• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Direct 2012.2.22 - Feb 22nd, 6AM EST [Over]

Also, I see people posting FFVII:R predictions in a non-joking kind of way. Did I miss something here?

Long story short, Creamsugar, who broke the MH3G on 3DS news before anyone else, posted a rumor on GAF from the same source that said when 3DS crossed a certain sales threshold, Iwata would make an announcement celebrating this and would also announce a remake of the 7th entry in a famous JRPG series for 3DS.

That would obviously mean either DQ7 or FF7.

mclem

If it's something like FFVII:R, it will be a legen - wait for it - dary thread that will eclipse everything that came before,
I thought the general conclusion at the time that - if genuine - it was most likely to be DQ7? Or were there further developments after that?

I can't wait for Nintendo to announce an update or improvement to something, but then to say nothing more about it and to wait for more information about it.
Things have been awfully quiet on the Flipnote Studio front. For all we know, that's what it could be.

Sadist

I thought the general conclusion at the time that - if genuine - it was most likely to be DQ7? Or were there further developments after that?
Nah, some posters joked about a possible FF VII and the shitstorm it would cause. That's all.

antonz

Most lean at DQ7 as the more realistic choice but can never know for sure with Nintendo. It would be a pretty big troll move for Nintendo to get a FF7 remake or remaster after all the years of Sony teasing the possibility.

Galactic Fork

A little fluff between the ears never did any harm...
Hopefully Reggie will let us know when the 3ds is getting Hulu. And that all upcoming 3ds and 3ds eshop games will have demos.

Things have been awfully quiet on the Flipnote Studio front. For all we know, that's what it could be.

While dq7 seems like the more logical choice, the 3ds is the only system that could logically get a remake of ff7 on anything else it would just take too long and cost too much to make

beje

Banned
While dq7 seems like the more logical choice, the 3ds is the only system that could logically get a remake of ff7 on anything else it would just take too long and cost too much to make

Honestly, I think it might just get both sooner or later. However, knowing Nintendo, I'm pretty sure the "remake of 7th entry" will be from an obscure or lesser known IP like Ys or Nobunaga's Ambition or something like that.

By the way, Nintendo recently opened Twitter accounts for @NintendoEurope and @nintendo_es so maybe it's somehow related seeing how we don't have a dedicated conference.

Honestly, I think it might just get both sooner or later. However, knowing Nintendo, I'm pretty sure the "remake of 7th entry" will be from an obscure or lesser known IP like Ys or Nobunaga's Ambition or something like that.

DQVII seems pretty reasonable because of the recent history of the brand on DS.

Randdalf

I will be kind of pissed if it's a 3DS redesign because in the last generation I ended up owning all 3 designs of the DS except XL (good for local multiplayer mind you). If it has a second circle pad then maybe I might get it for all the benefits it would bring.

Frost_Ace

Paper mario release date PLEASE.
EOxUS.gif

jonno394

I think the only thing that would blow me away is either a video clip of a new 3DS Metroid or a new 3DS Zelda.

Don't care much about DQ7, but it would be massive in Japan i'd assume. FF7 i'd buy if it came out though, and would be massive worldwide, but seeing as Square are currently working on countless FF titles (FFXHD, Versus, Type 0 localisation, FFXV etc) do they have the team for a remake?

beril

I think the only thing that would blow me away is either a video clip of a new 3DS Metroid or a new 3DS Zelda.

Don't care much about DQ7, but it would be massive in Japan i'd assume. FF7 i'd buy if it came out though, and would be massive worldwide, but seeing as Square are currently working on countless FF titles (FFXHD, Versus, Type 0 localisation, FFXV etc) do they have the team for a remake?

Not that I think it'll happen but most of their remakes have been outsourced anyway so that wouldn't really be an issue

Bullza2o

Snap, right on the day of the Vita launch they make a surprise Nintendo Direct. Unfortunately 5am is too early, and I have class 8am for Reggie's conference :( I'll just check GAF periodically.

Snap, right on the day of the Vita launch they make a surprise Nintendo Direct. Unfortunately 5am is too early, and I have class 8am for Reggie's conference :( I'll just check GAF periodically.

Aw man, didn't even think of this. Reiterating Monster Hunter 4 as a 3DS exclusive as a big "fuck you"? Surely they're better than that...

Who represents us anywho? That "poorman's George Clooney" as Ono described him?

French wanker??

Some of the recent rumors and news:

- Ace Attorney
- Little Battlers eXperience
- Inazuma Eleven
- Seaman
- Dragon Quest/Final Fantasy VII
- Pokémon

I'm gonna be disappointed, lol.

FF7 as part of FF 25th anniversary the game that first plan as a N64 FF coming back to Big N? everyone on the hype train

maybe we get FF14 on Wii U at some point

3DS DX
- DSiXL size
- 2nd analog/shoulder buttons
- 17,800 yen / $200

It would take a considerable feat to make this happen, technically. They have to make it work with CPP games that expect to communicate with controls on the IR port, and they have to make the same R trigger button that would communicate in such a way work with legacy games. They'd either have to patch games or come up with some kind of firmware hack / fix, and I just don't see it happening. There might be a bigger 3DS some day, but the issue of extra buttons and analogs will be difficult if there ever is...

I'd rather have a 3DS in the same form factor with better screens, better cameras, 3G and more storage or something.

watershed

Banned
I can't wait for this. Hopefully Reggie will announce some localizations for the wii and ds and Iwata will announce all new games and something on flipnote 3d.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
how did this get hyped

how

I think for the US :
Wii Getting The Last Story & Pandora Tower
3DS: Pokemon related , final release dates for some games

Japan on the other hand:
M E G A T O N S ! !

Top Bottom