• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Direct Announced for Feb 8th, 2023 (40min long)

Bitmap Frogs

Mr. Community
So basically a Steam Deck is going to rofflestomp any official hardware Nintendo lets us play TotK on, on resolution and filtering

Really wish it was a showcase title for a Switch Pro/2

I have this theory in my head that TOTK was supposed to be the headline for the switch pro but the silicon drought made nintendo cancel the revision and totk had to be remade.

disclaimer: i have zero proof nor insider knowledge, any theories contained therein are purely uninformed.

Ogbert

Also, BoTW is my favourite game of all time, but that choppy 30fps is going to really hold it back.

Jsisto

That sounded like Oocoo from Twilight Princess at the title shot at the end. Makes sense and would go with the floating islands thing going on. Can’t wait! What was shown kinda makes it seem like the events of BoTW were pointless. They underestimated just how too angry to die Ganon really was, lol.

Last edited:

MiguelItUp

I will always have heart for Nintendo, but man, it'd be really cool to see one of these and be excited back to back. after the past few directs I've been feeling like I'll never be honest to god excited about a Nintendo game again, lol. It's kind of depressing considering I grew up adoring Nintendo SO much.

very underwhelmed, even by zelda
I'm finding it more and more difficult to get excited by what look like straight ports.
Yeah, I couldn't agree more. Rough ports too. I loved when they showed Katamari Damacy and it had ALL kinds of rough FPS. Along with more Mario Kart 8 milking. Old courses, reskinned characters, etc. I feel like Metroid Prime Remastered was the biggest thing, and it being available now was surprising.

I have NO idea how they're going to get Zelda to perform decently on the Switch at all.

Last edited:

Trunx81

Highlights:

1. Baten Kaitos
2. Metroid Prime Remastered
3. GB and GBA
4. That fashion game that we got instead of THAT WIZARD GAME

ADiTAR

ידע זה כוח
I'm glad we didn't get to see too much of TotK, I just wanna play it.

It would've been nice if it had a better video edit.

Metroid Prime Remake looks great, I don't get people saying this looks like the original.

Alexios

Cores, shaders and BIOS oh my!
My chatlog while watching it live:

Pikmin 4 looked much like 3 to me. Been years tho maybe need a fresh comparison. Doubt it's diff though.
Ho hum so far nothing much. Indie game, casual game, xenoblade expansionstuff...
Ooh, ghost trick remaster looks nicely done.
This anime police thing looks almost good but hate the char style. Is it Level 5 or something.
Ok that looks like a nice full on JRPG. Want.
Bayonetta origins looks meh.
Splatoonstuff, kay.
Disney platform thingie looks okay. A bit too zoomed out for a portable isn't it? Makes sense for TV coop but on portable seems like it'll be 2 small.
Fire emblem contentstuff #care
Don't nod adventure looks, Idk, but clearly low budgetstuff.
Octopath 2 kay.
Katamari kay.
Sea of stars looks good but idk, think had enough of these retro indie jrpgs like solar pier and what not
Omega strikers meh. wannabe f2p windjammers.
Etrian odyssey 1-3 remasters, neat.
There were 6 though, should have them all rather than probly separate to another bundle.
Advance wars remakes kay
Lol, been a while since the last Deluxe game I guess. Kirby's return to dreamland, kay.
That was actually a wii game, not wii u. Looks pretty nice considering.
Should be ending soon... what will they hit with
Sigh, gameboystuff for online service?
They rly need to go back to the VC format for this shit, online service just makes them so... temporary.
Guh move onnnn
Metroid Prime remaster lol, not even the whole trilogy.
Oh. That looks quite involved remaster. Though not quite remake.
Good stuff though.
Weird, digital out now, physical march.
Master detective archives raincode looks okay, kinda persona-ish.
Baten Kaitos remasters look alright.
Much like square remasters of ffx-xii etc.
Fantasy life k.
Ooh what's this. Layton!
Aw just a tease
Mario kart morestuff...
Scraping the bottom of the barrel there surely game can go die already :d
So many courses they all blend together surely
More indiestuff, some nice.
What will they end with? tears of the kingdom? prime 4?
More retrostuff...
Ho humm random stuff.
It's ending finally!
Tears of the kingdom it is.
Ok that looked great. But I mean, it's BOTW with newstuff!
May 12!

Nautilus

Banned
5/10.

What a dissapoitning direct. The last 10 minutes made the direct so much better(Was kind of a 3/10 before that), but it was so weak.

He had no second half game! Pikmin 4 is barely a second half of the year game, since its like in July.

Terrible direct. The best things we saw were two GameCube games and GBA added to Online.

I love BoTW but even Zelda looked super underwhelming if I'm being honest. Like, I really hope Nintendo has something crazy up their sleeve with this game?

How many dipshits are there on this page alone that didn't know Zelda has had this release date announced like 5 months ago.

Shifty1897

Great Direct. Metroid Prime Remastered, Gameboy and Advance games coming today, Etrian Odyssey Collection, Baten Kaitos 1+2, Advance Wars 1+2, Octopath 2 and Sea of Stars demos today, Professor Layton, and Zelda looked great, those clouds look volumetric but I have no clue how they're doing that on old ass Switch hardware.

NahaNago

I'd give this direct like a rating of B-. It felt more like a direct for hardcore Nintendo fans. It felt simply solid. With that said I'm probably going to end up buying like 80% of these games

DonJorginho

Banned
May?!

Ha ha, all those mocking this Direct, get wrecked!

Nintendo:

See Ya Reaction GIF by WWE
I mean it's great to see no delays and MP1 Remaster was a pleasant surprise to see shadow dropped but come on that was no slam dunk 🤣 it was almost a disaster without Zelda.

Zelda lookin creepy and cool can't wait.

Other highlights:

-Large story DLC for Xenoblade looks grandiose with massive story connecting things
-pikmanz 4 sure to be nice
-gameboy and gba stuff
-The detective game from danganronpa guys is intriguing
-kinda like bayokami tbh
-The other police anime jrpg something or other with cars also kinda intriguing
-many nice old things ported which isn't exciting but I kinda want everything to be on the switch since u can take it where ever so advance wars, metroid prime, baten kaitos, etrian odyssey all welcome but not hype

Laieon

Nothing I've seen for Tears of the Kingdom suggests to me that it wasn't initially intended, at least very early in development, to be DLC for BOTW. I'm really not sold yet on this being an entirely new game (despite it being in development for as long as it has) and my enjoyment of it ultimately depends on it having actual dungeons.

That was an extremely underwhelming trailer.

Last edited:

GHG

The Baten Kaitos remasters make me want to get a switch, I can't lie.

I think that plus Bayo 3 should be enough to justify it.

Last edited:

Majukun

Zelda trailer was disappointing

Serious DLC vibes

Compare that to BOTW trailer right before release, far less hype
on one hand, i agree it was disappointing.
on the otheer last time they re-used assets for a zelda game, we got majora's mask

main issue is that it doesn't seem to address any of the weak points of botw...enemy variety?we got TWO more enemies, one of which looks like a boss

lack of proper dungeons? nothing shown here

sometimes to much negative space?game seems paced just like the first one

also italian dub during the trailer was not great either

Jsisto

I’m gonna laugh so hard at everyone trashing breath of the wild 2 based on very limited footage when it becomes the best game of the generation.

Punished Miku

Gold Member
Nothing I've seen for Tears of the Kingdom suggests to me that it wasn't initially intended, at least very early in development, to be DLC for BOTW. I'm really not sold yet on this being an entirely new game (despite it being in development for as long as it has) and my enjoyment of it ultimately depends on it having actual dungeons.

That was an extremely underwhelming trailer.
The sky looked super bare bones.

Robb

Gold Member
Nothing I've seen for Tears of the Kingdom suggests to me that it wasn't initially intended, at least very early in development, to be DLC
I thought it was confirmed that it started out that way and they had so many new ideas that it turned into its own game. Kinda like with Super Mario Galaxy 2, and a lot of other sequels I guess.

I might be misremembering though.

Woopah

Pretty middling Direct overall. Prime shadowdrop was nice, Pikimin 4 being Summer is great, and no Zelda delay (not that I was expecting one) . Was not expecting the best third party to be Level 5 with new Fantasy Life, new Layton and a new IP. I thought Square Enix would have a lot but they showed hardly anything.

The fact that Nintnedo showed 0 first party games after July tells me that they're going to have another General Direct in June.

NanaMiku

It was not he best direct but I got more info and Xenoblade 3 DLC, Fire Emblme Engage DLC, Advance War, Zelda, Octopath 2 and Baten Kaitos 1&2, I would say I'm somewhat happy what I got.

I might be alone on this but I'm soooooo hype for this.

Yup, pretty surprised with the Fire Emblem Heroes character will be DLC. Baten Kaitos, Ghost Trick, and Etrian Oddysey was nice surprise

Some interesting title for me
Fantasy Life i
New Layton game
Decapolice looks interesting
Samba de Amigo new game
Another Boku no Natsuyasumi spiritual succesor
Atelier Marie remake
New Momotaro Dentetsu, the stage is now world, not just Japan

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Things I'm looking forward to that were shown, in order of hype

New Professor Layton
Fantasy Life The Girl Who Stole Time
Octopath Traveler II
Xenoblade 3 Story DLC
Decapolice
Baten Kaidos Collection
Etrian Oddysey Collection
Gameboy / GBA Games
Metroid Prime Remake / physical release

Everything else, I wasn't really interested in

ebevan91

I thought it was confirmed that it started out that way and they had so many new ideas that it turned into its own game. Kinda like with Super Mario Galaxy 2, and a lot of other sequels I guess.

I might be misremembering though.

I think I read something like that before too.

Jsisto

It was not he best direct but I got more info and Xenoblade 3 DLC, Fire Emblme Engage DLC, Advance War, Zelda, Octopath 2 and Baten Kaitos 1&2, I would say I'm somewhat happy what I got.

I might be alone on this but I'm soooooo hype for this.

Youre not alone, man. As soon as I saw Alvis I screamed. This seems to be tying up loose ends and I absolutely cant wait for this dlc!!!! New hero looks dumb though lol

Last edited:
Top Bottom