• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Direct 2012.6.22 - Jun. 21, 11PM EDT

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
It looks like we may be getting more news when Nintendo has its 72nd annual shareholder meeting in Japan next week. It's going to be on Thrusday at 10 A.M. in Japan.

Does anything other than Q and A ever come from these?

Glix

Just got the email from Nintendo about this. According to them it's at 9PST which is 12EST, someone should fix the thread title.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
So what Wii news is expected?

AzaK

What can we expect by experience from other meetings of this kind?

We might get a few more tidbits about the online network or NFC and things of that nature. But unlikely to hear anything about big third party games etc

I really should keep a catalogue of Nintendo bits and pieces cause I can never find them again when I need them.

Revven

Just got the email from Nintendo about this. According to them it's at 9PST which is 12EST, someone should fix the thread title.

The topic has the time that it is because... it's for the Japanese Nintendo Direct, which is an hour before Reggie shows up. :V

Hiltz

After E3, I'm keeping my expectations very low, especially if this is just mostly for Wii and 3DS/Pokemon Black & White 2 news.

boyshine

The GBC port is okay, but I didn't enjoy it as much as the Land games. Donkey Kong Land is a really underrated gem on the Game Boy in my opinion. I loved those temple levels.

aaaaand... as opposed to the Country series the third game is by far the best. Donkey Kong Land 3 might be my favourite GB game.

Terrell

Pandora's Tower announced for NA on Wii in October for limited retail release, with an eShop release on WiiU for launch. That's my guess. I'm likely wrong on that, though.
But yeah, I think we're gonna hear about retail DD pricing with some DD titles approaching release semi-soon.

AniHawk

skies of arcadia 2
final fantasy 7 remake
dragon quest 7 remake
popeye the game remake
uncharted 2 remake
animal crossing v1.4 info
majora's mask 3d
top-down zelda game reveal

anything less and i'll be disappointed

skies of arcadia 2
final fantasy 7 remake
dragon quest 7 remake
popeye the game remake
uncharted 2 remake
majora's mask 3d

I don't think you should be expecting uncharted...that has like a 5% chance of happening.

Truth101

Banned
skies of arcadia 2
final fantasy 7 remake
dragon quest 7 remake
popeye the game remake
uncharted 2 remake
majora's mask 3d

Supposedly Uncharted 4 will be a launch title for the Wii U and that Majora's Mask teaser we saw, it was real.

Also a 3D remake of LTTP is coming to the 3DS and monoliths new game is Skies of Arcadia 2.

Did I mention Nintendo is going to announce that they bought Sega and SE out. Which is why we haven't heard of Versus much since it has been taken over by Retro studios and turned into it's own franchise.

Platinum is secretly making Bayo 2 for the Wii U. P-100 is just smoke and mirrors.

Verano

Reads Ace as Lace. May God have mercy on their soul
skies of arcadia 2
final fantasy 7 remake
dragon quest 7 remake
popeye the game remake
uncharted 2 remake
majora's mask 3d

this is nitendo. expect less...cuz I don't. :/

Donkey Kong Country Returns 2: Primal Rage for Wii, controlled by Vitality Sensor.

thumbnail.asp

???

skies of arcadia 2
final fantasy 7 remake
dragon quest 7 remake
popeye the game remake
uncharted 2 remake
majora's mask 3d

Where the hell IS Skies of Arcadia 2? We all know Ramirez had a secret son :p

Wiseblade

Etrian Odyssey 4 confirmed for EU! Fire Emblem: Awakeneing EU release date announced! Mother 3 announced for VC in all regions!

None of these things will happen!

Supposedly it will be 53 minutes long and bonus stuff will play for 11 minutes.

From twitter, so who knows.

Expectations:
Wii - Kirby Collection, Dragon Quest X blowout
3DS - 1-2 new eShop games, Culdcept remention, NSMB2 emphasis, games Sept-Oct

It should be okay.

chris3116

I can see for the Wii side :

Dragon Quest X
A worldwide Wii price cut (maybe next week to be announced)

3DS :

A repeat of games at E3 with release dates for Japan
Maybe new games

Bo130

Is it correct that the Japan Nintendo Direct is in 2½ hours and the other two regions first is in 4½ hours?

Supposedly it will be 53 minutes long and bonus stuff will play for 11 minutes.

From twitter, so who knows.

Expectations:
Wii - Kirby Collection, Dragon Quest X blowout
3DS - 1-2 new eShop games, Culdcept remention, NSMB2 emphasis, games Sept-Oct

It should be okay.

Add in some Brain Training and Pokemon and I'm there (for the Japanese one, anyway)

Wow, Usually these threads would be to 20+ pages by now.

E3 confirmed that Nintendo is only working on games they will release up until April next year, doesn't care about its fans, and has no surprises to reveal again, ever.

Top Bottom