• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Confirms Charles Martinet Is Not Involved in Super Mario Bros. Wonder

Draugoth

Gold Member
with-nintendos-next-gen-console-reportedly-targeting-2024-th_9mub.jpg

Following the news that he will be "stepping back" from voicing Nintendo characters, Nintendo has confirmed to IGN that original Mario voice actor Charles Martinet will not be involved in Super Mario Bros. Wonder.

While Nintendo wasn't ready to reveal who would be the new voice of Mario, it did reiterate that Charles will continue to delight Mario fans worldwide with his new role as a Mario Ambassador.

"While Charles is not involved in Super Mario Bros. Wonder, we're excited to honor his legacy andcontributions, including looking ahead to what he'll be doing as a Mario Ambassador. Character voice actors will be credited in the game credits, so please wait for the game to be released."

That initial trailer seemed weird with the voice acting. I hope it’s not an indication of some new more talky Mario with a forced Brooklyn accent or something ridiculous.

Last edited:

Fbh

I must say Tom Holland did an excellent job.
Couldn't even tell it wasn't Martinet in the trailer.

MiguelItUp

This says a lot because I thought his (originally assuming it was his) voice in that trailer seemed a little.... off. That'd be hilarious if they were using AI, lmao. Cause it sounds like someone doing a Charles Martinet impression and not quite landing it, but coming close.

Just like AI...

Someone Reaction GIF

Last edited:

DrFigs

This says a lot because I thought his (originally assuming it was his) voice in that trailer seemed a little.... off. That'd be hilarious if they were using AI, lmao. Cause it sounds like someone doing a Charles Martinet impression and not quite landing it, but coming close.

Just like AI...

Someone Reaction GIF
Which is a bit weird because how many more bing bing wahoos do they need to record for every game? They could just keep reusing old voice lines and no one would notice.

Last edited:

Raploz

I've just rewatched the trailer and I honestly couldn't tell it wasn't Charles Martinet. Whoever is voicing Mario is doing a good impression of Charles.

Dirk Benedict

Gold Member
Thread reads like a youtube comment section. Whatever. I wanna know who's going to do the voice and why Charles was put on the backburner.
I think they're going to go with Chris Pratt, because of the movie's success. But, I am merely guessing.

L*][*N*K

Banned
There are going to be reviews that mention this as a negative thing, even though the new voices are all similar and add nothing to the quality of the game

VN1X

Banned
What I don't get is why he was still voicing Mario in these newer games? Don't they have a huge library now full of his "wahoos" and "whaas"?

Top Bottom