• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Direct coming November 12 [Over]

TDLink

That's a smartphone game

Here's the Localization List of Pain:

7th Dragon III Code: VFD
Beyond the Labyrinth
Dai Gyakuten Saiban (The Great Ace Attorney)
Daigasso! Band Brothers P
Digimon World Re:Digitize Decode
Dragon Quest Monsters: Terry's Wonderland 3D
Dragon Quest Monsters 2: Iru and Luca's Marvelous Mysterious Key
Dragon Quest Monsters Joker 3
Dragon Quest VII
Dragon Quest VIII
Dragon Quest XI
Monster Hunter Stories
Monster Hunter X
Picross 3D 2
Puyo Puyo Tetris
Rhythm Tengoku The Best Plus
Shin Megami Tensei IV: Final
Slime MoriMori Dragon Quest 3
Theatrhythm Dragon Quest
The Tetsudou Nippon! Rosen Tabi games for me personally

Localization-hungry people can turn these into a bingo card lol

I thought Monster Hunter Stories was confirmed for localization? Maybe I was mistaken.

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
Totally hyped.

No announcement for a japanese Direct is rather suspicious thought, especially after all this time. Shouldn't get my hopes up for Pokémon Z reveal...

IIRC, Directs for Japan usually get announced around...in around an hour from now? Correct me if I'm wrong.

It's also true this Direct was announced one hour later than usual for both US and Europe.

AdanVC

Strangely enough, end of the year's Directs have a particular tradition so far

December 2013 Direct - first announcement: Hyrule Warriors
November 2014 Direct - first announcement: Majora's Mask 3D
November 2015 Direct - first announcement: Twilight Princess HD?

!

Morfeo

The Chuck Norris of Peace
FINALLY MY BODY IS SO REGGIE FOR THIS CHOOOO CHOOOO

*checks time

Oh no, its in the middle of something I have to do, so I wont be able to join in on the glory:(

TreIII

I thought Monster Hunter Stories was confirmed for localization? Maybe I was mistaken.

Not yet, as of now.

But considering Stories was a game that the main MH team has spent a lot of time on for the last few years, to try and ensnare a larger/new audience, as well as MH4U doing quite well overseas...it stands to reason that both X and Stories will come over eventually, in some form.

Stories is even slated to get its own anime adaptation. Clearly they're going for broke when it comes to the multimedia blitz strategy when it comes to that game.

I certainly haven't seen such an announcement anywhere. The only thing I know is that they have "plans" to bring the anime overseas in 2016, so maybe we'll get another Yokai Watch situation in our hands.

Mr-Joker

Banned
Not yet, as of now.

But considering Stories was a game that the main MH team has spent a lot of time on for the last few years, to try and ensnare a larger/new audience, as well as MH4U doing quite well overseas...it stands to reason that both X and Stories will come over eventually, in some form.

Stories is even slated to get its own anime adaptation. Clearly they're going for broke when it comes to the multimedia blitz strategy when it comes to that game.

I really hope that Monster Hunter Stories gets localized, I really like the look of it.

How is it spoiled?

It was leaked and since every one knows that it's coming the surprised is spoilt. The same thing happened during E3 which took the wind out of their sail.

People go into these direct expecting to be surprised with something new.

That's a smartphone game

evB6tAu.gif

BY2K

Membero Americo
Strangely enough, end of the year's Directs have a particular tradition so far

December 2013 Direct - first announcement: Hyrule Warriors
November 2014 Direct - first announcement: Majora's Mask 3D
November 2015 Direct - first announcement: Twilight Princess HD?

Interesting coincidence...

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
IIRC, Directs for Japan usually get announced around...in around an hour from now? Correct me if I'm wrong.

It's also true this Direct was announced one hour later than usual for both US and Europe.

Actually, thinking more about it, we're talking about a Direct announced more than 48 hours in advance. It's kind of an extreme situation for periods between the announcement and the actual Direct happening. Do we remember the times when the Japanese ones were announced in such occasions?

I still insist we'll see a Direct in Japan, due to

- trailer for Mario & Luigi: Paper Jam (unless they decide to post it in a few hours, when they release updates for the eShop and trailers usually)
- one of the hints was the Japanese Direct page no longer redirecting to the Splatoon Direct
- Kimishima stated there was going to be a Direct (if not more) by the end of the year, and he was speaking to a Japanese audience

That's a smartphone game

Here's the Localization List of Pain:

7th Dragon III Code: VFD
Beyond the Labyrinth
Dai Gyakuten Saiban (The Great Ace Attorney)
Daigasso! Band Brothers P
Digimon World Re:Digitize Decode
Dragon Quest Monsters: Terry's Wonderland 3D
Dragon Quest Monsters 2: Iru and Luca's Marvelous Mysterious Key
Dragon Quest Monsters Joker 3
Dragon Quest VII
Dragon Quest VIII
Dragon Quest XI
Monster Hunter Stories
Monster Hunter X
Picross 3D 2
Puyo Puyo Tetris
Rhythm Tengoku The Best Plus
Shin Megami Tensei IV: Final
Slime MoriMori Dragon Quest 3
Theatrhythm Dragon Quest
The Tetsudou Nippon! Rosen Tabi games for me personally

Localization-hungry people can turn these into a bingo card lol

Others include:

Class of Heroes 3D
Zoo Keeper 3D
Puyo Puyo 20th Anniversary
Puyo Puyo Tetris
Tales of the World: Reve Unitia
Taiko series on both 3DS and Wii U
Yakuza 1&2 HD for Wii U
Medabots 7
Medabots 8
Medabots 9
Medabots Duel

Digimon World Re:digitize Decode hurts so damn much, thanks Bandai Namco. :'(

I just want to know what the Smash characters will be already! And I guess, I'm a little excited for TPHD, if the I like the style they choose to HD it up..

cacildo

Do we have a name for "games we dont want to see in a direct?"

You know, like Mario Tennis, More Xenoblade, etc?

Like what Pikmin 3 became... yoshi wooly world...

Like, this happens every direct or e3 or whatever: we want to see new stuff, they talk about stuff we dont want to hear about dor HOURS

maxcriden

Cool write-up about the game. I admire nintendo's decision with skyward sword, comitting themselves to make a game as complex as zelda with so many different type of motion controls. So in that case it's understandable that there wasn't any kind of controller options. But i think that depending on nintendo's implementation about zelda U, they should give as many options as possible. Aonuma even said that even if he prefers a certain control scheme, that shouldn't be the only one. So i believe that they will always give us a lot of options regarding controls, UI and even difficulty.

I'm also happy that i'm replaying some other zeldas in anticipation for TPHD and Zelda Wii U. I've just finished OOT on VC and now i'm playing WWHD and it's wonderful to see the little modifications on the game. The cool thing is also that playing these games that i'm much more nostalgic for compared to SS shows me that i truly like SS and it's a game that i will gladly return to in the future just like i do with these other games.

The only problems is that I just don't like discussing the game (or zelda in general, and other long running series like metroid for example) here on neogaf and other places because people have a lot of different opinions about the series and people love to show them with lots of snark and hyperbole.

Hey, thanks so much for reading my Skyward musings. I totally agree about control and UI options. I totally agree with everything you said, in fact, haha. Have you played the handheld Zeldas as well?

Roo

Totally hyped.

No announcement for a japanese Direct is rather suspicious thought, especially after all this time. Shouldn't get my hopes up for Pokémon Z reveal...

9:37 am over there right now.
Give them a few more hours. If we don't get anything in let's say...6-7 hours then yeah, don't expect anything impressive from the other directs.

there you go :D

JoeM86

For those who forgot, Morimoto was handed Nintendo Directs back in April. Iwata said Morimoto would be handling the Directs in the future, though Iwata had planned on appearing in some from time to time.

Morimoto did the Nintendo Direct on May 31st all by himself

morimoto-nintendo-direct.jpg

egruntz

shelaughz
So who's the guy in the image with sunglasses and the GIF of bullet bills being dropped? I want that guy to do the directs so we can get more of those hilarious GIFs.

mdtauk

It will be sad to not see Satoru Iwata appearing in this Nintendo Direct. The only consolation will be in Europe, where we should still see Satoru Shibata, so Satoru will live on some more...
Satoru-Shibata-4-10-12.jpg

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
Now we are awaiting for Sakurai to retweet the Direct Tweet so we know that we are going to hear something from Sakurai and the studio!

TreIII

Ah, Morimoto. Looking forward to his second time doing it by himself!

And with that, I'm now daring to raise my hopes a bit.
Even if it is just probably going to be a worldwide unveiling of TPHD.

Top Bottom