• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Direct 2012.2.22 - Feb 22nd, 6AM EST [Over]

While we're musing, how do you expect a 3DS redesign to look? I was thinking it would do what DS Lite did - look more like its companion console. So maybe even an even more rounded design...?
If the rumors of using it as a Wii U controller as true, coming closer to matching the Wii U design does make sense, but who's to say they haven't been reworking the Wii U's look since it first debuted? I think just about every time we've seen it since E3, it's been roughly the same demo units without significant changes. Yet they were adamant to point out that the console itself was "just a box" and not necessarily the final design. Maybe we'd see a clue about the Wii U's future in a redesigned 3DS, if they so decided to announce or release one.

If they've done anything to prepare for an eventuality like this, and have the code in place to make these games work with both IR and built in extra-controls I will eat my hat. And I don't have any hats. So I'll go out and buy a hat, the most expensive hat I can find -- perhaps a top hat, or hardened trilby, and I will eat it. I will use regular kitchen utensils and consume it a small biteful at a time, with absolutely no sauce or lubricant whatsoever.
As a TF2 player, I am disgusted at what you threaten to do to a poor, defenseless hat.

mclem

Fixed.

An FF7 remake would cause a wave of celebration and rage that would literally break the Internet.

A bigger deal than DQ9, if that happened. And DQ9 was *massive*.

(To be fair, Vita *does* have an FFX remake on the way, which is no bad thing. Not on the same scale as FF7, but certainly one of the more fondly-recalled FFs)

A bigger deal than DQ9, if that happened. And DQ9 was *massive*.

(To be fair, Vita *does* have an FFX remake on the way, which is no bad thing. Not on the same scale as FF7, but certainly one of the more fondly-recalled FFs)

No vita has a cross platform with ps3 hd remaster of ff10

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Put EST in the title because I wanted to pick one time zone and highlight that and EST seemed closer to GAF's membership epicenter than anything else.

Portugeezer

Awww yeahhhh

aww-yea-meme-original.jpg

Takao

Banned
You guys hype up these "Here's the upcoming big releases for the next 2 months!" showcases way too hard. DQ7, or hell even FF7 remakes would be left to JUMP.

You guys hype up these "Here's the upcoming big releases for the next 2 months!" showcases way too hard. DQ7, or hell even FF7 remakes would be left to JUMP.

Maybe so, but the timing of it would be the ultimate scumbag move on Nintendo's part. Would be very satisfying to see Nintendo take an agressive move for once.

I am not staying up for this because I'm already tired. A new announcement, or even concrete releases dates for some of the next quarter games, would be nice enough.

Takao

Banned
Maybe so, but the timing of it would be the ultimate scumbag move on Nintendo's part. Would be very satisfying to see Nintendo take an agressive move for once.

I don't think a Nintendo event in Japan will cater to disrupting their competition's western launch.

Takao

Banned
There's an NA one with Reggie tomorrow as well.

They'll likely announce MHTriG's localization or something, but unless they suddenly got Rockstar to make them an exclusive GTA there's not really anything they could do to spoil Vita's launch.

angelfly

They'll likely announce MHTriG's localization or something, but unless they suddenly got Rockstar to make them an exclusive GTA there's not really anything they could do to spoil Vita's launch.

There are lots of things that could be announced that would steal a lot of thunder from the Vita launch.

test_account

XP-39C²
ibuj0Mrh8vFPVc.jpg

Lol, found this when i searched for some Nintendo Reggie stuff on Google.

Lausebub

Banned
I feel like we're getting bigger news this time. Reggie didn't do anything for the second Nintendo Direct, so I expect some news that are relevant for people outside of japan. I expect release dates for a lot of games, specifically more information about already announced Nintendo titles for the 3DS. We don't know a lot about Animal Crossing and Paper Mario, so we should see a new trailer.

+Pokémon

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Oh I did not know that. All I remember was that GAF thread and everyone saying he's in some random schoolgym haha. They should do one outside their building.

I want to see Nintendo's canteen. We can also get a glimpse at what Iwata eats at the Nintendo offices.

Skiesofwonder

Walruses, camels, bears, rabbits, tigers and badgers.
Somehow I've never watched any of Iwata's Nintendo Directs (probably because it is always happening while I'm asleep), so anyone with more experience with this things know if there will be subtitles on Iwata's feed?

If not I'll sleep and catch up with you guys when Reggie is scheduled to talk.

Somehow I've never watched any of Iwata's Nintendo Directs (probably because it is always happening while I'm asleep), so anyone with more experience with this things know if there will be subtitles on Iwata's feed?

If not I'll sleep and catch up with you guys when Reggie is scheduled to talk.

There usually isn't.

RobotHaus

Unconfirmed Member
Did anyone else get a Swpanote from Reggie? I thought it was pretty neat way of informing people, plus I got a new stationary!

I wonder if Nintendo is going to use Swapnote as an alternative to Spotpass. Even though it can display less information, it still feels more personal, in turn making me more invested in the information.

Top Bottom