• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Direct coming November 12 [Over]

Skyward Sword was a control scheme nightmare. Miyamotos botched E3 stage demonstration of the game wasn't too far off from how it felt at times lol
My hope is that when Nintendo inevitably decides to remaster it, they let you just play with normal controls. Who knows if the remote even works with the NX?

D

Deleted member 126221

Unconfirmed Member
My hope is that when Nintendo inevitably decides to remaster it, they let you just play with normal controls. Who knows if the remote even works with the NX?

How would that even work? Using the right stick to slash?

EDIT: And I'm on the camp that found the Skyward Sword controls just fine. I feel some people didn't even give the controls a chance. I saw a friend of mine play the final battle and he was still mindlessly shaking the remote, complaining the controls were broken...

How would that even work? Using the right stick to slash?
They'd have to redesign it obviously. It probably won't even be remade at all if it's not worth the cost. But that just goes back to what I said about being happy that everything about that game is being forgotten. Except like Skyloft as a location I guess.

maxcriden

Yeah the good news isn't going to help my situation, don't have a wii u. Was waiting on Zelda to jump in but yeah your right about the nxt. Ah well here's hoping for some 3ds games to look forward to.

I hear ya. Was mostly teasing, sorry man. If NX doesn't end up getting backwards compatibility or a ton of remasters, definitely get a Wii U. In the meantime, there must be some DS/3DS gems you've missed. Have you played Ghost Trick? Soul Bubbles? Box Boy? Pushmo/Stretchmo?

Delio

All I want is a release date for this for the US.

kDKRDYh.jpg

Yeah.

I honestly had no idea the tone and charm the Directs were gonna grow to have under his lead. It'd be a shame to not uphold it going forward.

I dont know the path america will take, but Shibata tried to do the same type of sketches Iwata did. He dressed as Phoenix Wright, danced with one of those dance games, ect... So I suppose he, at least, will continue to present european direct the same way.
He is the best president Nintendo of Europe has ever have. We usually get everything Nintendo makes, even the too japanese games, the collectors editions, theres no shortage of amiibos since some months ago...

I get what you are saying. Last E3 is pretty bad, but the 5 worst E3's in Nintendo's history are:

1. 2008
2. 2008
3. 2008
4. 2008
5. 2008

Agreed. Although 2012's was also so bad that I'd say they're still feeling the repercussions of that presentation to this day. But yeah, 2008 was the complete bottom of the barrel.

Well to be fair Iwata passed away shortly after E3, hence why they went silent for awhile.

Yeah, I respect they did that but still, it's baffling that games like Animal Crossing that are right around the corner - and all they have to rely on as a big holiday game - are getting little marketing compared to previous years.

Same. I'm happy that a new Direct is happening but I feel very indifferent with Nintendo right now because of the radio silence they've had since E3. Makes me think Nintendo doesn't care about it's fans/customers by not revealing or saying anything for too long. Hope that changes this thursday though... I still have a bit of hope...

These are my sentiments exactly. I have hope, but it's hard to get excited when a lot of stuff is so far and we have very little information. Not to say that I feel entitled or anything but as many of us are loyal customers, and the ones that have carried them through the shit Wii U times, it makes a difference in communicating to their customers on why we should continue to support them through this transitional period to the NX. I want to support them, I just need a little justification in doing so. Hopefully Thursday's Direct gives a little insight into why we should.

Maengun1

Noooo I only work 2 days this week, but I have an 8-hour shift on the 12th, starting an hour before the direct starts. And I don't have internet access at my job.

I'm going to work myself into such an unbelievable hype frenzy. 50 Megaton game announcements, every character on my Smash wishlist confirmed...

Shaldome

Nice, was waiting for the next Direct and it is not to late for me to watch. Looking forward of how they changed the format if it is changed or who will be the main presenter.

maxcriden

Yeah. Thinking about it now I wonder if we'll ever see crazy setups like this and the Star Fox puppets or if it'll be like the ones where someone is just speaking in front of the camera inbetween footage.

Iwata left Nintendo a more fun and whimsical place, and I doubt they will squander that.

I hear ya. Was mostly teasing, sorry man. If NX doesn't end up getting backwards compatibility or a ton of remasters, definitely get a Wii U. In the meantime, there must be some DS/3DS gems you've missed. Have you played Ghost Trick? Soul Bubbles? Box Boy? Pushmo/Stretchmo?

No need to say sorry, but yeah I'm going to have to get a wii u if nxt isn't backward compatibility simply for the platinum games as well as pikmin 3. I've got a decent backlog but just want to know the 3ds has a future. Will definitely get ghost trick in the future though.

Hmmm... haven't seen any wishlists that are too silly, so let me remedy that :D

- Ashley promoted to playable in smash bros along with new additions/other characters promoted
- Mario Tennis will have free content downloads including new courts and characters... one of which is Ashley
- why all this Ashley? To celebrate the announcement of a brand new Warioware for Wii-U of course! :p

maxcriden

I'm glad Skyward Sword has been completely forgotten by Nintendo.

Twilight Princess and Wind Waker serve as the representation for the series in Smash Bros/in Amiibo.

Both games are available on the Wii U in new releases.

Zelda Wii U uses the same control scheme as Wind Waker and Twilight Princess.

Just hopefully Demise or Hylia or whatever don't show up in Zelda U.

I could take or leave Demise, but I sure hope for more Ghirahim and Scrapper.

scrapper+e+fi+skyward+sword+nintendo+blast.gif

ChaosXVI

So happy to see a Direct finally on the horizon, even if I don't expect a whole lot from it. I figure we get more info on Mario Tennis, Amiibo Festival, Xenoblade and Star Fox. Probably both Fire Emblem and SMTxFE or whatever it is as well, and if Zelda TP HD is real, it'll probably show up just like MM3D did in last November's big Direct.

Also, I think it's time we see some more stuff on Metroid Prime Federation Force...because I want them to make me like it, and E3 was a terrible first impression. Maybe release Metroid fucking Zero Mission in NA too, that'd certainly sweeten the deal for me...seriously it's been on the JP eShop since June 2014, what's the holdup?

NSESN

Zelda Skyward Sword has the best control scheme of the series, honestly I wanted Zelda U to keep the motion controls.

GamerJM

Banned
SS controls ranged from masterful to "why does the game use motion controls here". For things like the sword combat it was amazing, for things like flying I'm perplexed at the fact that they didn't just let me use an analog stick.

Oh, another totally unfathomable Direct idea: they announce a splatfest where you have to pick two nintendo characters and whichever team wins gets their character in smash sometime next year :p

HeySeuss

Preparing for disappointment. Gonna be a nice tribute to Iwata and a bunch of games we already know about.

No surprises and no Zelda U.

i played skyward sword in august and i absolutely loved the game. It's a worthy zelda title and i think that the controls were great for it. Of course given that not everyone was comfortable with it and i the main controller is the gamepad, i don't think that future zelda titles should have all of the motion controls from SS. But gyroscopic aiming is a must going forward in my opinion and i am glad that Zelda U has it, since the game awards showed us aonuma aiming with the gamepad to shoot some arrows and mark a place with a beam using the gyro aiming.

Another thing is that since some people aren't comfortable at all with any kind of motion controls, they always should give people options for this. Which they do! Wind Waker HD is one of the zelda titles that give a lot of control options to the player. You can even play with the Pro controller. You can play off-tv, you can play using gyro, you can use inverted controls, it's great in my opinion.

maxcriden

Nice, was waiting for the next Direct and it is not to late for me to watch. Looking forward of how they changed the format if it is changed or who will be the main presenter.

From what I understood of the recent comments from Nintendo, the new format won't be debuted until next year, at which point it might not even be called an ND.

Preparing for disappointment. Gonna be a nice tribute to Iwata and a bunch of games we already know about.

No surprises and no Zelda U.

AFAIK every single ND ever has had a surprise or multiple surprises. Unless you don't count something leaked like TP HD, but regardless I expect surprises beyond that.

No need to say sorry, but yeah I'm going to have to get a wii u if nxt isn't backward compatibility simply for the platinum games as well as pikmin 3. I've got a decent backlog but just want to know the 3ds has a future. Will definitely get ghost trick in the future though.

Thanks man. Pikmin 3 is truly astounding. As is Ghost Trick. You've got some great gaming in your future. Don't hesitate to shoot me a PM if you're ever in need of a good recommendation for a DS/3DS game!

Kid Icarus uprising u tomorrow i can feel it

That and the Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon remasters, please. I'd be all for those as "schedule padders."

I'd be fine if Ghirahim kept showing up in spinoffs and cameos. I don't remember Scrapper haha

If you forgot the best Zelda character of the past ten years you really played a whole different Skyward Sword than I did. ;___;

Here's another chance for them to announce Dragon Quest VII and for me to cry about it again. :(

I've got your tissues ready, bro. Prep dem tears. Might be time to learn Japanese. :)

Top Bottom