• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Direct coming November 12 [Over]

Aostia

El Capitan Todd
Even if Japan isn't going to have a direct it doesn't mean this will be an underwhelming direct. There are a ton of games that Japan has that we're all dying for: Dragon Quest 7 & 8, Monsters 1/2/J3, and Rocket Slime... :( as well as The Great Ace Attorney & Monster Hunter X, all of which Nintendo has a history of helping localize and/or publish in those franchises.

I would love a direct focused on 3ds localizations yet to be confirmed, some more dates as for FF explorer and star Fox,Zelda tp hd and new smash dlc

Drop the bomb, Nintendo.

Do it for Iwata.

Iwata will make sure it rains bombs from heaven for us!

a5d.gif

Frodo

There is nothing like a Nintendo Direct to shake things up in here a bit.

I love for that crazy, uncontrollable, unreasonable, utterly heartfelt hype.

Peléo

I always try to remain calm and keep expectations low, but as soon as they announce a Direct I raise my expectations to this levels:

Melee HD, Earthbound 3DS, Nazo No Murasame, F-Zero, Pokken, Splatoon DLC, Metroid 2D, Nintendo x Capcom, Startropics, Mario Strikers 3, Megaman 3D developed by EAD.

maxcriden

No basis for this wish but reveal Gba games on the eshop.

Got some good news for you. They've been on the Wii U eShop for a year and a half. ;)

But seriously, I don't think regular 3DS can handle 'em, and there's probably no point releasing them just for N3DS, especially if the Wii U VC and not 3DS VC might be absorbed into NX.

Bulbasaur

Banned
While it will be comforting to see one again, I guess my expectations are pretty low, and that's a good thing going into a Direct.

But a whole month away? Did they used to announce them this far out?

I'm imagining Kimishima, if he makes an appearance, will be sitting behind a desk. Fists on the desk in front of him wearing a Baloon Fight helmet and just yelling at the Camera.

Edit .

Oh November 12th riiiiiiiiiight, thanks guise!

Someone, make the wait more painful/exciting by making a countdown timer. Add to the OP. =D

Smash news and ....well anything will probably get me excited and happy!

While it will be comforting to see one again, I guess my expectations are pretty low, and that's good thing going into a Direct.

I think your reading it wrong

D

Deleted member 465307

Unconfirmed Member
While it will be comforting to see one again, I guess my expectations are pretty low, and that's good thing going into a Direct.

The Direct is scheduled for 2 PM PST on November 12. That's just over 48 hours from now.

smisk

Dream announcement: Gamecube games on the eshop, new metroid, twilight princess HD.

Unfortunately I'll be at work during this but hopefully I can see what happens on twitter.

Chastten

Banned
More info on Final Fantasy Explorers, Bravely Second and Fire Emblem please. Those games will keep my 3DS busy for quite a while next year.

MAtgS

The Star Wars tweet just looks like bragging about Nintendo's existing history with SW. If we count Lego & Disney Infinity, both 3DS & Wii U have already had SW releases.

Chase17

While it will be comforting to see one again, I guess my expectations are pretty low, and that's a good thing going into a Direct.

I'm imagining Kimishima, if he makes an appearance, will be sitting behind a desk. Fists on the desk in front of him wearing a Baloon Fight helmet and just yelling at the Camera.
The US goes month then day for dates. So it's only two days away!

El Odio

Banned
Lego_iwata.jpg

satoru-iwata-for-aih.jpg

I hope goofy stuff like this continues Iwata was a legend
Yeah. Thinking about it now I wonder if we'll ever see crazy setups like this and the Star Fox puppets or if it'll be like the ones where someone is just speaking in front of the camera inbetween footage.

Gonna say what I hope to see.

Pokken Tournament News (trailer, modes, characters, release date)
Star Fox Zero (new trailer and modes)
New amiibo or new lines (some for Star Fox and/or Pokken)
Great Ace Attorney coming to the west with Nintendo publishing it (BELIEVE)
Twilight Princess HD coming next year
More GBA VC releases (Metroid Zero Mission and Sonic Advance)
Smash Wii U DLC characters
Fire Emblem x Shin Megami Tensei's western name and release date
Fire Emblem Conquest/Birthright release date

Any surprises are more than welcome!

Got some good news for you. They've been on the Wii U eShop for a year and a half. ;)

But seriously, I don't think regular 3DS can handle 'em, and there's probably no point releasing them just for N3DS, especially if the Wii U VC and not 3DS VC might be absorbed into NX.

Yeah the good news isn't going to help my situation, don't have a wii u. Was waiting on Zelda to jump in but yeah your right about the nxt. Ah well here's hoping for some 3ds games to look forward to.

Man it has been like 5 months since we have had any news from the Big N. I look forward to seeing what they've been up to. Hopefully we get at least 1 new announcement from it

D

Deleted member 465307

Unconfirmed Member
Even if Nintendo of Japan doesn't announce a Direct and this is entirely focused on the Japanese localizations that are filling Nintendo's 2016 lineup outside of Japan, that would mean we could expect at least one more Direct to happen. Reasoning: I don't think Kimishima would tell Japanese investors that a Direct is coming if one isn't happening in Japan. That means we should expect at least one semi-exciting Direct (likely full of amiibo and DLC plans) to happen this year, even if it ends up not being this one.

Hatchtag

Banned
Personal guesses:
-Smash Bros DLC. Wolf, Snake, Shovel Knight, Inkling, Ridley, K Rool. Pick 3.
-Pokken Tournament newcomer
-Twilight Princess HD
-VC and Wii re-releases
-Pokemon Z officially revealed. Big first half 2016 game, either February, April or June
-Fire Emblem if's localization dated, takes one of the months Z didn't take
-#FE releases same day because stupid
-SMT4 Final localization announced
-Rhythym Heaven 3DS localization announced
-Surprise, Project GAURD releases before the end of the year. Eshop release
-DLC for Triforce Heroes
-More Amiibo
-Star Fox trailer, release date
-Hyrule Warriors 3D release date
-Cryptic hint to tune in to The Game Awards December 3rd
-Custom Robo AAA reboot is the first game revealed for the NX
not really but a man can dream

I feel this is fairly conservative. No unexpected game releases announced. Only actual new games announced with this would be Twilight Princess HD and Pokemon Z, two very expected games due to leaks/being fucking Pokemon.

I'm glad Skyward Sword has been completely forgotten by Nintendo.

Twilight Princess and Wind Waker serve as the representation for the series in Smash Bros/in Amiibo.

Both games are available on the Wii U in new releases.

Zelda Wii U uses the same control scheme as Wind Waker and Twilight Princess.

Just hopefully Demise or Hylia or whatever don't show up in Zelda U.

I'm glad Skyward Sword has been completely forgotten by Nintendo.

Twilight Princess and Wind Waker serve as the representation for the series in Smash Bros/in Amiibo.

Both games are available on the Wii U in new releases.

Zelda Wii U uses the same control scheme as Wind Waker and Twilight Princess.

Just hopefully Demise or Hylia or whatever don't show up in Zelda U.

Skyward Sword was a control scheme nightmare. Miyamotos botched E3 stage demonstration of the game wasn't too far off from how it felt at times lol

Top Bottom