• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Direct 2012.6.22 - Jun. 21, 11PM EDT

TDLink

My confident expectations:

Wii:

Kirby Collection explanation and Hype
Dragon Quest X Hype (Japan Only)
Last Story official release date (America Only)

DS:

Pokemon Black/White 2 Hype and International Release Dates

3DS:

NSMB 2 Hype
Project X Zone new characters announced (Japan only)
New firmware (or E-Shop update) to support digital releases of retail games
2-5 other 3DS games shown, probably stuff already shown at E3 and/or out in July

Hiltz

I can see for the Wii side :

Dragon Quest X
A worldwide Wii price cut (maybe next week to be announced)

3DS :

A repeat of games at E3 with release dates for Japan
Maybe new games

Before E3, there was a rumor that Wii's price would drop to $99 starting in the Summer.

TDLink

I still don't understand. When is this happening? Soon? And than it'll be translated in a few hours?

It's happening in about a hour and 20 minutes from the time of this post. See Clipper's time chart for your timezone. There are 3 different Directs, one for each region. They will probably mostly cover the same things but may have a few differing announcements.

Zenaku

Europe one is an hour after the Japanese one.

American one is two hours.

What?

*checks*

Why on Earth is a pre-recorded video being shown at 5AM? Granted, I'll be awake watching the Japanese Direct at 4AM, but there's no need to show the European one so early.

Unless there's a huge world-wide announcement that would lose impact if they wait too long. "Huge-ass announcement? I saw that on the Japanese Direct half a day ago!"

I don't expect huge things, but I hope SnM4's demo will go online after the direct; it still doesn't have a date yet, apparently.

trinest

What?

*checks*

Why on Earth is a pre-recorded video being shown at 5AM? Granted, I'll be awake watching the Japanese Direct at 4AM, but there's no need to show the European one so early.

Unless there's a huge world-wide announcement that would lose impact if they wait too long. "Huge-ass announcement? I saw that on the Japanese Direct half a day ago!"

I don't expect huge things, but I hope SnM4's demo will go online after the direct; it still doesn't have a date yet, apparently.

They mentioned doing it early because of school and work, but that's a load of bullhonky its always an hour after Japan.

Luigiv

You could be onto something, but I call "More than one letter for folder names!"

Graphic Icons! Believe!

Also;
eShop Shopping Cart & Gifting
A drop bin on the home menu for easy fridge management
And Browser+ (main app browser with access to all the RAM) with HTML5 media

Believe!

Yeah won't happen, not in a single update at least.

tim.mbp

What?

*checks*

No one said you have to watch it live. I will watch it when I wake up on Nintendo's YouTube channel.

What?

*checks*

6AM for real Europe... which is still ridiculous. Maybe I'll still catch the one with Iwata, but ima sleep over the EU one and watch the replay after waking up.

zroid

Banned
I still don't get why this isn't a part of the eshop. It was one of the better things about the Wii Shop Channel.

It will be, once they finally get that damned web-based eShop code purchasing set up. Who knows, maybe that'll be announced tonight.

VOOK

We don't know why he keeps buying PAL, either.
Having this Nintendo Direct so soon after E3 just shows the state that Nintendo is in right now. They have no idea what direction they're headed.

A blast of games for the 3DS and Wii, no that's not what they need. It isn't going to help.

Javier

If Nintendo is airing all the NDs so close to each, even if it means East Coasters staying up late and Europeans waking up early, there has to be some sort of important worldwide announcement. I'm guessing new puzzles for the Mii Plaza available as soon as the conference ends?

Hope it's that. I've completed them all already. At least release the Fire Emblem one in the west along with the announcement.

Having this Nintendo Direct so soon after E3 just shows the state that Nintendo is in right now. They have no idea what direction they're headed.

You mean exactly on the same schedule they've been on with regular Nintendo Directs for 6 months?

Yeah, Nintendo is just *crazy*.

Shahadan

A blast of games for the 3DS and Wii, no that's not what they need. It isn't going to help.

Nintendo 'direct' as in, directly to the customer. It's meant to tell regular customers what's coming.

MarkusRJR

Wait this is a worldwide Nintendo Direct?

Guys maybe this'll be the moment they show all of their hardcore fans some awesome new games. It'll be just like how they showed SSBB after their E3 presentation!

.....Guys?

:'(

Rich!

If Nintendo is airing all the NDs so close to each, even if it means East Coasters staying up late and Europeans waking up early, there has to be some sort of important worldwide announcement. I'm guessing new puzzles for the Mii Plaza available as soon as the conference ends?

Hope it's that. I've completed them all already. At least release the Fire Emblem one in the west along with the announcement.

I seriously hope the announcement isn't as seriously dull as that.

New games and release dates, please.

For some time now the Nintendo Direct was happening every two month, I expect the next one to end of Summer.

NateDrake

I'd lol if Nintendo introduced a new 3DS model at this. 0% chance of such a thing happening but the meltdowns would be glorious.

plufim

I'd lol if Nintendo introduced a new 3DS model at this. 0% chance of such a thing happening but the meltdowns would be glorious.

I'd be more interested in seeing what percentage of the "waiting on the redesign" crowd would actually put their money where their mouth is.

My expectation: less than 25%.

NateDrake

I'd be more interested in seeing what percentage of the "waiting on the redesign" crowd would actually put their money where their mouth is.

My expectation: less than 25%.

Probably right. I'm curious what NoA could possibly have to say, aside from Fire Emblem, that won't be covered in the Iwata Direct showing. All this should have happened at E3.

plufim

There'll be overlap, I'm sure, just to have an English version of the announcements/news. Both conferences are probably going to leverage heavily on New Super Mario Brothers 2.

Bullza2o

I wonder if we'll see any Fire Emblem stuff...

We'll most likely hear it...for 2 seconds.

There'll be overlap, I'm sure, just to have an English version of the announcements/news. Both conferences are probably going to leverage heavily on New Super Mario Brothers 2.

Well it depends. Isn't NSMB2 coming in August? There's a Nintendo Direct (supposedly) during that month. Now it depends if the release date is after or before that.

zroid

Banned
okay, wow, didn't notice that they posted the length.

53 minutes, for a Nintendo Direct? That's like double the usual, maybe there's more to this than I initially gave it credit for...
maybe.

MarkusRJR

53 minutes, for a Nintendo Direct? That's like double the usual length, maybe there's more to this than I initially gave it credit for...
maybe.
It's that long?! Oh god I feel the tingling of hype slowly running through my veins. :(

Only 10 minutes now?

53 minutes, for a Nintendo Direct? That's like double the usual, maybe there's more to this than I initially gave it credit for...
maybe.

Long explanations for NSMB2 and Dragon Quest X. Remember in past ones, Kid Icarus took up like 10-15 minutes, and in another, Kiki Trick took a third of it.

Top Bottom