute little console style unboxing experience.

So happy I kept my preorder in! The thing's sold out everywhere in the UK.

Justinh

Giant Bomb Quick Look
with Mr. Gerstmann and Mr. Ryckert

Oh, they show one opened up!
https://youtu.be/VpVNXPqwKW4?t=1238
hoPyGCK.jpg

They show a closer look just after this screen.

Chairhome

Gamexplain had a cool video of it from a preview a while ago. Definitely a cool touch.
https://youtu.be/Giu-fFS_iJY

I loved GameXplain's unboxing - it looks like a cute little console style unboxing experience.

So happy I kept my preorder in! The thing's sold out everywhere in the UK.

I was going to cancel my pre-order after deciding I didn't want one.

Instead I managed to sell it on ebay for £100

mollipen

Nintendo specifically told me they aren't doing preorders. So that's why they haven't started yet, because they aren't going to on an official level.

Sesuadra

Unconfirmed Member
Guten Tag,

Sie haben bei uns den Artikel "Nintendo Classic Mini: NES-Controller" (ASIN: B01IH5O186) vorbestellt.

Der Hersteller Nintendo hat uns soeben mitgeteilt, dass dieser Artikel auf Grund der Limitierung nicht in ausreichender Menge verfügbar ist. Aus diesem Grund müssen wir den Artikel leider aus Ihrer Bestellung stornieren. Selbstverständlich wird Ihnen dieser nicht in Rechnung gestellt.

Wir entschuldigen uns für die Unannehmlichkeiten und bitten um Ihr Verständnis.

(Dies ist eine automatisch versendete E-Mail. Bitte antworten Sie nicht auf dieses Schreiben, da die E-Mail-Adresse nur zum Versenden, nicht aber zum Empfang von E-Mails eingerichtet ist.)

Freundliche Grüße

well fuck. Amazon.de canceled my NES controller pre-order.

Anyone know if stock will pop up on release day in America? It was only in stock for preorder once and never popped again. If they do this with the Switch, I'm going to be pissed. lmao Seeing its reception, the Switch is going to burn that 2 million preorder stock fast.

Nintendo specifically told me they aren't doing preorders. So that's why they haven't started yet, because they aren't going to on an official level.

Just in the US? Toys R US did some preorders a while back.

So, what? Just wait till the link goes live on the 11th?

rec0ded1

It seems like these will sell out super fast. I'm going to start telling myself there's no way I'm going to get one of these at launch to avoid disappointment.

maxcriden

Anyone know if stock will pop up on release day in America? It was only in stock for preorder once and never popped again. If they do this with the Switch, I'm going to be pissed. lmao Seeing its reception, the Switch is going to burn that 2 million preorder stock fast.

See post below:

This indicates to me if you go day one (in person) you'll have a decent chance of getting one, especially if you call a store when they open that day or call them before that day to find out if there will be a line up.

Just in the US? Toys R US did some preorders a while back.

So, what? Just wait till the link goes live on the 11th?

I'd recommend the above strategy, personally. IMO, if there's limited stock it will potentially be much easier to get it in person when a store opens than online. You could use this link to see when it goes up on the day, though:

http://www.nowinstock.net/videogaming/consoles/nesclassicmini/

They have browser alerts, too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom