• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo & DeNA's First Mobile Game Reveal Coming "Soon", "Expect the Unexpected"

gamerMan

I'm pretty sure this is going to be like other simple mobile games. Maybe it will just be a Mario face that you pull around.

aett

Well, I'm expecting it to be something that requires a constant internet connection and drains my phone's battery, meaning that I'll only be able to play it at home, where my actual video games are... so maybe there's hope for this thing.

Trago

Would this game be launching with the new DeNA membership service that's supposed to be replace Club Nintendo?

Daedardus

It won't be a 'real' game and will somehow improve your life in a weird way. It will focus on skills you didn't know you had to train.

Mivey

I'm expecting a game about a young Komoran discovering his sexuality, while living in a post-apocalyptic society where dogs have taken over.
The gameplay will be a VN where you need to pay at each decision point to continue reading.

watershed

Banned
I expect a free to start with some form of microtransactions. I expect the game to have pretty solid production values but be very simple in it's play style. I expect the game to feature one or many of Nintendo's major IPs. I don't think I will be disappointed.

D

Deleted member 465307

Unconfirmed Member
I hope a direct is coming shortly. Maybe this week?

I would like one soon, but realistically, I think that, given how they've been releasing info on all of their holiday games, this points to no Nintendo Direct happening before all the holiday releases are over. I could see one happening in December or (more likely) January of next year to talk about some specifics for what's coming to Nintendo platforms in Q1 and Q2.

If a Direct happens sooner, I expect it to be a Smash mini-Direct to announce new characters, any new features coming, and perhaps the ballot results.

Taker666

It won't. Nintendo won't cross the streams so to speak here.

I'm not so sure. I wouldn't say I expect all their mobile titles to be on Wii U/3DS....but I'm wondering if a title that's cross buy for Wii U, 3DS and mobile/tablet might be the first title released. It would be a strong way to launch their new cross platform membership service.

KingBroly

Banned
I'm not so sure. I wouldn't say I expect all their mobile titles to be on Wii U/3DS....but I'm wondering if a title that's cross buy for Wii U, 3DS and mobile/tablet might be the first title released. It would be a strong way to launch their new cross platform account system.

And the perfect way to cause confusion about the future intentions of game development.

Top Bottom