• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Direct Announced for Feb 8th, 2023 (40min long)

still love the Direct today after sleeping on it, as much as I did yesterday. Really my only thought is they must have some cool announcements for fall, given Pikmin 4 is July, and they shadow-dropped Prime out of the blue. Both of those could easily have been slotted in Fall/holiday to fill the calendar if they didn’t have anything else significant planned.

I think the chances of a full Direct in summer is now very strong.

Last edited:

ADiTAR

ידע זה כוח
The answer to all these negative questions is "It's Nintendo"
The people reward them for water drip releases of titles.
They can take 5 years to develop because they can, they can limit the number of developers because it will save money.
They still print money.
As someone who has an OG Switch and owned every console they released, I still don't understand.
I expected there would have to be a at least one of a new Mario, Zelda, Metroid, Mario Kart every year for the system to be successful.
What have we gotten? 1 Mario, 1 Zelda (soon to be 2), 1/2 a Metroid game, and a Wii U Mario Kart.
I haven't turned my Switch on in months and they still sell like hotcakes.
Switch 2 should have been released last year, heck the new Zelda game would have been a perfect showcase but nothing hints they are even working on it.
Go play Metroid Prime remastered.

I don't get the water drip, they may not be titles for you, but Nintendo is releasing a game per month almost.

Woopah

Go play Metroid Prime remastered.

I don't get the water drip, they may not be titles for you, but Nintendo is releasing a game per month almost.
It is 7 games in the first 7 months (thought to be fair 2 of those are remasters) this year, following them publishing 11 retail games last year. They deifinitely aren't drip feeding their games.

ADiTAR

ידע זה כוח
It is 7 games in the first 7 months (thought to be fair 2 of those are remasters) this year, following them publishing 11 retail games last year. They deifinitely aren't drip feeding their games.
And there will be something in June.

ADiTAR

ידע זה כוח
I feel like if there was something in June it would have been at the Direct (unless its a causal thing liek the 1 2 Switch sequel). There will probably be another Direct in June though.
True, but they had so much already, they prob wanted a twitter drop. esp if it's Mario Baseball.

Woopah

True, but they had so much already, they prob wanted a twitter drop. esp if it's Mario Baseball.
All the other Mario Sports games were in Directs, I can't see them Twitter dropping Baseball (unless its North Americaonly for some reason).

Andyliini

wtf is wrong gaf 10 out of 10 fo mer and i know different tastes and all that but when prime remaster drops like that what do you want?
Yeah, I have read comments around other sites and social media, this Direct has had mostly positive reception. GAF is just on it's own bubble when it comes to Nintendo.

Top Bottom