• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Direct 2012.2.22 - Feb 22nd, 6AM EST [Over]

Goli

I'm expecting the Japanese one to be like this:
Probably gonna say something about sales, announce new things and new footage for Kid Icarus, same for Animal Crossing 3DS which will most likely get some sort of release time frame, then announce some new retail and eShop games (if there are any new 3DS games in this week's Famitsu, they'll probably be here too) then software lineup video, including new 5 seconds footage of games previously announced, like Rune Factory 4 and such.
The American one I'm expecting to be the same except with different games in the software lineup, and maybe we'll see the first localized footage for Kingdom Hearts 3D and Theatrhythm, which will also be announced there, I think.
Honestly, with just new footage of Animal Crossing 3DS I'll be happy ;-;. Anything else will just make me even more happy :D.

angelfly

Did anyone else get a Swpanote from Reggie? I thought it was pretty neat way of informing people, plus I got a new stationary!

I wonder if Nintendo is going to use Swapnote as an alternative to Spotpass. Even though it can display less information, it still feels more personal, in turn making me more invested in the information.

I got one from Iwata.

cQarM.jpg

The hype levels in this thread are unbelievable. At most, I expect Q2 release dates and game details. Any megatons would be held back for E3.

I'm expecting the Japanese one to be like this:
Probably gonna say something about sales, announce new things and new footage for Kid Icarus, same for Animal Crossing 3DS which will most likely get some sort of release time frame, then announce some new retail and eShop games (if there are any new 3DS games in this week's Famitsu, they'll probably be here too) then software lineup video, including new 5 seconds footage of games previously announced, like Rune Factory 4 and such.
The American one I'm expecting to be the same except with different games in the software lineup, and maybe we'll see the first localized footage for Kingdom Hearts 3D and Theatrhythm, which will also be announced there, I think.
Honestly, with just new footage of Animal Crossing 3DS I'll be happy ;-;. Anything else will just make me even more happy :D.

Yeah, I'm guessing basically this.

tkscz

I'm no hyping this what so ever. You never know when it goes south and NOTHING new or important is announced.

jonno394

Didnt they say the "7" title would be annunced when the 3ds hardware has sold a certain amount?

DQ/FF 7 remake to be announced once the 3DS has sold 7 million consoles in Japan / 17 million worldwide.

angelfly

The hype levels in this thread are unbelievable. At most, I expect Q2 release dates and game details. Any megatons would be held back for E3.

Hype levels are heightened because of the Vita launch tomorrow and people are expecting Nintendo to fight dirty by announcing megatons on the day of launch.

What's this talk about a FFVII remake?

Squaresoft wants to make up for their N64 betrayal? That would be sweet irony indeed.
If it does happen I feel sorry for Sony, that is not what they need right now.
But I really doubt it, I can already see the complaints about it being on a handheld.

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
Did anyone else get a Swpanote from Reggie? I thought it was pretty neat way of informing people, plus I got a new stationary!

I wonder if Nintendo is going to use Swapnote as an alternative to Spotpass. Even though it can display less information, it still feels more personal, in turn making me more invested in the information.

I wouldn't know. I'm stuck getting old SwapNotes from early January because I stopped opening the app for a couple of weeks and now I don't have the patience to keep forcing connection checks to download them all in bundles of 20.

They can't use SwapNote as an alternative to SpotPass.

Principate

Saint Titanfall
TBF I wouldn't say hyping yourself up is neccesarily illogical (of course to not to any extreme degree). This isn't E3 where while trying to gather hype through popular entertainment they're trying to give a incite to future prospects of their company.

This is an explicit F you to Sony, and these sorts of F you's are done best with megatons. If it was going to be something minor then they could have potentially waited or or done it well before.

Basically if Nintendo wanted to be successful with their goal of this they'd have to do it right.

even if Nintendo had one of these once a week there would still be crazy hype going on on GAF

thats why Japan Time had this forum crashing in the past during ever update.

it may crash in 20hours too with very little news to be worth all this

Kazerei

Banned
What's this talk about a FFVII remake?

Squaresoft wants to make up for their N64 betrayal? That would be sweet irony indeed.
If it does happen I feel sorry for Sony, that is not what they need right now.
But I really doubt it, I can already see the complaints about it being on a handheld.

This rumor. If it's FFVII or DQVII, that would be pretty megaton.

vdlow

I think it's not madness to hope for a Pokemon Grey announcement. I'm sure it would steal a bit of the attention from Vita's launch.

wsippel

Banned
Too much at once isn't a good idea, either. Not that I expect any megatons or anything. But we usually get a few interesting announcements early in the year.

muu

only megaton that could possibly happen would be pokemon related, what with the tweets of one of the pokemon devs. Even that's probably gonna be more info regarding Gotta Catch Them All Warlords, and not any announcements of a new series or anything.

abasm

Hype levels are heightened because of the Vita launch tomorrow and people are expecting Nintendo to fight dirty by announcing megatons on the day of launch.

The fact that they're running a concurrent U.S. stream this time lends credence to this theory.

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
only megaton that could possibly happen would be pokemon related, what with the tweets of one of the pokemon devs. Even that's probably gonna be more info regarding Gotta Catch Them All Warlords, and not any announcements of a new series or anything.

Yeah, that's the only megaton possible.

Data straight from the encyclopedia of thin air.

EmperorMattevs

Neo Member
This ones gonna be HUGE. I can feel it.. not E3 huge, but close..

knowing Nintendo, they could just settle for a Press Release, but this time they really want us to watch.

Nintendo is lazy *admit it* lol, and they won't even bother sending swapnotes if it's not that "important" and they did. so that's something.

Effect

I really hope they don't start using Swapnote as an alternative to SpotPass. SpotPass is a system feature and not everyone will get or even bother to open Swapnote (and it's various names) on a regular basis. I have noticed that SpotPass can be pretty slow though so maybe that is why they're not using it. Or maybe NoA is just slow in pushing out messages on it. The last few updates I got an update message days after the update was put out. It should be an instant form of communication. I did get Reggie's note today though.

It would be nice if they pushed out a recording of this out on Nintendo Video. Though it would be so much easier if they had a browser that was capable of accessing their youtube channel to watch it or stream it. They should be doing everything they can to make it so you don't have to use anything else but the Nintendo 3DS to get this information. That the Nintendo websites still don't have 3DS versions is something that has been annoying me as well. I guess I'm hoping for another OS update to address certain issues. At the least folder like options as the interface is really crowded now.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Cant be too important if Nintendo Australia hasn't sent out a message.

Can someone enlighten me as to why so many people are talking as if an FF VII remake for 3DS is a possible thing? As far as I knew, we all stopped thinking an FF VII remake was actually going to happen for anything a couple years ago. What changed?

Sorry if this is a stupid question, but I'm usually pretty up on gaming news, so I'm kinda surprised by this. Thanks.

Top Bottom