• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Direct announced for September 14 at 7AM PT, 10AM ET, 15 UK, 16 CEST featuring 40 minutes of Nintendo Switch games releasing this Winter

tkscz

XCX port. Let's gooooo.
I'd honestly rather see that come out on a Switch successor as a showcase game. This game's map was BIGGER than BotW's and honestly more fun to traverse. So I rather see something significantly more powerful than the WiiU get it as a port.

More on topic, I just want more info on Super Mario RPG remake. Like I want to know if there will be new content and the like.

bender

What time is it?
Not yet sold on WarioWare.
angry-wwe.gif

Gambit2483

So the word in the street is that donkey Kong and fzero will be shown?
Yeah but don't get your hopes up too high. Speculation is that Donkey Kong is just a "Mario vs DK" game and F-Zero might be a battle royale-like 99vs online game. While that could be fun it's still not a traditional F-Zero game...but hopefully these are just speculations and not what we will actually get.

StueyDuck

Banned
Please for the love of God Nintendo show something more than farm games and weeb shit for era creeps.

Give me some metroid 4. Fzero shit Even star fox

Why are people so confident in F-Zero showing up in this direct? and how do any of y'all know it's gonna be anything good?

gonna be pretty hard to top GX imo

more Mario Wonder and Mario Remake footage and a preview of the new system would be good, though
There's a very reliable leaker who has very heavily implied FZero being at the Direct. Jumping off from that, Nintendo knows how hungry many are for a new FZero, so if theyre doing something FZero-related, it needs to be something major like a new premium retail release, in addition to NSO catalogue titles being added to GBA.

Oh im aware, and i agree. but ive already seen posts elsewhere of people making these ridiculous predictions.

Nintendo isnt going to cannibalize their holiday sales
Agreed that some people are predicting, but it's like, there is just a 0% chance for a multitude of reasons. Not to mention that Nintendo wouldn't announce or tease new system in a Direct with 24 hours notice. They'd want people to have time to spread the word, give people a few weeks, like with the 2017 Switch presentation. Thier last press conference to this day.

alf717

Moving up Mario Wonder release date? Unless there is a Mario Wonder demo out I just saw someone playing it online already.

Jinzo Prime

Gold Member
Expectations:

-TYD Port
-XSX Port
-F-Zero GX Port
-KOS-MOS Trilogy Port
-Galaxy 2/Super Mario 3D Land Port
-Metroid Prime 2/3 Port

I'd be happy with this. I don't want a great direct right now. I want a Switch 2 in 2024 as soon as possible, and that won't happen if they have lots of big games to sell.

Banjo64

cumsessed
Any chance we get a GameCube emulator for NSO? Or can the switch not run it?
I think Nintendo might not do that because

A. The app size would be far too big

B. The Game Cube has games that are still passable on handheld and easily remasterable ala Pikmin 1&2 HD to sell at full price and pad out their release schedule.

I'd be happy with this. I don't want a great direct right now. I want a Switch 2 in 2024 as soon as possible, and that won't happen if they have lots of big games to sell.

Come to think of it... it wouldn't surprise me if they had originally planned for Switch 2 to be released this fall. So all you are gonna get between now and the Switch 2's launch is filler games.

THE DUCK

voted poster of the decade by bots
Unlikely. They don't want to impact their last Christmas sales for the Switch.

I'm betting they'll announce it Spring 24 with a release later that year.

Sales are already starting to decline and the only people left to buy a switch are casuals who trust me, don't follow tech news. Price and I need one now dictates the purchase.
So they don't have a lot to risk, especially with all the leaks......

Last edited:

BlackTron

Sales are already starting to decline and the only people left to buy a switch are casuals who trust me, don't follow tech news. Price and I need one now dictates the purchase.
So they don't have a lot to risk, especially with all the leaks......

No matter how you look at it, Nintendo has nothing to gain by revealing Switch before Xmas except for lost holiday sales.

If even a single person decides to wait for Switch 2, or they lose a single software sale this year, because of Switch 2 early reveal. They get no advantage back for that sacrifice. It's worthless and useless.

Guess what you advertise for the holidays...the product you have on the shelf to sell for that holiday, you marketing geniuses.

blacktout

B. The Game Cube has games that are still passable on handheld and easily remasterable ala Pikmin 1&2 HD to sell at full price and pad out their release schedule.

I don't think any of the GameCube remasters have been sold at full price yet, but otherwise I agree with you. Nintendo has decided that it's more profitable to remaster and sell GameCube games individually than to use them to try to increase NSO subscriptions.

Also, so much for my Direct Mini prediction. I've rarely been so happy to be wrong.

thatJohann

We’re worse off than I thought if it can’t.
That would suck. I hope they keep bringing more console emulators to switch. I’d love a surprise sega Dreamcast emulator. But I know it won’t happen.

Astral Dog

Time for everyone to get overly invested in a commercial again. Yay! Snark aside, I don't care too much if there aren't any heavy hitters here (although I do still hold out hope for Prime 4), and I don't expect much in that realm as the Switch winds down. But there can still be fun in smaller and quirkier games as well, so I hope for something surprising.

The rumor mill states FE4 remake is also complete and just waiting. It just seems like an odd situation. I suppose between Triangle Strategy in March and FE Three Hopes in June, perhaps Nintendo decided to delay Engage to give their partners breathing room. But then it just creates a traditional Fire Emblem pileup afterwards if this rumor is true. Personally, it's a bit frustrating for me. I want "a" Fire Emblem to play, but not overly excited about Engage and have heard FE4 is one of the best. I just want to know if it's coming so I can hold off on Engage or if I should just accept Engage as is...
FE Engage is superb👌 jump in,and they finally fixed the hideous graphics from TH

I expect great things from Fire Emblem on Switch 2

the only thing i want from this Direct is Metroid Prime 2 remaster 🤤 anything else is a bonus if they are reserving the big guns for Switch 2

BlackTron

That would suck. I hope they keep bringing more console emulators to switch. I’d love a surprise sega Dreamcast emulator. But I know it won’t happen.

Since we already have Genesis. I think this is plausible for Switch 2 where the emulation will be possible. Switch 1 is not capable of reliable DC emulation. GC is even worse, Nintendo ninjas probably customized their own emulator for Sunshine

64bitmodels

Reverse groomer.
Switch 1 is not capable of reliable DC emulation.
yeah... no.

DC emulation these days is easy. In order for it to be a challenge the Switch'd have to be underpowered to the point of not even being able to run N64 full speed and that's clearly not the case.

BlackTron

yeah... no.

DC emulation these days is easy. In order for it to be a challenge the Switch'd have to be underpowered to the point of not even being able to run N64 full speed and that's clearly not the case.

I guess you don't know very much about DC emulation on Switch. DC is way more advanced than 64 and it's believable you need a higher cut machine to do it. It could be arguable that the state of homebrew Switch DC emulation just sucks, except for one thing -Switch can be booted into Android, gaining access to apps that drive the Tegra like a native phone allowing 1:1 comparisons. It really depends on the game and how taxing it is, but its shoddy and unreliable. The Mariko, overclocked, has better luck. But of course the target spec for a real Nintendo feature is v1 base performance not an overclocked revision model.

Maybe Switch 2 :)

Last edited:
Top Bottom