• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Direct 2012.6.22 - Jun. 21, 11PM EDT

For the US, I suspect the only "new" thing that they will announce is Fire Emblem, which they already botched by accidentally mentioning it at E3.

Then, we will get another video of Paper Mario, Luigi's Mansion and Castlevania.

Search your feelings, you know it to be true.

Believe.

mclem

I just got a Swapnote about this. It made me laugh.
UDtND.jpg

It doesn't help that his Mii is smirking. Makes him seem sarky.

Clipper

The Letter Box note from Shibata says they want people to be able to watch it before they head to school or the office.
They could show it a few hours later and still give the same reason.

I think they want to have all Directs next to each other. NCL's decision is final, so NOA and NOE has to work around based on NCL's time, which is 10pm CDT. Hence NOA is at 11pm CDT, but it seems it coincides with NOE's time.
It's possible. And do we have confirmation the NoA event is different? I took it as NoA just putting out some tweets about NoE's stream as they are both chalked up for the same time.

For the US, I suspect the only "new" thing that they will announce is Fire Emblem, which they already botched by accidentally mentioning it at E3.

Then, we will get another video of Paper Mario, Luigi's Mansion and Castlevania.

Believe.
Fire Emblem and Layton 5. That's enough for me.

Oh and MH3G. :[

FoneBone

Believe.

I think we might get a Layton announcement, too, but that's all I'd expect.

Bullza2o

It's possible. And do we have confirmation the NoA event is different? I took it as NoA just putting out some tweets about NoE's stream as they are both chalked up for the same time.

I just read NOA's Facebook post and it seems like a video stream.

If NOE puts up a date for FE and NOA simply mentions "hey guys I hear you like FE, so we are proud to announce it --oh did you remember to get Pikmin 2 NPC?" (then completely changes topic)

TDLink

I'm expecting a finalized date for The Last Story on the American one since that game is supposed to come out sometime next month.

mclem

They could show it a few hours later and still give the same reason.

I suspect they want the EU one to go out soon after the JP one to control the message so people don't have much time to gain assumptions based on the content of the JP one.

Peru

Pokemon and MH3G release dates are all I need to be satisfied :)

MH3G was all I needed to be satisfied with e3. I wasn't satisfied. I'll never be satisfied with my life, and it's all because of Capcom.

TDLink

I got an email from amazon a week ago stating July 31st as the new date. Accurate?

No way. That is the date KH 3D comes out too, they won't release against that. They are just moving their release date back by 15 days at a time until an official date is announced. I think Gamestop has the game in their computers but for the 11th. I don't expect that to be the date either.

Rich!

I'm expecting a finalized date for The Last Story on the American one since that game is supposed to come out sometime next month.

Unlike here where I am in the UK though where Nintendo published, aren't XSEED publishing TLS in America? Would Nintendo announce it before them?

pulga

Banned

I wouldn't be mad if they delayed this to port it. 3DS/WiiU I don't care. I couldn't bring myself to play Xenoblade :(

You know what?
I've stayed up to watch Nintendo's Direct events and their press conferences and moved things around in my schedule to watch this stuff. The facts are that it's been disappointmenton every time and all year long.

Not going to watch these this time. I'll just check Gaf tomorrow.

#timeredeemed

Well, Nintendo Direct would be perfect to announce the new Professor Layton. I mean, it's about time and the trailer of Specter's Flute said the next one would be released this year on 3DS.

TDLink

I wouldn't be mad if they delayed this to port it. 3DS/WiiU I don't care. I couldn't bring myself to play Xenoblade :(

You're missing out on a great game for a very stupid and superficial reason. Regardless, I wouldn't expect a port for Xenoblade or The Last Story to the 3DS (in which the graphics would look worse anyways) or Wii U. I mean, never say never but I really wouldn't expect it...especially since Wii U just can play Wii games.

Rich!

You're missing out on a great game for a very stupid and superficial reason. Regardless, I wouldn't expect a port for Xenoblade or The Last Story to the 3DS or Wii U. I mean, never say never but I really wouldn't expect it...especially since Wii U just can play Wii games.

Xenoblade would never happen on 3DS, due to the ridiculous poly count that it relies on. The game is an absolute marvel, considering it's running on the Wii.

I would absolutely love a Wind Waker/Twilight Princess 3DS port (don't mind which one). They'd run both great.

well that's no way to do these things at a.... *checks username* ah, you almost had me there man

Sadly the magic coats pockets weren't big enough for the Gamepad. But he can definitely fit a toy Arwing in there. Pull that out & show off a new Star Fox please.

But again, my expectations are low. Nintendo has been disappointing since DKCR & Other M. Only game released since then that i loved was SM3DL & OoT 3D

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
Sadly the magic coats pockets weren't big enough for the Gamepad. But he can definitely fit a toy Arwing in there. Pull that out & show off a new Star Fox please.

But again, my expectations are low. Nintendo has been disappointing since DKCR & Other M. Only game released since then that i loved was SM3DL & OoT 3D

You...you didn't play Kid Icarus: Uprising.
...AND YOU'RE STILL HERE IN SAYING SUCH STUPID THINGS?!?!!?!?
GO TO BUY IT NOOOOOOWWWWWW!!!!

Rich!

this would definitely make me happy. Wind Waker's visuals would look awesome in 3D too.

Gotta get Majora's Mask first. Then why not release WW and TP?

It'd make the 3DS the best Zelda console, ever:

- Zelda
- Zelda II
- Link's Awakening DX
- Ocarina of Time 3D
- Majora's Mask
- Four Swords
- Minish Cap
- Wind Waker
- Twilight Princess.

Even without WW and TP, that list is absolutely fucking nuts.

Top Bottom