• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Direct 2012.6.22 - Jun. 21, 11PM EDT

Rhythm Heaven Fever, Xenoblade, Kid Icarus?

(probably my top 3 games of 2012, tbh)

Fair. I should have said the only games I bought that I loved were SM3DL & OoT 3d.

Eventually i'll get Xenoblade. i have a big backlog.

Rhythm Heaven Fever I have little interest in.

Kid Icarus hurt my hand when I played my friends copy. so I didn't buy it.

iY7oSz0JTxpO1.gif

Maybe they announce a Tri G International version at the Japan event and don't mention it in any way during the EU/US one. I'd consider that to be in line with the ongoing Monster Hunter trolling.

You monster.

Also, I should have mentioned Pushmo in the last post. And if you say you have little interest in that, please go ahead and slap yourself on my behalf :p

If i was still in college I'd probably have a lot more interest in that game. but it's very rare that I have local multiplayer these days. that game doesn't seem like a robust single player game to me. i could be wrong though.

and I simply forgot about Pushmo. That's a great game.

Javier

Gotta get Majora's Mask first. Then why not release WW and TP?

It'd make the 3DS the best Zelda console, ever:

- Zelda
- Zelda II
- Link's Awakening DX
- Ocarina of Time 3D
- Majora's Mask
- Four Swords
- Minish Cap
- Wind Waker
- Twilight Princess.

Even without WW and TP, that list is absolutely fucking nuts.
Don't forget the possible LTTP remake and the inevitable inclusion of the Oracle games.

*jumps on the hype train* Choo choo! First I got called by work telling me I didn't have to come in for my overnight shift, then I see this on gaf! Day couldn't get any better!

zroid

Banned
If i was still in college I'd probably have a lot more interest in that game. but it's very rare that I have local multiplayer these days. that game doesn't seem like a robust single player game to me. i could be wrong though.

Rhythm Heaven's definitely more of a single player experience than multiplayer. The two player mode is certainly good, but just in terms of "pure fun" it's hard to top RHF.

With 50 main rhythm games and a dozen or so more in bonus stuff, there's plenty of content. It was released at a budget price and as it's dropped even further since then thanks to bomba (sadly), you'd be remiss not to at least try it.

Just the awesome music alone makes it worthwhile.

M-PG71C

Choo-Choo! I'm really liking the Nintendo Direct's because, you know, they are about the fucking games. E3 can go to hell.

Fire Emblem official Stateside announcement trailer. We know its coming, now give it the damn party it deserves! I'll pre-order day one and buy all the DLC like a little bitch.

Revven

Riding the GAF hype train is ridiculous but OH SO FUN.

*Awaits Nintendo Direct and the inevitable announcement of Majora's Mask 3D remake*

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Hmm. Perfect time for them to reveal the Wand of Gamelon 3Dmake I've heard so much about.

tim.mbp

Expectations are low for NOA.

Expecting
Pokemon Conquest
Kingdom Hearts 3D
Heroes of Ruin
Theatrhythm Final Fantasy
Kirby Collection Wii
New Super Mario Bros 2

Maybe
The Last Story
Rhythm Thief & the Emperor’s Treasure
Fire Emblem: Awakening

At most, the US and Europe will get a couple localization announcements and maybe a new eShop game or two.

Any genuinely new retail announcements will only be in the Japanese ND, if at all.

VegaNine

Hello, my friends.

I am Satoru Iwata, President and Chief Goomba of Nintendo.

Thank you for spending so much time with me today.

/end stream

Shiggy

Yeah, right now it's really not clear what's coming for 3DS in between NSMB2 in August and either LM:DM or PM:SS in November (along with Epic Mickey, though you may or may not count that as a major title).

Professor Layton 5 is already announced. Spirits Camera is also coming next week to European territories.

Shiggy

That's definitely not a "major" title.

I was referring to what other Nintendo-published titles are coming this year. By the way, One Piece Unlimited SP2 is published by Namco Bandai, unlike SP1, which was distributed by NoE.

In July NoE is distributing (& doing marketing activities) for Kingdom Hearts 3DS.

TDLink

I just want some solid release dates from now to October.

Well we clearly know the next month and a half for 3DS...FF Theatrhytm, Rhythm Thief, Heroes of Ruin, Kingdom Hearts 3D, and New Super Mario Bros 2. All 4 of those come out in July/first half of August. So really it is just what comes beyond that. I suspect this Nintendo Direct will let us know at least a few things...though end of August is also about when they would probably do another Nintendo Direct.

Top Bottom